|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(d) With a gunshot to the breast.
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A coal miner.
(b) A woman of ill repute.
(c) The child of a local aristocrat.
(d) A village farmer's wife.
3. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) German soldier.
(b) Murder victim.
(c) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(d) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
4. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their testimony.
(b) Their emotions.
(c) Their thoughts.
(d) Their lifestyles.
5. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
(b) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
(c) She will not answer his questions.
(d) She reminds him of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
3. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. Where is Scotland Yard?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)