|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(b) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(c) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(d) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(b) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(c) The person would rather work in the fields.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
3. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(b) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(c) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(d) He is simply annoying.
4. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
5. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He insists there are none.
(d) He gives a list of names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
4. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)