|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) A type of pocket watch.
(b) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(c) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(d) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(b) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(c) A poor veteran of World War I.
(d) The husband of Lettice Wood.
3. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
(a) A head injury.
(b) Alcohol poisoning.
(c) Kidney disease.
(d) Liver disease.
4. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
5. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
2. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
3. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
4. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)