|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' fiancee.
(b) Harris' cousin.
(c) Harris' ward.
(d) Harris' daughter.
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman of ill repute.
(b) The child of a local aristocrat.
(c) A coal miner.
(d) A village farmer's wife.
3. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kind and had no enemies.
(b) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(c) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(d) She thought he was annoying.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' father.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
5. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
2. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
3. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)