|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
2. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(b) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(c) Murder victim.
(d) German soldier.
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' ward.
(b) Harris' daughter.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
4. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(b) He was a true proper English gentleman.
(c) He was a good soldier.
(d) He was an arrogant fool.
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a corn field.
(b) In a bedroom.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
2. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
4. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)