|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' mother.
2. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
3. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Mrs. Davanent.
4. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
(a) Wilton often visits her. She is known to influence his behavior.
(b) Wilton often visits her. She can offer an alibi for the day of the murder.
(c) Wilton lives with her. She can report on his actions the day of the murder.
(d) Wilton lives with her. She can keep him under supervision during the investigation.
5. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
(a) He always chooses the wrong woman.
(b) He has lovely taste in women.
(c) He fatalistically falls for women he cannot have.
(d) He could not have chosen a more devoted woman than Lettice Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image has been in Lettice Wood's head since learning of her guardian's violent death?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. Rutledge returns to the meadow in Chapter 12 and finds what object?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
5. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)