|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(b) She is shy and reserved.
(c) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(d) She is outgoing and confident.
2. To whom does a witness claim Catherine Tarrant gave money after the murder?
(b) Helena Sommers.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(a) Lettice Wood.
5. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
(a) Lettice Wood told him it was not serious.
(b) Harris told him it was just a lover's tiff.
(c) Harris walked with her in the garden immediately afterward.
(d) Lettice Wood was happy a few days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
2. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
3. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
5. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)