|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
(a) His sister.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' father.
(d) Mavers' cousin.
3. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He gives a list of names.
(c) He insists there are none.
(d) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
4. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New plane motors.
(b) New machines designed to kill.
(c) New tanks.
(d) New machine guns.
5. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Helena Sommers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
2. How did Harris reveal unrequited feelings for Lettice Wood on the Tuesday before his death?
3. What is an inquest?
4. What is Catherine Tarrant's main motive as revealed by her own thoughts in Chapter 17?
5. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)