|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
(a) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse and jail.
(b) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse.
(c) Maintain a prayer vigil at local black churches.
(d) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the jail.
2. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "We will overcome."
(b) "Free Carl Lee."
(c) "Amazing grace."
(d) "We want a just trial."
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(b) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(c) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
(d) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
4. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(b) "Mickey Mouse."
(c) Deputy Nesbitt.
5. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He will remain as long as is needed.
(b) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
(c) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(d) He has to leave now.
Short Answer Questions
1. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
2. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
3. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
4. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
5. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)