|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a coal miner.
(b) He is a sheep herdsman.
(c) He is a groom.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(b) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(c) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(d) Maggie Sommers and a child.
3. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In the meadow where the body was found.
(b) In the village square.
(c) In front of Helena Sommers house.
(d) In the lane.
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is goodlooking.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is good at his job.
5. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
(a) They have a murder weapon but no susects.
(b) They will solve the case within a few days.
(c) They need more time to be sure of the murderer.
(d) He has no clue who committed the murder and will more than likely declare it to be persons unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
2. Where is Scotland Yard?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
4. What does Lettice Wood accuse Rutledge of doing during their interview at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)