|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
2. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Dr. Warren.
(c) Captain Wilton.
3. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
4. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To protect Rutledge.
(b) To avoid gossip.
(c) To hide her true feelings.
(d) To protect Wilton.
5. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
(a) He tells her he will get a new investigator.
(b) He tells her he loves her.
(c) He promises to give her justice one way or another.
(d) He begs her to help him solve the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
2. What does the item Rutledge finds in the meadow in Chapter 12 tell Rutledge?
3. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
4. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
5. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)