|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kind and had no enemies.
(b) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(c) She thought he was annoying.
(d) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
2. What type of accident is Royston in that forces him to borrow money from Harris to make it right?
(a) A bicycle accident.
(b) A boating accident.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A plane crash.
3. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) A pig.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goose.
4. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a coal miner.
(c) He is a groom.
(d) He is a sheep herdsman.
5. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilton react when Rutledge asks if there were rivals for Lettice Wood's affection?
2. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
3. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
4. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)