|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a gunshot to the breast.
2. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Stealing bread from the inn.
(b) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(c) Lying drunk on the ground.
(d) Arguing with Mavers.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' mother.
(d) Mavers' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Sally Davenant?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
4. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
5. Where is Scotland Yard?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)