Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
2. What is the topic of conversation when Rutledge first arrives to speak with Wilton at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Why does Royston tell Rutledge Sally Davenant chose to become a nurse during the war?
4. What is split personality?
5. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
Who is Helena Sommers? What is her connection to the murder of Harris? When does Rutledge meet Maggie Sommers? What kind of animal to the Sommers' sister keep in their yard? What is unusual about this? Where does Rutledge often see Helena Sommers? Has Rutledge ever seen the Sommers' sisters together? Why or why not?
Who is Mavers? Why do the people of the village immediately point to Mavers as the chief suspect in Harris' death? Why have Mavers and Harris had a falling out? What has this done to Mavers' life? is Mavers fair in his assessment of Harris? Who pays Mavers' pension? Why is everyone in the village surprised to learn this fact late in the novel? What does this say about Mavers' motive for murder?
Who is Lizzie Pinter? Why is she traumatized? What does the doctor think of her condition? What does he do to help her? What does Rutledge find of Lizzie's in the meadow where Harris' body was found? What does Rutledge think Lizzie saw in the meadow? How does this change Rutledge's assumptions about the murder?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)