|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(a) Rheumatic fever.
2. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
(c) His sister.
3. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman of ill repute.
(b) The child of a local aristocrat.
(c) A village farmer's wife.
(d) A coal miner.
4. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In the village square.
(b) In the lane.
(c) In the meadow where the body was found.
(d) In front of Helena Sommers house.
5. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(b) Colonel Harris.
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
3. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
4. Why does Royston tell Rutledge Sally Davenant chose to become a nurse during the war?
5. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)