|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lizzie Pinter react to the sight of her father in Chapter 14?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is joyful.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She screams.
2. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She carries a book of spells.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) Her nose is long and straight.
(d) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
3. For whom does Catherine Tarrant beg Rutledge to be sure of the evidence in Chapter 17?
4. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Miss Wood's maid.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' father.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Warren ask Rutledge to come with him to meet at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What is Catherine Tarrant's main motive as revealed by her own thoughts in Chapter 17?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
5. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)