|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(c) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
2. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
4. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(c) As his ticket to the big time.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
5. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
2. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
5. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)