|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Lying drunk on the ground.
(b) Arguing with Mavers.
(c) Stealing bread from the inn.
(d) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
2. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kind and had no enemies.
(b) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(c) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(d) She thought he was annoying.
3. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(b) Colonel Harris.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
4. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To get away from killing.
(b) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(c) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(d) To be close to his cousin.
5. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a good soldier.
(b) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(c) He was an arrogant fool.
(d) He was a true proper English gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
2. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)