|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
2. Who does Rutledge ask for an opinion about the murder case in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) Dr. Warren.
3. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Harrises.
(b) The Davenants.
(c) The Haldanes.
(d) The Warrens.
4. Who objects loudly to Rutledge's decision to postpone arresting Wilton?
(b) Hamish McLeod.
5. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In the lane.
(b) In front of Helena Sommers house.
(c) In the meadow where the body was found.
(d) In the village square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Rutledge think about as he studies a portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
3. To whom does a witness claim Catherine Tarrant gave money after the murder?
4. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)