|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(b) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
(c) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(d) A type of pocket watch.
2. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Warwickshire, England.
(b) Weltonshire, England.
(c) East Hampton, England.
(d) York, England.
4. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their emotions.
(b) Their testimony.
(c) Their thoughts.
(d) Their lifestyles.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
2. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
3. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
5. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)