|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was an arrogant fool.
(b) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(c) He was a good soldier.
(d) He was a true proper English gentleman.
3. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A coal miner.
(b) A village farmer's wife.
(c) The child of a local aristocrat.
(d) A woman of ill repute.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
5. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A canister of poison.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. What is the Victoria Cross?
4. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)