|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A century and a half of legal history.
(b) A quarter century of legal history.
(c) A half century of legal history.
(d) A century of legal history.
2. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
(a) Gwem Hailey's.
(b) Reverend Agee's.
(c) Ozzie Walls'.
(d) Bud Twitty's.
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
4. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
5. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
2. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
4. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
5. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)