Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
(a) The meadow where the body was discovered.
(b) His hotel room.
2. What is the topic of conversation when Rutledge first arrives to speak with Wilton at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The funeral arrangements.
(b) The canceled wedding.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Why does Royston tell Rutledge Sally Davenant chose to become a nurse during the war?
(a) To help her country.
(b) To keep busy while waiting for word on her cousin.
(c) To find a new husband.
(d) To help her fellow villagers.
4. What is split personality?
(a) When a person shows one personality to the public and one at home.
(b) When an emotionally traumatized person creates a separate personality to deal with pain.
(c) When a person suffers a disfiguring trauma that changes their outlook on life.
(d) When a person has such emotional trauma that his personality changes dramatically.
5. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
(a) Coveting your neighbor.
(b) Making the best of one's short life.
(c) The sin of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as the villagers gather for the funeral of Colonel Harris?
2. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
3. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
4. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
5. Where does Maggie tell Rutledge Helena is when he confronts her in Chapter 20?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)