|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Lying drunk on the ground.
(b) Arguing with Mavers.
(c) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(d) Stealing bread from the inn.
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To get away from killing.
(c) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(d) To get away from the bustle of the city.
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(b) Lettice Wood.
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(b) A family called Warren.
(c) A family called Haldanes.
(d) Captain Wilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
3. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
4. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
5. Who is Sally Davenant?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)