|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In the village square.
(b) In front of Helena Sommers house.
(c) In the meadow where the body was found.
(d) In the lane.
2. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
3. What is Mrs. Davenant's opinion of the relationship between Catherine Tarrant and Rolf Linden?
(a) It was ill fated and would have failed.
(b) It was passionate to have survived.
(c) It was a tragedy for everyone involved.
(d) It was scandalous because of the sentiments during the war.
4. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) Maggie Sommers.
(b) Laurence Royston.
(c) Rev. Carfield.
(d) Dr. Warren.
5. Why does Rutledge often go to church while investigating a murder?
(a) He is a highly religious man.
(b) It helps him get a feel for the villagers and suspects.
(c) He enjoys ritual.
(d) It helps him deal with Hamish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
2. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
4. Who is Laurence Royston?
5. What is an inquest?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)