|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(b) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(c) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(d) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(b) A poor veteran of World War I.
(c) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(d) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' daughter.
(c) Harris' fiancee.
(d) Harris' ward.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' father.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
5. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Miss Wood's maid.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mark Wilton.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
4. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)