|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He insists there are none.
(d) He gives a list of names.
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(b) He is simply annoying.
(c) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(d) He insulted Colonel Harris.
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
(c) East Hampton.
4. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) A child, a cut tire, and a drunk.
(b) A spurned woman, a child, and a drunk.
(c) A child, a doll, and a drunk.
5. What does Hamish tell Rutledge about his ability to finish this case with his reputation intact?
(a) He will need more help.
(b) He should resign rather than fail.
(c) It will never happen.
(d) He should be able to solve the case easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motive does Wilton have for murdering Harris?
2. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)