|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Light a cigar.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(d) Play his harmonica.
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(d) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Listens to classical music.
(b) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(c) Drinks vodka.
(d) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)