|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
2. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Weltonshire, England.
(b) East Hampton, England.
(c) Warwickshire, England.
(d) York, England.
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Miss Wood's maid.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(b) She thought he was annoying.
(c) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(d) He is kind and had no enemies.
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Reading the evidence.
(b) Concentrating on testimony.
(c) Understanding the method of death.
(d) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
3. Who is Redfern?
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)