|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
2. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is outgoing and confident.
(b) She is shy and reserved.
(c) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(d) She is ugly and unpleasant.
3. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He cannot understand the women in the case.
(b) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
(c) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
(d) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
4. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
5. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) German soldier.
(b) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(c) Murder victim.
(d) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
3. Why was the murder victim, as discovered by Rutledge in Chapter 14, riding his horse near the houses of ill repute on the lane?
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)