|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Mavers' father?
2. For whom did Mavers' father work?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Mr. Davenant.
(c) The Haldanes.
(d) Colonel Harris.
3. What is an inquest?
(a) A murder investigation.
(b) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
(c) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
(d) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
4. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(b) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(c) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(d) The person would rather work in the fields.
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
4. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
5. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)