|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Miss Wood's maid.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Mark Wilton.
2. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is cold.
(b) He is goodlooking.
(c) He is good at his job.
(d) He is crazy.
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(b) Colonel Harris.
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
4. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(b) Concentrating on testimony.
(c) Reading the evidence.
(d) Understanding the method of death.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' mother.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
5. Who is Sally Davenant?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)