|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He is simply annoying.
(b) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(c) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(d) He insulted Colonel Harris.
2. Who is Redfern?
(a) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
(b) Rutledge's assistant.
(c) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
(d) The ward of the murder victim.
3. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(c) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(d) To get away from killing.
4. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kind and had no enemies.
(b) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(c) She thought he was annoying.
(d) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
5. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She carries a book of spells.
(b) Her nose is long and straight.
(c) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(d) Her eyes are two different colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
2. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
4. Where is Scotland Yard?
5. Who is Lettice Wood?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)