|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(b) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(c) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(d) A poor veteran of World War I.
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Warwickshire, England.
(b) East Hampton, England.
(c) Weltonshire, England.
(d) York, England.
4. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
4. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
5. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)