|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's cousin.
(b) Wilton's mistress.
(c) Wilton's sister.
(d) Wilton's former fiancee.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' cousin.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Working men.
(b) Men without titles.
(c) Wealthy men.
(d) Men with titles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
3. Who is Redfern?
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
5. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)