|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(b) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
3. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
(a) The gory pictures of Willard and Cobb's bodies.
(b) Carl Lee's apologizing to Deputy Looney.
(c) The M-16 automatic rifle.
(d) The fact that Deputy Looney was shot and lost a leg.
4. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) An opportunity to earn money.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(d) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
2. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
3. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
4. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)