|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(b) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(c) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(d) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
4. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Mr. Davenant.
(c) Inspector Forrest.
(d) Captain Wilton.
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
(a) In a corn field.
(b) In a dining room.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
2. Who or what was the Victoria Cross named for?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
5. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)