|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a bedroom.
(b) In a dining room.
(c) In a corn field.
(d) In a meadow.
2. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' daughter.
(b) Harris' ward.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's cousin.
(b) Wilton's sister.
(c) Wilton's mistress.
(d) Wilton's former fiancee.
4. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
5. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(b) German soldier.
(c) Murder victim.
(d) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
3. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)