|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
2. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(b) Drinks vodka.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(b) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(b) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(c) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(d) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
2. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)