|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Bring in the NAACP.
(b) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(c) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
(d) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
2. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(c) He orders pizza.
(d) He does some paperwork.
3. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Prosecutor.
(b) Ford County Sheriff.
(c) Tavern owner.
(d) Ford County Judge.
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(b) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(c) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(d) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. What does Jake Brigance drive?
3. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
5. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)