|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
(a) That someone has attempted to take Jake's life.
(b) The National Guard colonel waited before senting someone to check.
(c) He has kept Dr. Bass sober all night and his testimony will be postponed.
(d) The National Guard did not check out the silo amongst other locations.
2. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(b) In the Clanton Inn.
(c) On the office couch.
(d) In a motor lodge.
3. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(a) "Mickey Mouse."
(c) Deputy Nesbitt.
4. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
(a) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse.
(b) Maintain a prayer vigil at local black churches.
(c) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the jail.
(d) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse and jail.
5. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
(a) Lucien states Sisco is one of few whites at Tank's Tonk.
(b) Lucien says Sisco is white, but has a daughter with a black girlfriend.
(c) Lucien tells how he "bought" Sisco in a previous case.
(d) Lucien says Sisco owes him, as he got him off of prior charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
2. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
3. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
4. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
5. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)