|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is outgoing and confident.
(b) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(c) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(d) She is shy and reserved.
2. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
(a) He tells her he will get a new investigator.
(b) He promises to give her justice one way or another.
(c) He begs her to help him solve the case.
(d) He tells her he loves her.
3. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
(a) A musician he has seen in concert.
(b) A jewelry maker who made the ring he gave Jean.
(c) An artist his sister greatly admires.
(d) A sculpture whose work he has seen in museums.
4. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(a) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What does Wilton continuously refuse to answer each time Rutledge asks?
3. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
5. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)