|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Inspector Forrest.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) Mr. Davenant.
2. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
(c) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
(d) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
3. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(b) A family called Warren.
(c) A family called Haldanes.
(d) Captain Wilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
2. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
4. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)