|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
(a) Mavers' motive for murder.
(b) Catherine Tarrant's grudge against herself and her guardian.
(c) Wilton's motive for murder.
(d) Her final evening with her guardian.
2. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) Maggie Sommers.
(b) Laurence Royston.
(c) Rev. Carfield.
(d) Dr. Warren.
3. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Pastor Carfield.
(b) Sergeant Davies.
(c) Inspector Forrest.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
4. Who is Agnes Farrell?
(a) Grandmother to Lettice Wood.
(b) Grandmother to Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Grandmother to Lizzie Pinter.
(d) Grandmother to Helena Sommers.
5. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
(a) That he should look elsewhere for the killer.
(b) That he is progressing faster than expected.
(c) That he should look closely at Wilton.
(d) That he is slow in solving it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers tell Rutledge has arranged a car to take her to the funeral?
2. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
3. What does Lettice Wood accuse Rutledge of doing during their interview at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
5. What does Rutledge realize he is lacking in Chapter 13 as to his list of suspects?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)