|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(b) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
(c) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
(d) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
3. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
4. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
(a) A type of pocket watch.
(b) The highest military honor presented to British soldiers.
(c) An award given to pilots in World War I.
(d) A memorial placed in a cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
2. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
3. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
4. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
5. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)