|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in Europe.
(b) Victory in the Pacific.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Victoria Principal.
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(b) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(c) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(d) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(b) Stealing bread from the inn.
(c) Lying drunk on the ground.
(d) Arguing with Mavers.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Harris?
2. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
4. What is the Victoria Cross?
5. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)