|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(c) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(d) To get away from killing.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
3. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(d) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
(b) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(d) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
3. Who is Colonel Harris?
4. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
5. Who is Ian Rutledge?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)