|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) To a zoo.
(b) Kite flying.
(d) On a picnic.
3. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(b) He orders pizza.
(c) He does some paperwork.
(d) He laughs.
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(c) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(d) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
5. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Ethel Twitty.
(b) Gwen Hailey.
(c) Rufus Buckley.
(d) Percy Bullard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
3. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)