|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Lying drunk on the ground.
(b) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(c) Stealing bread from the inn.
(d) Arguing with Mavers.
2. For whom did Mavers' father work?
(a) Mr. Davenant.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) The Haldanes.
(d) Colonel Harris.
3. Rutledge returns to the meadow in Chapter 12 and finds what object?
(a) A horse's bridle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A doll.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a sheep herdsman.
(c) He is a groom.
(d) He is a coal miner.
5. What does Rutledge realize about Maggie Sommers as he approaches her home the day of the funeral?
(a) She is related to a distant cousin.
(b) She is insignificant to the investigation.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He underestimated her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamish McLeod respond to the portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
2. Where does Rutledge go in the middle of the night to try to figure out the logistics of the murder?
3. What does Rutledge hear as he approaches the Sommers' cottage in Chapter 20?
4. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
5. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)