|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Bring in the NAACP.
(b) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(c) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
(d) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 120 days to prepare.
(b) 90 days to prepare.
(c) 60 days to prepare.
(d) 180 days to prepare.
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(d) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
4. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
(a) Refuses, accuses him of solicitation, and threatens to report or have him reviewed by grand jury.
(b) Says nothing, and slams the phone down.
(c) Considers it briefly, then declines.
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(b) An opportunity to earn money.
(c) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(d) As his ticket to the big time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
5. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)