|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(b) To get away from killing.
(c) To be close to his cousin.
(d) To be closer to his former fiancee.
2. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
(b) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(c) Murder victim.
(d) German soldier.
4. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(b) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(c) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(d) He is simply annoying.
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(b) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(c) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(d) A type of pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Colonel Harris?
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)