|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Working men.
(b) Men with titles.
(c) Men without titles.
(d) Wealthy men.
2. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
(a) Sergeant Davies.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Mark Wilton.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Rutledge returns to the meadow in Chapter 12 and finds what object?
(a) A doll.
(b) A horse's bridle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Rutledge realize about Lettice Wood that causes Hamish to talk to him about witches?
(a) She wears a pentacle around her neck.
(b) Her eyes are two different colors.
(c) Her nose is long and straight.
(d) She carries a book of spells.
5. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(c) Persons unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
4. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
5. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)