|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(b) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
(c) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
2. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(b) District Judge.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) State Attorney.
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
3. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
4. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)