|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A canister of poison.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
2. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is shy and reserved.
(b) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(c) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(d) She is outgoing and confident.
3. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To get away from killing.
(b) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(c) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(d) To be close to his cousin.
4. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(b) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(c) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(d) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
5. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
2. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)