|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(b) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(c) Murder victim.
(d) German soldier.
2. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Working men.
(b) Wealthy men.
(c) Men without titles.
(d) Men with titles.
3. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Pastor Carfield.
(b) Sergeant Davies.
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
4. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Understanding the method of death.
(b) Concentrating on testimony.
(c) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(d) Reading the evidence.
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
4. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
5. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)