|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in Europe.
(b) Victory in the Pacific.
(c) Victoria Principal.
(d) Queen Victoria.
2. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
(b) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(c) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(d) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
3. Who is Sally Davenant?
(a) Wilton's cousin.
(b) Wilton's former fiancee.
(c) Wilton's sister.
(d) Wilton's mistress.
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(d) Cut out letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
5. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)