|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
(a) Refuses, accuses him of solicitation, and threatens to report or have him reviewed by grand jury.
(b) Says nothing, and slams the phone down.
(c) Considers it briefly, then declines.
2. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(b) To a zoo.
(c) Kite flying.
(d) On a picnic.
3. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(c) He orders pizza.
(d) He does some paperwork.
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(b) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(c) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(d) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
5. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Gwen Hailey.
(b) Percy Bullard.
(c) Ethel Twitty.
(d) Rufus Buckley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)