|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
2. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a gunshot to the breast.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(d) With a knife.
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(a) Cut out letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Scotland Yard?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)