|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
2. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was unsatisfied with life.
(b) He was very, very happy.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was preoccupied.
3. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(d) Rheumatic fever.
4. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Sally Davenant.
5. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
(a) No, never.
(b) No, he could not have seen anything the morning of the murder due to alcohol use.
(c) Yes, but not until he enters rehab and beats the alcohol.
(d) Yes, when he wakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
2. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
4. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
5. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)