|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(b) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(c) A type of pocket watch.
(d) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
2. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New machines designed to kill.
(b) New tanks.
(c) New machine guns.
(d) New plane motors.
3. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(c) To get away from killing.
(d) To get away from the bustle of the city.
4. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(c) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
3. Who is Colonel Harris?
4. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
5. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)