|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(d) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
3. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
(a) They did not agree on the budget for the wedding.
(b) They were in disagreement over Lettice's marriage to Wilton.
(c) They did not like one another.
(d) They were lovers.
5. What is split personality?
(a) When a person shows one personality to the public and one at home.
(b) When a person has such emotional trauma that his personality changes dramatically.
(c) When a person suffers a disfiguring trauma that changes their outlook on life.
(d) When an emotionally traumatized person creates a separate personality to deal with pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
2. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
3. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
5. What questions cause Lizzie Pinter to begin screaming in her grandmother's arms at the end of Chapter 18?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)