|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
(b) References to non-existent people.
(d) References to the war.
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' man of business.
(c) Harris' best friend.
(d) Harris' butler.
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(b) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(c) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(d) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
4. Rutledge returns to the meadow in Chapter 12 and finds what object?
(a) A horse's bridle.
(b) A doll.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In a dining room.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a corn field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
2. What gossip does Rutledge hear in Chapter 14 as he questions the villagers about Mavers?
3. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
5. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)