|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Helena Sommers.
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their lifestyles.
(b) Their emotions.
(c) Their testimony.
(d) Their thoughts.
3. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
4. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
(a) His resignation.
(b) A raise.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A medal.
5. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
(a) A boating accident.
(b) A bicycle accident.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A plane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
2. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
4. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
5. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)