|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In a dining room.
(c) In a corn field.
(d) In a bedroom.
4. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In the meadow where the body was found.
(b) In the village square.
(c) In the lane.
(d) In front of Helena Sommers house.
5. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New tanks.
(b) New plane motors.
(c) New machines designed to kill.
(d) New machine guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood Mark Wilton might do to deal with his guilty conscious in Chapter 19?
2. Who does Rutledge think about as he studies a portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
3. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
5. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)