|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
2. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
3. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(b) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(c) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(d) A type of pocket watch.
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(b) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(c) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(d) A poor veteran of World War I.
5. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victoria Principal.
(b) Victory in the Pacific.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Victory in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Where is Scotland Yard?
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
4. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)