|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Captain Mark Wilton.
(b) Pastor Carfield.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(b) A poor veteran of World War I.
(c) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(d) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would rather work in the fields.
(b) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(c) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(d) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
5. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask her to dinner.
(b) To ask if she saw the murder.
(c) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(d) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Redfern?
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
5. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)