|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
3. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(b) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(c) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(d) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
4. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New plane motors.
(b) New machine guns.
(c) New tanks.
(d) New machines designed to kill.
5. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
2. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
3. Who is Colonel Harris?
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
5. Who is Laurence Royston?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)