|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) A family called Warren.
(c) Colonel Harris.
(d) A family called Haldanes.
3. Who is Redfern?
(a) The ward of the murder victim.
(b) Rutledge's assistant.
(c) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
(d) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
4. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(b) He was an arrogant fool.
(c) He was a true proper English gentleman.
(d) He was a good soldier.
5. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
4. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
5. Who is Colonel Harris?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)