|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She will not answer his questions.
(b) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
(c) She reminds him of his mother.
(d) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
2. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a gunshot to the breast.
(c) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(d) With a poison.
3. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(a) Rheumatic fever.
4. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
5. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(b) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(c) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(d) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)