|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
(a) When they know they have justice on their side.
(b) When they have all they ever wanted.
(c) When they have nothing to lose.
(d) When they have all the money they could need.
2. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
(c) Lettice Wood.
4. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their emotions.
(b) Their thoughts.
(c) Their lifestyles.
(d) Their testimony.
5. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Sergeant Davies.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Dr. Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
2. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
4. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
5. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)