|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(b) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(c) The person would rather work in the fields.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
2. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
4. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
5. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' butler.
(c) Harris' man of business.
(d) Harris' best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
2. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
3. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
4. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
5. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)