|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
2. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(b) Murder victim.
(c) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(d) German soldier.
3. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To protect Rutledge.
(b) To avoid gossip.
(c) To protect Wilton.
(d) To hide her true feelings.
4. Who does Rutledge go to check on in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(c) Lizzie Pinter.
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. With whom is Rutledge arguing at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Hamish McLeod.
(b) Laurence Royston.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mark Wilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
2. What is a pension?
3. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
4. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
5. Who seems to be the main topic of conversation in the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)