|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
2. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
3. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He does some paperwork.
(d) He orders pizza.
4. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
(b) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
(c) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(d) New parking meters are being installed.
5. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A quarter century of legal history.
(b) A half century of legal history.
(c) A century of legal history.
(d) A century and a half of legal history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
2. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
5. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)