|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
(a) The National Guard colonel waited before senting someone to check.
(b) He has kept Dr. Bass sober all night and his testimony will be postponed.
(c) That someone has attempted to take Jake's life.
(d) The National Guard did not check out the silo amongst other locations.
2. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(b) Seated in her mama's lap.
(c) She is afraid and is not present.
(d) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(b) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
(c) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(d) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(a) A National Guardsman.
(d) Deputy Nesbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
2. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
4. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
5. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)