|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(b) A type of pocket watch.
(c) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(d) An award given to pilots in World War I.
2. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
(a) His resignation.
(b) A raise.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A medal.
3. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Dr. Warren.
(d) Captain Wilton.
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is goodlooking.
(b) He is good at his job.
(c) He is cold.
(d) He is crazy.
5. Who escorts Lettice Wood to the funeral of Colonel Harris?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Dr. Warren.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
2. Who does Rutledge go to check on in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)