|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(b) Her nose is long and straight.
(c) Her eyes are two different colors.
(d) She carries a book of spells.
2. Rutledge returns to the meadow in Chapter 12 and finds what object?
(a) A knife.
(b) A horse's bridle.
(c) A gun.
(d) A doll.
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
(b) East Hampton.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
5. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She will not answer his questions.
(b) She reminds him of his mother.
(c) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
(d) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
5. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)