|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
(a) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(b) Dr. T. W. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(c) Dr. W. T. Blast, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
3. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(c) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(b) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(b) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(c) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(d) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
4. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)