|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows impatience in Chapter 7 to clear the murder investigation?
2. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She is shy and reserved.
(b) She is outgoing and confident.
(c) She is promiscuous and flirty.
(d) She is ugly and unpleasant.
3. What is an inquest?
(a) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
(b) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
(c) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
(d) A murder investigation.
4. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Wealthy men.
(b) Men without titles.
(c) Men with titles.
(d) Working men.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' sister.
(c) Mavers' father.
(d) Mavers' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
2. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
3. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
4. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
5. What is Mrs. Davenant's opinion of the relationship between Catherine Tarrant and Rolf Linden?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)