|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(b) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
(c) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(d) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their testimony.
(b) Their thoughts.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their lifestyles.
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New plane motors.
(b) New machines designed to kill.
(c) New tanks.
(d) New machine guns.
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(b) Lettice Wood.
5. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(b) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(c) A poor veteran of World War I.
(d) The husband of Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)