|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
(a) He will be in as soon as he showers, changes, and the area is secured.
(b) He will be in, but not for an hour, as he needs to shower and change.
(c) He will not be in today, he will be drunk by afternoon, and he will be in Saturday.
(d) He will be in this afternoon, not this morning.
2. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 70 degrees.
(b) 90 degrees.
(c) 100 degrees.
(d) 80 degrees.
3. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
(b) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(c) He has to leave now.
(d) He will remain as long as is needed.
4. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(b) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
(c) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(d) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
5. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(b) Deputy Nesbitt.
(d) "Mickey Mouse."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction to the press conference?
2. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
3. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
4. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
5. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)