|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
2. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's sister.
(b) Wilton's former fiancee.
(c) Wilton's cousin.
(d) Wilton's mistress.
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
2. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
3. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)