|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(c) Lettice Wood.
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
4. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(c) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(d) To get away from killing.
5. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's former fiancee.
(b) Wilton's mistress.
(c) Wilton's sister.
(d) Wilton's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
5. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)