|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(b) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(c) He is kind and had no enemies.
(d) She thought he was annoying.
2. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' daughter.
(c) Harris' ward.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
3. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He gives a list of names.
(b) He insists there are none.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' butler.
(b) Harris' man of business.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
2. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)