|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an inquest?
(a) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
(b) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
(c) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
(d) A murder investigation.
2. What does Rutledge hear as he approaches the Sommers' cottage in Chapter 20?
(a) The goose and a woman screaming.
(b) A shotgun blast.
(c) A child screaming.
(d) The goose and a man screaming.
3. Who does Lizzie Pinter look like, as pointed out by Hamish at the end of Chapter 18?
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Maggie Sommers.
4. What does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood Mark Wilton might do to deal with his guilty conscious in Chapter 19?
(a) Plead guilty to a crime he did not commit.
(b) Run away.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Commit another murder.
5. Who does Helena Sommers tell Rutledge has arranged a car to take her to the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
2. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
4. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
5. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)