|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' cousin.
2. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
4. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their thoughts.
(b) Their testimony.
(c) Their lifestyles.
(d) Their emotions.
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) A family called Warren.
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) Colonel Harris.
(d) A family called Haldanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
2. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
3. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)