|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A village farmer's wife.
(b) The child of a local aristocrat.
(c) A woman of ill repute.
(d) A coal miner.
3. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) A poor veteran of World War I.
(b) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(c) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
(d) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)