|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A coal miner.
(b) A village farmer's wife.
(c) A woman of ill repute.
(d) The child of a local aristocrat.
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
(a) New tanks.
(b) New machines designed to kill.
(c) New machine guns.
(d) New plane motors.
4. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
5. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(b) He is simply annoying.
(c) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(d) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
2. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
4. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
5. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)