|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' daughter.
(b) Harris' ward.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
2. What is Mrs. Davenant's opinion of the relationship between Catherine Tarrant and Rolf Linden?
(a) It was scandalous because of the sentiments during the war.
(b) It was passionate to have survived.
(c) It was a tragedy for everyone involved.
(d) It was ill fated and would have failed.
3. Who does Rutledge nearly run over in the rain at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Maggie Sommers.
(c) Dr. Warren.
(d) Daniel Hickam.
4. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask if she saw the murder.
(b) To ask her to dinner.
(c) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(d) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
5. Who remains Rutledge's prime suspect in the investigation as Chapter 12 draws to a close?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
2. Who objects loudly to Rutledge's decision to postpone arresting Wilton?
3. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
5. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)