|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
5. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) Maggie Sommers.
(b) Laurence Royston.
(c) Rev. Carfield.
(d) Dr. Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
2. What motive does Wilton have for murdering Harris?
3. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
4. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
5. What is a pension?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)