|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) Her eyes are two different colors.
(b) Her nose is long and straight.
(c) She carries a book of spells.
(d) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' cousin.
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Miss Wood's maid.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mark Wilton.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) Colonel Harris.
(c) A family called Warren.
(d) A family called Haldanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
2. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
3. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
4. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
5. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)