|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(b) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(c) They might not indict.
(d) They might find he was temporarily insane.
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(c) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's entire legal staff.
(b) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(c) A brank new Ford Mustang.
(d) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
2. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)