|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Dr. Warren.
(d) Sergeant Davies.
2. What does the item Rutledge finds in the meadow in Chapter 12 tell Rutledge?
(a) Wilton lied and he must be the killer.
(b) Wilton told the truth about who he saw the morning of the murder, but where he saw them.
(c) That Wilton was truthful about his activities that day and there might be another witness.
(d) Wilton lied about seeing Helena Sommers the morning of the murder.
3. What does Rutledge ask Lettice Wood to go over with him one last time in Chapter 12?
(a) Her final evening with her guardian.
(b) Wilton's motive for murder.
(c) Catherine Tarrant's grudge against herself and her guardian.
(d) Mavers' motive for murder.
4. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
(a) She is surprisingly kind.
(b) She is surprisingly cruel.
(c) She is callous and cold.
(d) She is indifferent.
5. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
2. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
3. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
4. Who answers the door when Rutledge arrives at Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)