|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) To a zoo.
(c) Kite flying.
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Jaguar.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Rolls-Royce.
(d) A Saab.
4. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks vodka.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(b) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(c) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(d) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)