|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is good at his job.
(c) He is goodlooking.
(d) He is cold.
2. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To hide her true feelings.
(b) To avoid gossip.
(c) To protect Rutledge.
(d) To protect Wilton.
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' ward.
(c) Harris' daughter.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
4. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
5. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A canister of poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
2. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Who is Redfern?
4. Who is Sally Davenant?
5. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)