Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
2. What is the topic of conversation when Rutledge first arrives to speak with Wilton at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Why does Royston tell Rutledge Sally Davenant chose to become a nurse during the war?
4. What is split personality?
5. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationships between each of the following characters in detail, citing examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton
2) Lettice Wood and Charles Harris
3) Mark Wilton and Charles Harris.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the main suspect in the murder of Harris? What does Rutledge think about the evidence he has gathered against this suspect? Does Scotland Yard support Rutledge's conclusions? Does Rutledge have the full support of his superiors at Scotland Yard? Explain. What could potentially happen to Ian Rutledge if he fails to solve this case in a satisfactory manner? Why do many people complain that Rutledge is taking too long to solve the case? Is he? How does Rutledge respond to this pressure?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ian Rutledge? Whose voice does he hear in his head? Why is he often surprised others cannot hear this voice? Why does Rutledge hear voices? Where has Rutledge been? What experience has caused Rutledge to hear this voice in his head? What was he before this experience? Who expects Rutledge to fail now that he has returned? Why? What does Rutledge think of his own chances of success in his current situation?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)