|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the item Rutledge finds in the meadow in Chapter 12 tell Rutledge?
(a) That Wilton was truthful about his activities that day and there might be another witness.
(b) Wilton lied and he must be the killer.
(c) Wilton lied about seeing Helena Sommers the morning of the murder.
(d) Wilton told the truth about who he saw the morning of the murder, but where he saw them.
2. What has Captain Wilton been doing with his time over the last few days of the investigation as has been revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) Arranging the difficult funeral for a headless corpse.
(b) Keeping his cousin from a nervous breakdown.
(c) Cancelling his wedding plans.
(d) Attending numerous will readings for the murdered man.
3. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) Rev. Carfield.
(b) Dr. Warren.
(c) Maggie Sommers.
(d) Laurence Royston.
4. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
5. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
3. What does Rutledge dream of doing when this case is over as discussed in Chapter 13?
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
5. Rutledge returns to the meadow in Chapter 12 and finds what object?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)