|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rutledge go to speak to Wilton in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(b) Mrs. Davenant's.
(c) The Inn.
(d) The Haldanes.
2. How does Lizzie Pinter react in Chapter 14 when Rutledge shows her the doll he found in an earlier chapter?
(a) She screams.
(b) She tells about seeing a dead body.
(c) She hugs Rutledge.
(d) She laughs.
3. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
(a) He always chooses the wrong woman.
(b) He fatalistically falls for women he cannot have.
(c) He has lovely taste in women.
(d) He could not have chosen a more devoted woman than Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
4. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
5. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)