|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
(b) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
(d) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
2. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) Her nose is long and straight.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(d) She carries a book of spells.
3. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Maggie Sommers.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Helena Sommers.
4. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a good soldier.
(b) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(c) He was an arrogant fool.
(d) He was a true proper English gentleman.
5. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's cousin.
(b) Wilton's sister.
(c) Wilton's former fiancee.
(d) Wilton's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Lettice Wood to the funeral of Colonel Harris?
2. What does Rutledge realize about Maggie Sommers as he approaches her home the day of the funeral?
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
5. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)