|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(d) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
2. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
(b) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(c) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(d) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks vodka.
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Ford County Sheriff.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Tavern owner.
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He orders pizza.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
2. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)