|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(b) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(c) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(d) He is simply annoying.
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Sergeant Davies.
(c) Dr. Warren.
(d) Mark Wilton.
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
5. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
(a) He tried to kill Rutledge.
(b) Refused to leave the battlefield.
(c) Refused to follow a direct order.
(d) He killed another soldier in their squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
2. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
3. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
4. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
5. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)