|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their lifestyles.
(b) Their testimony.
(c) Their thoughts.
(d) Their emotions.
3. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(d) Cut out letters.
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To get away from killing.
(b) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(c) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(d) To be close to his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
5. Who is Laurence Royston?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)