|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
3. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
(a) Although a secret few knew, Ault's first girlfriend was black.
(b) Ault was raised by a black "nanny" until he was in his early teens.
(c) Ault was rescued as a boy from drowning by a black person.
(d) Ault was rescued as a boy from a burning building by a black person.
4. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(b) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(c) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
5. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 180 days to prepare.
(b) 60 days to prepare.
(c) 90 days to prepare.
(d) 120 days to prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
3. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
4. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
5. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)