|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
(a) A plane crash.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A bicycle accident.
(d) A boating accident.
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A village farmer's wife.
(b) A woman of ill repute.
(c) The child of a local aristocrat.
(d) A coal miner.
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was preoccupied.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was very, very happy.
(d) He was unsatisfied with life.
4. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
5. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
3. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
4. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
5. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)