|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) Warwickshire, England.
(c) East Hampton, England.
(d) Weltonshire, England.
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
(a) He insists there are none.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He gives a list of names.
(d) He refers Rutledge to Lettice Wood.
4. Who is Ian Rutledge?
(a) Inspector for Scotland Yard.
(b) German soldier.
(c) Murder victim.
(d) Supervisor for Scotland Yard.
5. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
(a) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Harris?
2. Who is Lettice Wood?
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
4. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)