|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(b) Captain Mark Wilton.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
4. To whom does a witness claim Catherine Tarrant gave money after the murder?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(c) Helena Sommers.
5. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
(a) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
2. Who remains Rutledge's prime suspect in the investigation as Chapter 12 draws to a close?
3. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
4. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
5. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)