|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
(a) Sally Davenant.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Helena Sommers.
2. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from Germany.
(b) Someone from Upper Streetham.
(c) Someone from Paris.
(d) Someone from London.
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(b) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(c) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(d) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
5. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(b) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(c) The person would rather work in the fields.
(d) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamish tell Rutledge about his ability to finish this case with his reputation intact?
2. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)