|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a sheep herdsman.
(b) He is a coal miner.
(c) He is a groom.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. To whom does a witness claim Catherine Tarrant gave money after the murder?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Lettice Wood.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
4. What does Rutledge want to know about Mavers' actions the morning of the murder?
(a) To learn which scholars he quotes in his speeches.
(b) To find out what he was saying about the murder victim.
(c) To verify his alibi.
(d) To learn if he could have slipped away.
5. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
(a) A jewelry maker who made the ring he gave Jean.
(b) An artist his sister greatly admires.
(c) A musician he has seen in concert.
(d) A sculpture whose work he has seen in museums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
2. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
3. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
4. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
5. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)