|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A canister of poison.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A shotgun.
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' butler.
(d) Harris' man of business.
3. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
(a) He has lovely taste in women.
(b) He always chooses the wrong woman.
(c) He fatalistically falls for women he cannot have.
(d) He could not have chosen a more devoted woman than Lettice Wood.
4. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
(c) The meadow where the body was discovered.
(d) His hotel room.
5. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Maggie Sommers.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Helena Sommers.
(d) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
3. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
4. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
5. What gossip does Rutledge hear in Chapter 14 as he questions the villagers about Mavers?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)