|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
(b) He cannot understand the women in the case.
(c) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
(d) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
2. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(d) Cut out letters.
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Dr. Warren.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Mark Wilton.
4. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is callous and cold.
(c) She is surprisingly cruel.
(d) She is surprisingly kind.
5. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victoria Principal.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Victory in Europe.
(d) Victory in the Pacific.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
2. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
3. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
4. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
5. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)