|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(b) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(c) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(d) He is simply annoying.
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was preoccupied.
(b) He was very, very happy.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was unsatisfied with life.
4. What illness does Rutledge learn Hickam suffers in Chapter 7?
(a) Liver disease.
(b) Kidney disease.
(c) A head injury.
(d) Alcohol poisoning.
5. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a sheep herdsman.
(b) He is a coal miner.
(c) He is a groom.
(d) He is a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rutledge calm Lettice Wood after insulting her by implying she had a hand in the murder?
2. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
3. Who does Rutledge discover Tarrant really is when he goes to see her in Chapter 8?
4. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
5. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)