|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
2. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Harrises.
(b) The Warrens.
(c) The Davenants.
(d) The Haldanes.
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
4. What is a pension?
(a) Insurance payments.
(b) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(c) Payment for war veterans.
(d) Payment for services rendered.
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
2. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
4. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)