|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' fiancee.
(b) Harris' ward.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' daughter.
2. With whom is Rutledge arguing at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Laurence Royston.
(c) Hamish McLeod.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. What does Rutledge want to know about Mavers' actions the morning of the murder?
(a) To learn which scholars he quotes in his speeches.
(b) To verify his alibi.
(c) To learn if he could have slipped away.
(d) To find out what he was saying about the murder victim.
4. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a gunshot to the breast.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a poison.
(d) With a shotgun blast to the face.
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Wealthy men.
(b) Working men.
(c) Men without titles.
(d) Men with titles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
2. Who seems to be the main topic of conversation in the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. Redfern did not want who treating him when he was in hospital during the war?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
5. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)