|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(b) To be close to his cousin.
(c) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(d) To get away from killing.
3. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' butler.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' man of business.
(d) Harris' cousin.
4. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(b) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
(c) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(d) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(b) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(c) A type of pocket watch.
(d) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
2. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
3. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)