|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' mother.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' father.
3. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(b) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(c) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(d) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
4. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
(a) An artist his sister greatly admires.
(b) A jewelry maker who made the ring he gave Jean.
(c) A musician he has seen in concert.
(d) A sculpture whose work he has seen in museums.
5. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask her to dinner.
(b) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(c) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
(d) To ask if she saw the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
2. Where is Scotland Yard?
3. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Sally Davenant?
5. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)