|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(b) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(c) Reflecting on how he got off.
(d) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
2. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
3. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
(b) Jean is not concerned.
(c) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(d) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
4. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(b) Both are in favor.
(c) Both are opposed.
(d) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) As his ticket to the big time.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
2. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
5. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)