|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
(a) She has allowed someone to await his return in his office.
(b) She has allowed calls to come to his office phone before 8:30 a.m.
(c) She has brought individuals to his office before advising of their presence.
(d) She has repeatedly been late to work and taken long lunch breaks.
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(c) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(d) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Frances, 1.
(b) Iris, 1.
(c) Champagne, 1.
(d) Iris, 2.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(c) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)