|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
2. Who is Redfern?
(a) The ward of the murder victim.
(b) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
(c) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
(d) Rutledge's assistant.
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' cousin.
(d) Mavers' brother.
5. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
2. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
5. What is the point of view of this novel?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)