|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
(b) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
(c) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(d) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
2. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(c) Susie Lynn.
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
(b) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(c) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(d) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
4. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
(b) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
(c) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(d) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
5. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(a) Deputy Nesbitt.
(b) "Mickey Mouse."
Short Answer Questions
1. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
2. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
3. What do the participants chant at the rally?
4. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
5. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)