|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He was very, very happy.
(c) He was unsatisfied with life.
(d) He was preoccupied.
4. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
5. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) Her nose is long and straight.
(b) She carries a book of spells.
(c) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(d) Her eyes are two different colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
2. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
3. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
4. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)