|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' man of business.
(b) Harris' cousin.
(c) Harris' best friend.
(d) Harris' butler.
2. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Wealthy men.
(b) Men without titles.
(c) Men with titles.
(d) Working men.
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New plane motors.
(b) New tanks.
(c) New machine guns.
(d) New machines designed to kill.
4. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(c) Persons unknown.
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Scotland Yard?
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
5. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)