|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(b) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(d) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(b) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
3. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
(a) He can use the refusal to change venue for a mistrial if necessary.
(b) Someone did not get to the judge, but others have been gotten to.
(c) It is going to be a very uphill trial.
(d) Lucien is right, someone got to Judge Noose.
4. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(b) Jean is not concerned.
(c) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(d) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
(a) Dr. T. W. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(b) Dr. W. T. Blast, retired pediatrician.
(c) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(d) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
3. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
4. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)