|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(d) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) No parole.
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Prosecutor.
(b) Ford County Judge.
(c) Tavern owner.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)