|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' mother.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' father.
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(b) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(c) The person would rather work in the fields.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
3. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
4. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was an arrogant fool.
(b) He was a true proper English gentleman.
(c) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(d) He was a good soldier.
5. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
Short Answer Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Who is Laurence Royston?
4. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
5. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)