|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Saab.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Rolls-Royce.
(d) A Jaguar.
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(b) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(c) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(d) They might not indict.
3. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
4. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
5. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) A brank new Ford Mustang.
(b) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(c) His father's entire legal staff.
(d) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)