|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
(b) To ask if she saw the murder.
(c) To ask her to dinner.
(d) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(b) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(c) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(d) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
3. Who is Redfern?
(a) The ward of the murder victim.
(b) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
(c) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
(d) Rutledge's assistant.
4. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
(a) No, he could not have seen anything the morning of the murder due to alcohol use.
(b) Yes, when he wakes.
(c) No, never.
(d) Yes, but not until he enters rehab and beats the alcohol.
5. What is a pension?
(a) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(b) Payment for war veterans.
(c) Payment for services rendered.
(d) Insurance payments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
2. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
3. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
4. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)