|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image has been in Lettice Wood's head since learning of her guardian's violent death?
(a) A bloody shirt front.
(b) A bloody mass of flesh.
(c) His mangled body.
(d) His smiling face as she last saw it.
2. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To protect Wilton.
(b) To protect Rutledge.
(c) To hide her true feelings.
(d) To avoid gossip.
4. Who does Mavers wait to speak with after the church services in Chapter 15?
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
5. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
(a) She does not know who committed the murder.
(b) She does not care who committed the murder.
(c) She is the one who committed the murder.
(d) She knows who committed the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
2. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
3. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
4. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)