|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
2. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He insists there are none.
(c) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
(d) He gives a list of names.
3. Who does Rutledge learn in Chapter 14 features prominently in Mavers' speeches?
(a) The German Dictator.
(b) The American President.
(c) The Russian Czar.
(d) The King of England.
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
5. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
(a) A medal.
(b) A promotion.
(c) His resignation.
(d) A raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
2. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
3. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
4. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
5. Where is Scotland Yard?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)