|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(b) Light a cigar.
(c) Have a cup of coffee.
(d) Play his harmonica.
2. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Iris, 1.
(b) Champagne, 1.
(c) Frances, 1.
(d) Iris, 2.
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 13 years.
(b) No parole.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(c) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(d) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
3. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
4. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
5. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)