|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goose.
(c) A pig.
(d) A dog.
2. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Dr. Warren.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Mark Wilton.
(d) Sergeant Davies.
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A canister of poison.
5. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) A family called Haldanes.
(b) Captain Wilton.
(c) Colonel Harris.
(d) A family called Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
2. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)