|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' daughter.
(c) Harris' fiancee.
(d) Harris' ward.
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' man of business.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' butler.
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) Weltonshire, England.
(c) East Hampton, England.
(d) Warwickshire, England.
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(b) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
(d) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What is the Victoria Cross?
5. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)