|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He insists there are none.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He gives a list of names.
(d) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(b) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(c) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(d) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
4. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Inspector Forrest.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Captain Wilton.
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Men with titles.
(b) Men without titles.
(c) Working men.
(d) Wealthy men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sally Davenant?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
3. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
4. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
5. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)