|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Inspector Forrest.
(b) Pastor Carfield.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
2. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
3. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their thoughts.
(b) Their testimony.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their lifestyles.
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(b) A type of pocket watch.
(c) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(d) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
2. What emotion is uppermost in the murder victim's mind when he realizes he is dying?
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
4. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)