|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
(b) He cannot understand the women in the case.
(c) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
(d) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
2. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goose.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pig.
3. Who remains Rutledge's prime suspect in the investigation as Chapter 12 draws to a close?
4. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those who never saw battle.
(b) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
(c) Those who lost family members.
(d) Those with physical injuries.
5. What is an inquest?
(a) A murder investigation.
(b) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
(c) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
(d) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
2. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
4. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)