|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
(b) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
(c) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(d) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
3. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
(a) He tried to kill Rutledge.
(b) Refused to follow a direct order.
(c) Refused to leave the battlefield.
(d) He killed another soldier in their squad.
4. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
(d) His sister.
5. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
(a) They did not agree on the budget for the wedding.
(b) They were lovers.
(c) They were in disagreement over Lettice's marriage to Wilton.
(d) They did not like one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
2. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
3. To whom does a witness claim Catherine Tarrant gave money after the murder?
4. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
5. Who is Redfern?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)