|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(b) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(c) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(d) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
3. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) State Attorney.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) District Judge.
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
5. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
(b) Bring in the NAACP.
(c) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
(d) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
2. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
3. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)