|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is surprisingly cruel.
(c) She is callous and cold.
(d) She is surprisingly kind.
2. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Warrens.
(b) The Haldanes.
(c) The Harrises.
(d) The Davenants.
3. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
(a) Sally Davenant.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
4. To whom does a witness claim Catherine Tarrant gave money after the murder?
(b) Lettice Wood.
(d) Helena Sommers.
5. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
(b) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
2. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How does Lizzie Pinter react in Chapter 14 when Rutledge shows her the doll he found in an earlier chapter?
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
5. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)