|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(b) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(c) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(d) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
2. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 100 degrees.
(b) 90 degrees.
(c) 80 degrees.
(d) 70 degrees.
3. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(b) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(c) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
(d) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
(a) He will be in this afternoon, not this morning.
(b) He will be in as soon as he showers, changes, and the area is secured.
(c) He will be in, but not for an hour, as he needs to shower and change.
(d) He will not be in today, he will be drunk by afternoon, and he will be in Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
2. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
3. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
4. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
5. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)