|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
(b) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(c) Both are in favor.
(d) Both are opposed.
2. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(c) Have a cup of coffee.
(d) Light a cigar.
4. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean is not concerned.
(b) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(c) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(d) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(b) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(c) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(d) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
2. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
3. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
4. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)