|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(b) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(c) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(d) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
2. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kind and had no enemies.
(b) She thought he was annoying.
(c) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(d) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
3. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
(a) A chance to say goodbye.
(b) A chance to give him one last kiss.
(c) A chance to lay a rose with his body.
(d) A chance to bury him with the rosary he held so dear.
4. What does Wilton continuously refuse to answer each time Rutledge asks?
(a) What his fight with the murder victim was about.
(b) What his relationship with his cousin is.
(c) Why he broke up with Catherine Tarrant.
(d) What his relationship with Lettice Wood is truly like.
5. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
4. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
5. Who is Lettice Wood?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)