|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
(a) A chance to bury him with the rosary he held so dear.
(b) A chance to give him one last kiss.
(c) A chance to say goodbye.
(d) A chance to lay a rose with his body.
2. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
3. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
4. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
5. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Dr. Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Helena Sommers tell Rutledge has arranged a car to take her to the funeral?
4. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
5. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)