|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
(b) Persons unknown.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Concentrating on testimony.
(b) Understanding the method of death.
(c) Reading the evidence.
(d) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
3. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask her to dinner.
(b) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
(c) To ask if she saw the murder.
(d) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
4. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(d) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
5. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
2. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
3. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
4. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
5. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)