|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her mama's lap.
(b) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(c) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(d) She is afraid and is not present.
2. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
(b) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(c) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(d) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
3. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(a) "Mickey Mouse."
(c) Deputy Nesbitt.
4. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
(b) He has an argument with Jake.
(c) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(d) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
5. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
(a) Lucien states Sisco is one of few whites at Tank's Tonk.
(b) Lucien tells how he "bought" Sisco in a previous case.
(c) Lucien says Sisco is white, but has a daughter with a black girlfriend.
(d) Lucien says Sisco owes him, as he got him off of prior charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
2. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
3. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
4. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
5. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)