|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(b) Play his harmonica.
(c) Have a cup of coffee.
(d) Light a cigar.
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(b) They might not indict.
(c) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(d) They might not be able to come to a decision.
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(d) Join the KKK.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(b) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(c) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)