|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Ethel Twitty.
(b) Gwen Hailey.
(c) Percy Bullard.
(d) Rufus Buckley.
2. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's entire legal staff.
(b) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(c) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(d) A brank new Ford Mustang.
4. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
5. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 120 days to prepare.
(b) 90 days to prepare.
(c) 60 days to prepare.
(d) 180 days to prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)