|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize he is lacking in Chapter 13 as to his list of suspects?
(a) A murder weapon.
(d) A motive.
2. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She will not answer his questions.
(b) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
(c) She reminds him of his mother.
(d) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
3. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) Arranging the difficult funeral for a headless corpse.
(b) Attending numerous will readings for the murdered man.
(c) Cancelling his wedding plans.
(d) Keeping his cousin from a nervous breakdown.
4. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Mr. Davenant.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sally Davenant?
2. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
3. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
4. Who does Rutledge go to check on in the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)