|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a sheep herdsman.
(b) He is a groom.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
(a) She is the one who committed the murder.
(b) She does not care who committed the murder.
(c) She does not know who committed the murder.
(d) She knows who committed the murder.
3. What does Rutledge realize he is lacking in Chapter 13 as to his list of suspects?
(a) A motive.
(d) A murder weapon.
4. What is split personality?
(a) When an emotionally traumatized person creates a separate personality to deal with pain.
(b) When a person has such emotional trauma that his personality changes dramatically.
(c) When a person suffers a disfiguring trauma that changes their outlook on life.
(d) When a person shows one personality to the public and one at home.
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
2. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
3. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
4. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
5. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)