|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(a) Rheumatic fever.
2. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
(c) East Hampton.
4. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's former fiancee.
(b) Wilton's sister.
(c) Wilton's mistress.
(d) Wilton's cousin.
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a corn field.
(b) In a dining room.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
3. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)