|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(b) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(c) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(d) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Light a cigar.
(d) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)