|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in Europe.
(b) Victory in the Pacific.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Victoria Principal.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' father.
(d) Mavers' mother.
3. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(b) She thought he was annoying.
(c) He is kind and had no enemies.
(d) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(b) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(c) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(d) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
5. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He is simply annoying.
(b) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(c) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(d) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
2. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
4. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
5. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)