|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(a) A National Guardsman.
(b) Deputy Nesbit.
2. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(b) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
(c) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
(d) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
3. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
(a) The National Guard did not check out the silo amongst other locations.
(b) He has kept Dr. Bass sober all night and his testimony will be postponed.
(c) That someone has attempted to take Jake's life.
(d) The National Guard colonel waited before senting someone to check.
4. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(b) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
(c) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(d) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
5. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 80 degrees.
(b) 70 degrees.
(c) 100 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
2. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
3. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
4. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
5. What do the participants chant at the rally?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)