|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Miss Wood's maid.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
2. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is surprisingly kind.
(c) She is callous and cold.
(d) She is surprisingly cruel.
3. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
4. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in the Pacific.
(b) Victory in Europe.
(c) Victoria Principal.
(d) Queen Victoria.
5. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Mrs. Davanent.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Helena Sommers.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
2. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
3. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
5. What is a pension?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)