|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(b) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(c) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
(d) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(b) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(c) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(d) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
3. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
(a) Carl Lee's apologizing to Deputy Looney.
(b) The gory pictures of Willard and Cobb's bodies.
(c) The fact that Deputy Looney was shot and lost a leg.
(d) The M-16 automatic rifle.
4. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
(a) It is going to be a very uphill trial.
(b) Someone did not get to the judge, but others have been gotten to.
(c) He can use the refusal to change venue for a mistrial if necessary.
(d) Lucien is right, someone got to Judge Noose.
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(b) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
3. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
4. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
5. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)