|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) German soldier.
(b) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(c) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(d) Murder victim.
2. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
(b) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
(c) She will not answer his questions.
(d) She reminds him of his mother.
3. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' father.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' mother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
5. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) Her nose is long and straight.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(d) She carries a book of spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Scotland Yard?
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
3. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
4. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
5. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)