|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(b) Susie Lynn.
2. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) On the office couch.
(b) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(c) In the Clanton Inn.
(d) In a motor lodge.
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
(a) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse.
(b) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse and jail.
(c) Maintain a prayer vigil at local black churches.
(d) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the jail.
4. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(a) A National Guardsman.
(d) Deputy Nesbit.
5. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
(a) Lucien says Sisco owes him, as he got him off of prior charges.
(b) Lucien tells how he "bought" Sisco in a previous case.
(c) Lucien states Sisco is one of few whites at Tank's Tonk.
(d) Lucien says Sisco is white, but has a daughter with a black girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
2. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
3. What do the participants chant at the rally?
4. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
5. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)