|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(b) He is simply annoying.
(c) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(d) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's former fiancee.
(b) Wilton's cousin.
(c) Wilton's mistress.
(d) Wilton's sister.
4. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
(a) Her final evening with her guardian.
(b) Wilton's motive for murder.
(c) Catherine Tarrant's grudge against herself and her guardian.
(d) Mavers' motive for murder.
5. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
(b) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
(c) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
(d) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
2. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
3. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
5. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)