|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Gwen Hailey.
(b) Percy Bullard.
(c) Ethel Twitty.
(d) Rufus Buckley.
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(b) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(c) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(d) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(c) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(d) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
4. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Iris, 2.
(b) Iris, 1.
(c) Champagne, 1.
(d) Frances, 1.
5. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
4. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
5. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)