|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
2. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) East Hampton, England.
(c) Warwickshire, England.
(d) Weltonshire, England.
4. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(b) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(c) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(d) A type of pocket watch.
5. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Stealing bread from the inn.
(b) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(c) Arguing with Mavers.
(d) Lying drunk on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Harris?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Who is Ian Rutledge?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)