|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(b) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(c) A poor veteran of World War I.
(d) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's former fiancee.
(b) Wilton's mistress.
(c) Wilton's cousin.
(d) Wilton's sister.
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is good at his job.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) He is goodlooking.
(d) He is cold.
5. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
(a) A bicycle accident.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) A boating accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
2. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
3. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
5. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)