|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' cousin.
(b) Harris' best friend.
(c) Harris' man of business.
(d) Harris' butler.
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
(a) He killed another soldier in their squad.
(b) Refused to leave the battlefield.
(c) Refused to follow a direct order.
(d) He tried to kill Rutledge.
5. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Concentrating on testimony.
(b) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(c) Understanding the method of death.
(d) Reading the evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
2. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
3. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
4. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)