Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
2. What is the topic of conversation when Rutledge first arrives to speak with Wilton at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Why does Royston tell Rutledge Sally Davenant chose to become a nurse during the war?
4. What is split personality?
5. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
How is Harris murdered? Where does Rutledge believe he has found the murder weapon? Where was Harris' body found? What does Rutledge find in the area where the body was found? How does this point Rutledge to a possible witness? Does this witness help Rutledge pinpoint the murderer? What does this witness prove about the murder in Rutledge's mind?
Discuss one of the following in detail:
1) writing style
What is shell shock? Who experiences shell shock in this novel? What symptoms of shell shock does each character experience in the novel? What is the modern equivalent of shell shock? How does shell shock influence or take away from the investigation into Harris' murder? How has shell shock have the power to ruin the reputation of a main character of the novel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)