|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(b) Lettice Wood.
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in the Pacific.
(b) Victoria Principal.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Victory in Europe.
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
5. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
(b) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(c) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
(d) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
2. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
3. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)