|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
(a) Wilton's motive for murder.
(b) Mavers' motive for murder.
(c) Catherine Tarrant's grudge against herself and her guardian.
(d) Her final evening with her guardian.
2. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(b) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(c) She thought he was annoying.
(d) He is kind and had no enemies.
3. What is a pension?
(a) Payment for war veterans.
(b) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(c) Payment for services rendered.
(d) Insurance payments.
4. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
5. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motive does Wilton have for murdering Harris?
2. What does Rutledge want to know about Mavers' actions the morning of the murder?
3. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
4. What is Catherine Tarrant's main motive as revealed by her own thoughts in Chapter 17?
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)