|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
(a) A jewelry maker who made the ring he gave Jean.
(b) A musician he has seen in concert.
(c) A sculpture whose work he has seen in museums.
(d) An artist his sister greatly admires.
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victoria Principal.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Victory in Europe.
(d) Victory in the Pacific.
3. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(c) Rheumatic fever.
4. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
(a) They have a murder weapon but no susects.
(b) They will solve the case within a few days.
(c) He has no clue who committed the murder and will more than likely declare it to be persons unknown.
(d) They need more time to be sure of the murderer.
5. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
(a) When they know they have justice on their side.
(b) When they have all they ever wanted.
(c) When they have nothing to lose.
(d) When they have all the money they could need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
2. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
3. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. Who is Ian Rutledge?
5. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)