|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(b) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(c) A poor veteran of World War I.
(d) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
3. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
4. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(b) She is outgoing and confident.
(c) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(d) She is shy and reserved.
5. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
4. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
5. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)