|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(c) Lettice Wood.
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) A family called Haldanes.
(d) A family called Warren.
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a good soldier.
(b) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(c) He was an arrogant fool.
(d) He was a true proper English gentleman.
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(b) A poor veteran of World War I.
(c) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(d) The husband of Lettice Wood.
5. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is goodlooking.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is good at his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Scotland Yard?
2. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
3. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
4. Who is Lettice Wood?
5. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)