|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(b) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(c) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(d) Maggie Sommers and a child.
2. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
3. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
(a) When they have nothing to lose.
(b) When they know they have justice on their side.
(c) When they have all the money they could need.
(d) When they have all they ever wanted.
4. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' man of business.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' butler.
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
2. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
4. Where is Scotland Yard?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)