|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is outgoing and confident.
(b) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(c) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(d) She is shy and reserved.
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Miss Wood's maid.
3. Why does Rutledge often go to church while investigating a murder?
(a) It helps him get a feel for the villagers and suspects.
(b) He enjoys ritual.
(c) He is a highly religious man.
(d) It helps him deal with Hamish.
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She carries a book of spells.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(d) Her nose is long and straight.
5. What is the weather like as the villagers gather for the funeral of Colonel Harris?
(a) Rainy and miserable.
(b) Hot and sunny.
(c) Snowy and cold.
(d) Humid and misty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
2. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
3. What is an inquest?
4. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
5. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)