|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) In the Clanton Inn.
(b) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(c) In a motor lodge.
(d) On the office couch.
2. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(b) Susie Lynn.
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(b) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(c) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(d) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
4. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
(b) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(c) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(d) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
5. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
(a) He will be in this afternoon, not this morning.
(b) He will not be in today, he will be drunk by afternoon, and he will be in Saturday.
(c) He will be in, but not for an hour, as he needs to shower and change.
(d) He will be in as soon as he showers, changes, and the area is secured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
2. What do the participants chant at the rally?
3. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
4. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
5. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)