|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
2. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A bicycle accident.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) A boating accident.
3. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
(b) To ask if she saw the murder.
(c) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(d) To ask her to dinner.
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) Her eyes are two different colors.
(b) Her nose is long and straight.
(c) She carries a book of spells.
(d) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
5. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)