Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Chapter 1
• This chapter introduces and provides the details of the crime.
• This is not a mystery as the perpetrators are identified from the start.
• What the young victim's family can and shall do is revealed.
• Chapter 2
• The author introduces Sheriff Ozzie Walls, a highly respected leader.
• Locals are depicted as hoodlums who fight without cause, and are laughing about the rape of a young girl.
• Not smart enough to keep quiet, the case is quickly "solved," and Cobb and Willard are soon jailed.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Chapter 3
• This chapter provides background on the main character, Jake Brigance.
• It touches on Ethel Twitty, the secretary of 41 years that came along with the firm he inherited, but whom he fired and the details of which are to be provided later.
• The small southern town of Clanton and its segregation are also introduced.
• Author John Grisham is weaving the stories...
This section contains 3,707 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)