|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
2. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
(c) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
(d) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. What does Rutledge realize he is lacking in Chapter 13 as to his list of suspects?
(a) A murder weapon.
(b) A motive.
5. What does Rutledge want to know about Mavers' actions the morning of the murder?
(a) To verify his alibi.
(b) To find out what he was saying about the murder victim.
(c) To learn which scholars he quotes in his speeches.
(d) To learn if he could have slipped away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Sally Davenant?
3. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
4. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
5. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)