|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image has been in Lettice Wood's head since learning of her guardian's violent death?
(a) His smiling face as she last saw it.
(b) His mangled body.
(c) A bloody shirt front.
(d) A bloody mass of flesh.
2. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
(b) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
(c) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
3. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
(a) Mr. Davenant.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. What does the item Rutledge finds in the meadow in Chapter 12 tell Rutledge?
(a) Wilton told the truth about who he saw the morning of the murder, but where he saw them.
(b) Wilton lied and he must be the killer.
(c) That Wilton was truthful about his activities that day and there might be another witness.
(d) Wilton lied about seeing Helena Sommers the morning of the murder.
5. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
(b) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(c) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(d) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
2. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
3. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
4. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
5. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)