|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is shy and reserved.
(b) She is outgoing and confident.
(c) She is ugly and unpleasant.
(d) She is promiscuous and flirty.
2. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
(b) The meadow where the body was discovered.
(c) His hotel room.
3. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
4. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
5. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
(a) Harris walked with her in the garden immediately afterward.
(b) Lettice Wood told him it was not serious.
(c) Lettice Wood was happy a few days later.
(d) Harris told him it was just a lover's tiff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
2. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
3. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
5. Who is Colonel Harris?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)