|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(b) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
2. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(b) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(c) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(b) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(d) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Light a cigar.
(b) Play his harmonica.
(c) Have a cup of coffee.
(d) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
5. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
(a) He has never declared a black person "insane."
(b) He has some shady connections.
(c) He has always been siding with the state.
(d) He is reluctant to declare anyone "insane."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
2. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
3. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
5. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)