|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kind and had no enemies.
(b) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(c) She thought he was annoying.
(d) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
2. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(b) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(c) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(d) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
5. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's former fiancee.
(b) Wilton's sister.
(c) Wilton's mistress.
(d) Wilton's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
2. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
3. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)