|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
2. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(b) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(c) German soldier.
(d) Murder victim.
3. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
(a) He is joyous and filled with laughter.
(b) He becomes distraught and quickly leaves.
(c) He becomes angry and insults everyone.
(d) He is content enough to watch the interaction of the villagers for a brief time.
4. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(b) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(c) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(d) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
5. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(b) With a gunshot to the breast.
(c) With a poison.
(d) With a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
2. What is a pension?
3. For whom did Mavers' father work?
4. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)