|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(b) He is simply annoying.
(c) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(d) He insulted Colonel Harris.
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be close to his cousin.
(b) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(c) To get away from killing.
(d) To get away from the bustle of the city.
5. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
2. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
3. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
4. What is the Victoria Cross?
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)