|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Play his harmonica.
(d) Light a cigar.
2. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(b) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
3. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) New parking meters are being installed.
(b) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(c) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
(d) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
4. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
(a) Ault was raised by a black "nanny" until he was in his early teens.
(b) Ault was rescued as a boy from drowning by a black person.
(c) Ault was rescued as a boy from a burning building by a black person.
(d) Although a secret few knew, Ault's first girlfriend was black.
5. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
(b) Both are in favor.
(c) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(d) Both are opposed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
2. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
3. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
4. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)