|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(b) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(c) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(d) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
2. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(b) Persons unknown.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Who is Redfern?
(a) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
(b) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
(c) The ward of the murder victim.
(d) Rutledge's assistant.
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) Her eyes are two different colors.
(b) She carries a book of spells.
(c) Her nose is long and straight.
(d) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
5. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
2. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
4. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Colonel Harris?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)