|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's mistress.
(b) Wilton's sister.
(c) Wilton's cousin.
(d) Wilton's former fiancee.
2. Where is Scotland Yard?
(a) East Hampton.
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
(d) Colonel Harris.
4. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(b) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(d) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
5. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
4. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
5. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)