|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge want to know about Mavers' actions the morning of the murder?
(a) To verify his alibi.
(b) To learn if he could have slipped away.
(c) To find out what he was saying about the murder victim.
(d) To learn which scholars he quotes in his speeches.
2. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Maggie Sommers.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
3. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
(a) Go on a long vacation.
(b) Visit a hypnotist to help rid him of Hamish McLeod.
(c) Train a sergeant to help with his case load.
(d) Take early retirement.
4. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A coal miner.
(b) A village farmer's wife.
(c) The child of a local aristocrat.
(d) A woman of ill repute.
5. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from London.
(b) Someone from Germany.
(c) Someone from Paris.
(d) Someone from Upper Streetham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
2. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
3. What does Rutledge realize is the only evidence against Mark Wilton at the end of Chapter 14?
4. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
5. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)