|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
(a) A bicycle accident.
(b) A boating accident.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A plane crash.
2. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(b) She is shy and reserved.
(c) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(d) She is outgoing and confident.
4. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Reading the evidence.
(b) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(c) Understanding the method of death.
(d) Concentrating on testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
2. What is the Victoria Cross?
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
4. Who is Sally Davenant?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)