|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New machines designed to kill.
(b) New tanks.
(c) New machine guns.
(d) New plane motors.
2. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(b) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(c) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(d) Maggie Sommers and a child.
3. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
(b) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
(d) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) Weltonshire, England.
(c) East Hampton, England.
(d) Warwickshire, England.
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(b) Understanding the method of death.
(c) Reading the evidence.
(d) Concentrating on testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
2. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Scotland Yard?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)