|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lizzie Pinter react to the sight of her father in Chapter 14?
(a) She screams.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is joyful.
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(b) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(c) The person would rather work in the fields.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
3. What image has been in Lettice Wood's head since learning of her guardian's violent death?
(a) His mangled body.
(b) A bloody shirt front.
(c) A bloody mass of flesh.
(d) His smiling face as she last saw it.
4. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
(a) They were lovers.
(b) They did not like one another.
(c) They were in disagreement over Lettice's marriage to Wilton.
(d) They did not agree on the budget for the wedding.
5. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(d) Persons unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
2. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
3. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
5. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)