|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Pastor Carfield.
(b) Captain Mark Wilton.
(c) Inspector Forrest.
(d) Sergeant Davies.
2. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
3. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
4. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
5. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Harris?
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
5. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)