|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
(a) Refused to follow a direct order.
(b) He killed another soldier in their squad.
(c) He tried to kill Rutledge.
(d) Refused to leave the battlefield.
2. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' ward.
(b) Harris' daughter.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) Her nose is long and straight.
(d) She carries a book of spells.
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) A family called Haldanes.
(c) A family called Warren.
(d) Colonel Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sally Davenant?
2. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Colonel Harris?
4. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
5. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)