|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge have trouble picturing when he returns to the meadow where the murder victim was discovered?
(a) Signs of a struggle.
(b) The marks of the bullet's path.
(c) The sequence of events.
(d) Possible location of a witness.
2. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
3. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(b) To be close to his cousin.
(c) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(d) To get away from killing.
4. Who does Rutledge learn in Chapter 14 features prominently in Mavers' speeches?
(a) The American President.
(b) The Russian Czar.
(c) The German Dictator.
(d) The King of England.
5. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
2. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
3. Why does Rutledge often go to church while investigating a murder?
4. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
5. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)