|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge realize he is lacking in Chapter 13 as to his list of suspects?
(c) A murder weapon.
(d) A motive.
2. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was an arrogant fool.
(b) He was a true proper English gentleman.
(c) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(d) He was a good soldier.
3. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(d) Cut out letters.
4. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
(a) She knows who committed the murder.
(b) She is the one who committed the murder.
(c) She does not know who committed the murder.
(d) She does not care who committed the murder.
5. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
(b) The meadow where the body was discovered.
(c) His hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
2. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
3. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Sally Davenant?
5. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)