|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(b) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(c) Drinks vodka.
(d) Listens to classical music.
2. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(d) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
4. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
5. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) To a zoo.
(c) On a picnic.
(d) Kite flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
2. What does Jake Brigance drive?
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)