|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(b) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(c) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(d) The person would rather work in the fields.
2. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is good at his job.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is goodlooking.
3. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
(a) A chance to lay a rose with his body.
(b) A chance to bury him with the rosary he held so dear.
(c) A chance to give him one last kiss.
(d) A chance to say goodbye.
4. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
5. Where does Rutledge go in the middle of the night to try to figure out the logistics of the murder?
(a) The Inn.
(b) The meadow.
(c) The town square.
(d) The Haldane property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
2. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
3. Who is Ian Rutledge?
4. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)