|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(b) He orders pizza.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He does some paperwork.
2. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Both are in favor.
(b) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(c) Both are opposed.
(d) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
3. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Light a cigar.
(c) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(d) Have a cup of coffee.
5. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
(b) New parking meters are being installed.
(c) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(d) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
2. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
4. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
5. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)