|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Scotland Yard?
(d) East Hampton.
2. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
3. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(b) Cut out letters.
4. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(b) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
5. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Pastor Carfield.
(b) Inspector Forrest.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
3. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
4. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
5. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)