|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(b) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
(c) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(d) Jean is not concerned.
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
3. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(b) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(c) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(d) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
4. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(b) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
(c) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
(d) New parking meters are being installed.
5. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
(a) The fact that Deputy Looney was shot and lost a leg.
(b) The gory pictures of Willard and Cobb's bodies.
(c) Carl Lee's apologizing to Deputy Looney.
(d) The M-16 automatic rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
2. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
4. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)