|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
2. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(b) Lettice Wood.
3. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in the Pacific.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Victory in Europe.
(d) Victoria Principal.
4. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' butler.
(c) Harris' best friend.
(d) Harris' man of business.
5. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(b) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(c) He is kind and had no enemies.
(d) She thought he was annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Colonel Harris?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
4. Who is Sally Davenant?
5. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)