|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) Keeping his cousin from a nervous breakdown.
(b) Attending numerous will readings for the murdered man.
(c) Cancelling his wedding plans.
(d) Arranging the difficult funeral for a headless corpse.
2. How does Hamish McLeod respond to the portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
(a) He mocks it.
(b) He cries.
(c) He admires it.
(d) He laughs.
3. What does Wilton continuously refuse to answer each time Rutledge asks?
(a) Why he broke up with Catherine Tarrant.
(b) What his relationship with Lettice Wood is truly like.
(c) What his relationship with his cousin is.
(d) What his fight with the murder victim was about.
4. Where does Maggie tell Rutledge Helena is when he confronts her in Chapter 20?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Inn.
(d) The funeral.
5. Who objects loudly to Rutledge's decision to postpone arresting Wilton?
(a) Hamish McLeod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
2. Why does Rutledge often go to church while investigating a murder?
3. What does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood Mark Wilton might do to deal with his guilty conscious in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Royston tell Rutledge Sally Davenant chose to become a nurse during the war?
5. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)