|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In front of Helena Sommers house.
(b) In the lane.
(c) In the meadow where the body was found.
(d) In the village square.
2. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
(a) He begs her to help him solve the case.
(b) He tells her he will get a new investigator.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He promises to give her justice one way or another.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
4. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He believes Dr. Warren had more motive.
(b) He believes Mavers is guilty.
(c) He believes the traumatized child saw the real killer and it was not Wilton.
(d) He believes he is missing something.
5. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(b) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(c) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
(d) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
2. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
3. What does Wilton continuously refuse to answer each time Rutledge asks?
4. What does Rutledge have trouble picturing when he returns to the meadow where the murder victim was discovered?
5. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)