|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' ward.
(b) Harris' cousin.
(c) Harris' daughter.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
2. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New machines designed to kill.
(b) New machine guns.
(c) New tanks.
(d) New plane motors.
3. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(b) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
(c) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
(d) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
5. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
3. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
4. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
5. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)