|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(b) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(c) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(d) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
2. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He gives a list of names.
(c) He insists there are none.
(d) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
3. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He cannot understand the women in the case.
(b) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
(c) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
(d) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is goodlooking.
(c) He is good at his job.
(d) He is cold.
5. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their testimony.
(b) Their thoughts.
(c) Their lifestyles.
(d) Their emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
2. What is the Victoria Cross?
3. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
4. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)