|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Warwickshire, England.
(b) York, England.
(c) East Hampton, England.
(d) Weltonshire, England.
2. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
3. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To protect Rutledge.
(b) To avoid gossip.
(c) To protect Wilton.
(d) To hide her true feelings.
4. What does Hamish tell Rutledge about his ability to finish this case with his reputation intact?
(a) He should be able to solve the case easily.
(b) It will never happen.
(c) He should resign rather than fail.
(d) He will need more help.
5. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What is Mrs. Davenant's opinion of the relationship between Catherine Tarrant and Rolf Linden?
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
4. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
5. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)