|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Victoria Principal.
(c) Victory in Europe.
(d) Victory in the Pacific.
2. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Weltonshire, England.
(b) East Hampton, England.
(c) York, England.
(d) Warwickshire, England.
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
5. Who is Laurence Royston?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)