|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
2. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(b) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(c) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) To get at least one black jury member.
(d) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
5. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) District Judge.
(d) State Attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
5. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)