|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Davenant has offered him a job.
(b) Lettice Wood is open to courting with him.
(c) Harris paid his pension, but it will not continue.
(d) Royston accused him of the murder.
2. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
(a) Mavers' motive for murder.
(b) Wilton's motive for murder.
(c) Catherine Tarrant's grudge against herself and her guardian.
(d) Her final evening with her guardian.
3. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
4. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those with physical injuries.
(b) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
(c) Those who never saw battle.
(d) Those who lost family members.
5. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mavers wait to speak with after the church services in Chapter 15?
2. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
3. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
4. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
5. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)