|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' cousin.
(d) Mavers' sister.
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A coal miner.
(b) The child of a local aristocrat.
(c) A woman of ill repute.
(d) A village farmer's wife.
3. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Davenant.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In a corn field.
(c) In a dining room.
(d) In a bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize he is lacking in Chapter 13 as to his list of suspects?
2. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
4. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
5. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)