|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an inquest?
(a) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
(b) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
(c) A murder investigation.
(d) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
2. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
3. What does Rutledge have trouble picturing when he returns to the meadow where the murder victim was discovered?
(a) Signs of a struggle.
(b) Possible location of a witness.
(c) The sequence of events.
(d) The marks of the bullet's path.
4. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A coal miner.
(b) A village farmer's wife.
(c) The child of a local aristocrat.
(d) A woman of ill repute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
3. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
4. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
5. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)