|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) Attending numerous will readings for the murdered man.
(b) Cancelling his wedding plans.
(c) Keeping his cousin from a nervous breakdown.
(d) Arranging the difficult funeral for a headless corpse.
2. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) Her nose is long and straight.
(d) She carries a book of spells.
3. Who is Redfern?
(a) The ward of the murder victim.
(b) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
(c) Rutledge's assistant.
(d) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
4. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
5. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
(a) That he should look closely at Wilton.
(b) That he is progressing faster than expected.
(c) That he is slow in solving it.
(d) That he should look elsewhere for the killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
3. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)