|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Lying drunk on the ground.
(b) Stealing bread from the inn.
(c) Arguing with Mavers.
(d) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
2. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
(a) A medal.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A raise.
(d) His resignation.
3. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
(a) When they have all the money they could need.
(b) When they know they have justice on their side.
(c) When they have nothing to lose.
(d) When they have all they ever wanted.
4. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) German soldier.
(b) Murder victim.
(c) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(d) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
2. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. Where is Scotland Yard?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)