|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
2. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
3. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Miss Wood's maid.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
5. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
(a) Victory in Europe.
(b) Victory in the Pacific.
(c) Victoria Principal.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Scotland Yard?
2. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
3. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)