|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(b) To get away from killing.
(c) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(d) To be close to his cousin.
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Miss Wood's maid.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) East Hampton, England.
(c) Warwickshire, England.
(d) Weltonshire, England.
5. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
3. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
4. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
5. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)