|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Ford County Sheriff.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Tavern owner.
3. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Frances, 1.
(b) Champagne, 1.
(c) Iris, 1.
(d) Iris, 2.
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
4. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)