|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
(a) He is content enough to watch the interaction of the villagers for a brief time.
(b) He is joyous and filled with laughter.
(c) He becomes distraught and quickly leaves.
(d) He becomes angry and insults everyone.
2. What is the primary thought on Lettice Wood's mind in the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A wish that she had killed Harris in a different style.
(b) A wish to turn back time.
(c) A hope that the investigation will be over soon.
(d) A hope that Mark will come see her.
3. Who was the first to suggest calling off the wedding between Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Colonel Harris.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(b) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(c) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(d) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
5. What image has been in Lettice Wood's head since learning of her guardian's violent death?
(a) A bloody shirt front.
(b) His smiling face as she last saw it.
(c) His mangled body.
(d) A bloody mass of flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lizzie Pinter react to the sight of her father in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
4. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
5. How does Hamish McLeod respond to the portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)