|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
2. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A canister of poison.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
3. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) The child of a local aristocrat.
(b) A woman of ill repute.
(c) A village farmer's wife.
(d) A coal miner.
4. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(c) Rheumatic fever.
5. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
2. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
3. Who is Redfern?
4. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
5. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)