|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To protect Rutledge.
(b) To protect Wilton.
(c) To avoid gossip.
(d) To hide her true feelings.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' best friend.
(b) Harris' butler.
(c) Harris' man of business.
(d) Harris' cousin.
4. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was unsatisfied with life.
(b) He was very, very happy.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was preoccupied.
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) A family called Warren.
(b) Colonel Harris.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) A family called Haldanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
2. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
3. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)