|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victoria Principal.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Victory in Europe.
(d) Victory in the Pacific.
2. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Arguing with Mavers.
(b) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(c) Lying drunk on the ground.
(d) Stealing bread from the inn.
3. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is goodlooking.
(c) He is good at his job.
(d) He is cold.
4. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(b) Concentrating on testimony.
(c) Understanding the method of death.
(d) Reading the evidence.
5. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Inspector Forrest.
(b) Sergeant Davies.
(c) Pastor Carfield.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
4. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)