Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 Abstract
* Chapter 1
* This chapter introduces and provides the details of the crime.
* This is not a mystery as the perpetrators are identified from the start.
* What the young victim's family can and shall do is revealed.
* Chapter 2
* The author introduces Sheriff Ozzie Walls, a highly respected leader.
* Locals are depicted as hoodlums who fight...
This section contains 4,106 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)