|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is good at his job.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He is goodlooking.
(d) He is crazy.
2. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Warwickshire, England.
(b) Weltonshire, England.
(c) York, England.
(d) East Hampton, England.
3. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
4. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New plane motors.
(b) New tanks.
(c) New machines designed to kill.
(d) New machine guns.
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(b) Reading the evidence.
(c) Concentrating on testimony.
(d) Understanding the method of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
2. Who is Sally Davenant?
3. Where is Scotland Yard?
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
5. Who is Ian Rutledge?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)