|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a good soldier.
(b) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(c) He was a true proper English gentleman.
(d) He was an arrogant fool.
2. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(b) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(d) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' daughter.
(c) Harris' fiancee.
(d) Harris' ward.
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Lying drunk on the ground.
(b) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(c) Stealing bread from the inn.
(d) Arguing with Mavers.
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
3. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
4. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)