|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a poison.
(b) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a gunshot to the breast.
2. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(b) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
(c) To ask her to dinner.
(d) To ask if she saw the murder.
3. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
(a) A chance to lay a rose with his body.
(b) A chance to give him one last kiss.
(c) A chance to bury him with the rosary he held so dear.
(d) A chance to say goodbye.
4. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Sally Davenant.
5. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(b) A poor veteran of World War I.
(c) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(d) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
2. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)