|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
(a) Refused to follow a direct order.
(b) He killed another soldier in their squad.
(c) Refused to leave the battlefield.
(d) He tried to kill Rutledge.
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(b) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(c) A poor veteran of World War I.
(d) The husband of Lettice Wood.
3. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(b) Rheumatic fever.
4. Where is Scotland Yard?
(d) East Hampton.
5. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To hide her true feelings.
(b) To protect Rutledge.
(c) To protect Wilton.
(d) To avoid gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
2. Who is Agnes Farrell?
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)