Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
2. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
3. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
(b) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
(c) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(d) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from Upper Streetham.
(b) Someone from London.
(c) Someone from Germany.
(d) Someone from Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
2. Who is Laurence Royston?
3. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
4. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
5. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)