|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a corn field.
(b) In a dining room.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a bedroom.
2. Where does Rutledge go in the middle of the night to try to figure out the logistics of the murder?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The Haldane property.
(c) The Inn.
(d) The town square.
3. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
(a) He has lovely taste in women.
(b) He fatalistically falls for women he cannot have.
(c) He always chooses the wrong woman.
(d) He could not have chosen a more devoted woman than Lettice Wood.
4. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Reading the evidence.
(b) Understanding the method of death.
(c) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(d) Concentrating on testimony.
5. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
(a) Coveting your neighbor.
(b) Making the best of one's short life.
(d) The sin of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
3. How does Hamish McLeod respond to the portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
4. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
5. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)