|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(b) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(c) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(d) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' father.
(d) Mavers' sister.
4. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
2. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
4. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)