|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(b) Lettice Wood.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' father.
(d) Mavers' cousin.
5. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(b) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(c) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(d) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
2. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)