|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a pension?
(a) Payment for services rendered.
(b) Payment for war veterans.
(c) Insurance payments.
(d) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
2. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(d) Rheumatic fever.
3. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
(a) They have a murder weapon but no susects.
(b) They need more time to be sure of the murderer.
(c) They will solve the case within a few days.
(d) He has no clue who committed the murder and will more than likely declare it to be persons unknown.
4. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He was unsatisfied with life.
(c) He was very, very happy.
(d) He was preoccupied.
5. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)