|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davies say is a spineless coward in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a gunshot to the breast.
(b) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a poison.
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) Warwickshire, England.
(b) York, England.
(c) Weltonshire, England.
(d) East Hampton, England.
5. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
(a) He was a murder waiting to happen.
(b) He was a good soldier.
(c) He was a true proper English gentleman.
(d) He was an arrogant fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sally Davenant?
2. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. Where is Scotland Yard?
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)