|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He orders pizza.
(d) He does some paperwork.
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(b) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(c) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(d) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
3. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
(a) Refuses, accuses him of solicitation, and threatens to report or have him reviewed by grand jury.
(b) Considers it briefly, then declines.
(c) Says nothing, and slams the phone down.
4. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(c) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
5. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) State Attorney.
(c) District Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
5. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)