|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a bedroom.
(b) In a corn field.
(c) In a dining room.
(d) In a meadow.
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(b) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(c) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(d) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
3. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Persons unknown.
4. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Working men.
(b) Men with titles.
(c) Men without titles.
(d) Wealthy men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
4. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
5. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)