|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks vodka.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
2. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
(a) He can use the refusal to change venue for a mistrial if necessary.
(b) Someone did not get to the judge, but others have been gotten to.
(c) Lucien is right, someone got to Judge Noose.
(d) It is going to be a very uphill trial.
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(b) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(c) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
4. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
5. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
(b) New parking meters are being installed.
(c) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
(d) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
4. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
5. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)