|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 70 degrees.
(b) 90 degrees.
(c) 100 degrees.
(d) 80 degrees.
2. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(b) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
(c) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(d) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
3. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He will remain as long as is needed.
(b) He has to leave now.
(c) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(d) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
4. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(b) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(c) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(d) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
5. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
(a) That someone has attempted to take Jake's life.
(b) The National Guard colonel waited before senting someone to check.
(c) He has kept Dr. Bass sober all night and his testimony will be postponed.
(d) The National Guard did not check out the silo amongst other locations.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
2. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
3. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
4. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
5. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)