|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(b) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(c) To be close to his cousin.
(d) To get away from killing.
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
(c) East Hampton.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
5. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a gunshot to the breast.
(b) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(c) With a poison.
(d) With a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Harris?
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)