|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
2. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Inspector Forrest.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Captain Wilton.
3. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Stealing bread from the inn.
(b) Directing traffic as though he is still in France.
(c) Arguing with Mavers.
(d) Lying drunk on the ground.
4. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
5. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(b) Persons unknown.
(d) Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
2. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
3. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
4. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)