|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' man of business.
(c) Harris' butler.
(d) Harris' best friend.
3. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
(a) He killed another soldier in their squad.
(b) Refused to leave the battlefield.
(c) Refused to follow a direct order.
(d) He tried to kill Rutledge.
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(d) Cut out letters.
5. What is the primary thought on Lettice Wood's mind in the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A wish to turn back time.
(b) A hope that Mark will come see her.
(c) A hope that the investigation will be over soon.
(d) A wish that she had killed Harris in a different style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Redfern?
2. What gossip does Rutledge hear in Chapter 14 as he questions the villagers about Mavers?
3. What question does Lettice Wood ask Rutledge in Chapter 19?
4. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Who does Helena Sommers tell Rutledge has arranged a car to take her to the funeral?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)