|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
2. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
(a) They have a murder weapon but no susects.
(b) They will solve the case within a few days.
(c) They need more time to be sure of the murderer.
(d) He has no clue who committed the murder and will more than likely declare it to be persons unknown.
3. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
(a) A medal.
(b) A raise.
(c) His resignation.
(d) A promotion.
4. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To hide her true feelings.
(b) To protect Wilton.
(c) To protect Rutledge.
(d) To avoid gossip.
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(b) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
(d) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
4. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)