|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a gunshot to the breast.
(b) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(c) With a poison.
(d) With a knife.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Miss Wood's maid.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Mark Wilton.
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(c) Lettice Wood.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' sister.
(c) Mavers' cousin.
(d) Mavers' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
3. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
4. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
5. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)