|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Dr. Warren.
2. What does Rutledge want to know about Mavers' actions the morning of the murder?
(a) To find out what he was saying about the murder victim.
(b) To verify his alibi.
(c) To learn if he could have slipped away.
(d) To learn which scholars he quotes in his speeches.
3. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goose.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
4. What is a pension?
5. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)