|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A century and a half of legal history.
(b) A century of legal history.
(c) A quarter century of legal history.
(d) A half century of legal history.
2. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
(a) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(b) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(c) Dr. T. W. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(d) Dr. W. T. Blast, retired pediatrician.
3. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(b) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(c) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(d) Reflecting on how he got off.
4. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(b) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(c) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(d) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Light a cigar.
(c) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(d) Have a cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
3. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
4. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
5. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)