|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the body of the murder victim?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(b) To get away from the bustle of the city.
(c) To get away from killing.
(d) To be close to his cousin.
3. Why does Rutledge become angry in Chapter 7 while talking with Lettice Wood?
(a) She is more courageous than his former fiancee Jean.
(b) She will not answer his questions.
(c) She is beautiful but he can never have her.
(d) She reminds him of his mother.
4. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Davenants.
(b) The Harrises.
(c) The Warrens.
(d) The Haldanes.
5. What does Mrs. Davenant say about Wilton's choice in women?
(a) He fatalistically falls for women he cannot have.
(b) He could not have chosen a more devoted woman than Lettice Wood.
(c) He always chooses the wrong woman.
(d) He has lovely taste in women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is guarding the Sommers home when Rutledge arrives in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
3. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
4. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
5. Who does Lettice Wood remind Rutledge of?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)