|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Sally Davenant.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Helena Sommers.
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was an arrogant fool.
(b) He was a good soldier.
(c) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(d) He was a true proper English gentleman.
3. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) Kidney disease.
(c) Liver disease.
(d) A head injury.
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(b) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(c) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(d) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
5. What image has been in Lettice Wood's head since learning of her guardian's violent death?
(a) A bloody mass of flesh.
(b) His mangled body.
(c) A bloody shirt front.
(d) His smiling face as she last saw it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge go to check on in the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
4. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Redfern?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)