|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Harris reveal unrequited feelings for Lettice Wood on the Tuesday before his death?
(a) He told a servant.
(b) He kissed her.
(c) He wrote her a letter.
(d) He announced them.
2. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
(a) What did Harris think of Wilton?
(b) Why would Harris call off her wedding?
(c) Who murdered Harris?
(d) What did Wilton know about Harris' business deals?
5. What is the primary thought on Lettice Wood's mind in the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A wish that she had killed Harris in a different style.
(b) A hope that the investigation will be over soon.
(c) A hope that Mark will come see her.
(d) A wish to turn back time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
2. Who remains Rutledge's prime suspect in the investigation as Chapter 12 draws to a close?
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
4. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
5. How does Lettice Wood's revelation of a brief affair with Harris change Wilton's motive?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)