|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the murder victim, as discovered by Rutledge in Chapter 14, riding his horse near the houses of ill repute on the lane?
(a) He had resolved a dispute for one of the women of ill repute.
(b) He was visiting Helena Sommers.
(c) He was visiting a woman of ill repute.
(d) He was on his way into the village.
2. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) A child, a cut tire, and a drunk.
(b) A spurned woman, a child, and a drunk.
(d) A child, a doll, and a drunk.
3. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A canister of poison.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
4. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Understanding the method of death.
(b) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(c) Reading the evidence.
(d) Concentrating on testimony.
5. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Pastor Carfield.
(b) Inspector Forrest.
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
(d) Sergeant Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
2. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
4. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)