|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(b) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(c) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
2. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He orders pizza.
(c) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(d) He laughs.
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(b) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(c) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(d) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
4. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Jaguar.
(c) A Rolls-Royce.
(d) A Saab.
5. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Champagne, 1.
(b) Iris, 2.
(c) Frances, 1.
(d) Iris, 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
3. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)