|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(b) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
(c) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(d) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
2. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Sergeant Davies.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mark Wilton.
3. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
4. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She will not answer his questions.
(b) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
(c) She reminds him of his mother.
(d) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
5. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
(b) Those who lost family members.
(c) Those who never saw battle.
(d) Those with physical injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Agnes Farrell?
3. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
4. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
5. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)