|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
(c) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
(d) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
2. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(b) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(c) German soldier.
(d) Murder victim.
3. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Helena Sommers.
(d) Maggie Sommers.
4. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
5. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
(b) A spurned woman, a child, and a drunk.
(c) A child, a cut tire, and a drunk.
(d) A child, a doll, and a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
3. How does Lizzie Pinter react in Chapter 14 when Rutledge shows her the doll he found in an earlier chapter?
4. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
5. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)