|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
(a) That he should look closely at Wilton.
(b) That he is progressing faster than expected.
(c) That he is slow in solving it.
(d) That he should look elsewhere for the killer.
2. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(b) She is shy and reserved.
(c) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(d) She is outgoing and confident.
3. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those who never saw battle.
(b) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
(c) Those with physical injuries.
(d) Those who lost family members.
4. What motive does Wilton have for murdering Harris?
(a) A title.
(c) Lettice Wood.
5. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
(a) Lettice Wood was happy a few days later.
(b) Harris told him it was just a lover's tiff.
(c) Harris walked with her in the garden immediately afterward.
(d) Lettice Wood told him it was not serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood admit to in the end of Chapter 19?
2. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
3. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
4. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
5. Who does Dr. Warren ask Rutledge to come with him to meet at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)