|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
2. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(d) He orders pizza.
3. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) State Attorney.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) District Judge.
4. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
(a) She has repeatedly been late to work and taken long lunch breaks.
(b) She has brought individuals to his office before advising of their presence.
(c) She has allowed someone to await his return in his office.
(d) She has allowed calls to come to his office phone before 8:30 a.m.
5. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(b) On a picnic.
(c) To a zoo.
(d) Kite flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
2. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
3. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
4. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
5. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)