|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(d) Captain Mark Wilton.
2. Who is Redfern?
(a) The nephew of Catherine Tarrant, a mentally disturbed teen.
(b) The ward of the murder victim.
(c) The nephew of the innkeeper, an injured former soldier.
(d) Rutledge's assistant.
3. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(a) Lettice Wood.
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A canister of poison.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
5. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He gives a list of names.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He insists there are none.
(d) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
2. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
4. Who is Ian Rutledge?
5. Who is Laurence Royston?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)