|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(b) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(c) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(d) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
(a) East Hampton.
4. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
5. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Murder victim.
(b) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(c) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(d) German soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
2. Who is Lettice Wood?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
5. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)