|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
(a) Kidney disease.
(b) A head injury.
(c) Alcohol poisoning.
(d) Liver disease.
2. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(b) To ask if she saw the murder.
(c) To ask her to dinner.
(d) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
3. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) Dr. Warren.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(b) Lettice Wood.
5. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
(a) They need more time to be sure of the murderer.
(b) They have a murder weapon but no susects.
(c) They will solve the case within a few days.
(d) He has no clue who committed the murder and will more than likely declare it to be persons unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
2. What gossip does Rutledge hear in Chapter 14 as he questions the villagers about Mavers?
3. Why was the murder victim, as discovered by Rutledge in Chapter 14, riding his horse near the houses of ill repute on the lane?
4. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
5. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)