|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(b) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(c) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(d) A type of pocket watch.
2. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(c) Captain Mark Wilton.
(d) Colonel Harris.
3. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(b) To get away from killing.
(c) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(d) To be close to his cousin.
4. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
5. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(b) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
2. Who is Redfern?
3. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)