|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) A family called Haldanes.
(d) A family called Warren.
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Lettice Wood.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' mother.
(d) Mavers' father.
5. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(b) Rheumatic fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Forrest believe is the source of Mavers' pension?
3. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
4. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
5. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)