|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(b) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(c) Seated in her mama's lap.
(d) She is afraid and is not present.
2. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(b) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
(c) He has an argument with Jake.
(d) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
3. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He will remain as long as is needed.
(b) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(c) He has to leave now.
(d) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
4. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
(a) He will be in this afternoon, not this morning.
(b) He will be in as soon as he showers, changes, and the area is secured.
(c) He will not be in today, he will be drunk by afternoon, and he will be in Saturday.
(d) He will be in, but not for an hour, as he needs to shower and change.
5. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(c) A National Guardsman.
(d) Deputy Nesbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction to the press conference?
2. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
3. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
4. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
5. What do the participants chant at the rally?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)