|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's mistress.
(b) Wilton's cousin.
(c) Wilton's sister.
(d) Wilton's former fiancee.
2. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Men with titles.
(b) Wealthy men.
(c) Men without titles.
(d) Working men.
3. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(b) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(c) A type of pocket watch.
(d) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
4. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) The child of a local aristocrat.
(b) A coal miner.
(c) A woman of ill repute.
(d) A village farmer's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
2. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
3. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
4. What is a pension?
5. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)