|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman of ill repute.
(b) A coal miner.
(c) A village farmer's wife.
(d) The child of a local aristocrat.
2. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goose.
(c) A pig.
(d) A dog.
3. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
(a) Liver disease.
(b) A head injury.
(c) Kidney disease.
(d) Alcohol poisoning.
4. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was unsatisfied with life.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was preoccupied.
(d) He was very, very happy.
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Concentrating on testimony.
(b) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(c) Understanding the method of death.
(d) Reading the evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
2. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)