|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
(a) Catherine Tarrant's grudge against herself and her guardian.
(b) Wilton's motive for murder.
(c) Mavers' motive for murder.
(d) Her final evening with her guardian.
2. What motive does Wilton have for murdering Harris?
(b) A title.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
(b) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(c) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
(d) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
4. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Miss Wood's maid.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mark Wilton.
5. What is an inquest?
(a) A murder investigation.
(b) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
(c) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
(d) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
3. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Rutledge go to check on in the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)