|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
(b) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(c) New parking meters are being installed.
(d) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
2. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(d) Light a cigar.
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(c) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
5. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
2. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
3. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
4. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)