|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' father.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' brother.
3. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
4. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' man of business.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' butler.
5. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(c) To get away from killing.
(d) To get away from the bustle of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
3. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
4. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)