|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Warwickshire, England.
(b) Weltonshire, England.
(c) York, England.
(d) East Hampton, England.
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) A family called Haldanes.
(c) Colonel Harris.
(d) A family called Warren.
3. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
(a) That he should look elsewhere for the killer.
(b) That he should look closely at Wilton.
(c) That he is slow in solving it.
(d) That he is progressing faster than expected.
4. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Inspector Forrest.
(b) Pastor Carfield.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
5. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
(a) His trustworthy reputation.
(b) His admission of having disliked Harris.
(c) His honest confession of love.
(d) His appearance at Mallow and concern for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What does Wilton continuously refuse to answer each time Rutledge asks?
3. Who does Mavers wait to speak with after the church services in Chapter 15?
4. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
5. For whom does Catherine Tarrant beg Rutledge to be sure of the evidence in Chapter 17?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)