|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(b) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(c) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(d) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
2. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
3. What has Bowles received that causes him some pleasure when it comes to dealing with Rutledge?
(a) A letter describing Rutledge's mental instability after the war.
(b) A letter describing Rutledge's incompentency as an inspector.
(c) A letter discussing Rutledge's resignation from Scotland Yard.
(d) A letter discussing Rutledge's promotion at Scotland Yard.
4. Who is Colonel Harris?
(a) The husband of Lettice Wood.
(b) A supervisor at Scotland Yard.
(c) A poor veteran of World War I.
(d) A wealthy gentleman who is murdered.
5. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Mrs. Davanent.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Helena Sommers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
3. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
4. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
5. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)