|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' man of business.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' butler.
(d) Harris' cousin.
2. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
(b) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(c) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
(d) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
3. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a dining room.
(b) In a corn field.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a bedroom.
4. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those who lost family members.
(b) Those with physical injuries.
(c) Those who never saw battle.
(d) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pension?
2. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
3. What is the Victoria Cross?
4. Where is Scotland Yard?
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)