|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(c) "Mickey Mouse."
(d) Deputy Nesbitt.
2. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
(a) She is intentionally run off the road by a sedan.
(b) She has a motor vehicle accident.
(c) She is intentionally run off the road by a pickup truck.
(d) She is pulled over by a vehicle with flashing blue lights.
3. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
(a) He will not be in today, he will be drunk by afternoon, and he will be in Saturday.
(b) He will be in this afternoon, not this morning.
(c) He will be in, but not for an hour, as he needs to shower and change.
(d) He will be in as soon as he showers, changes, and the area is secured.
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
(b) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
(c) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(d) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
2. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
3. What do the participants chant at the rally?
4. What is the reaction to the press conference?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)