|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Catherine Tarrant claim a person never knows fear?
(a) When they know they have justice on their side.
(b) When they have all the money they could need.
(c) When they have nothing to lose.
(d) When they have all they ever wanted.
2. What does the item Rutledge finds in the meadow in Chapter 12 tell Rutledge?
(a) Wilton lied about seeing Helena Sommers the morning of the murder.
(b) That Wilton was truthful about his activities that day and there might be another witness.
(c) Wilton told the truth about who he saw the morning of the murder, but where he saw them.
(d) Wilton lied and he must be the killer.
3. What motive does Lettice Wood suggest Catherine Tarrant might have had to kill the murder victim?
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' cousin.
(d) Mavers' sister.
5. Why does Lettice Wood lie to her maid about her crying jag in Chapter 9?
(a) To avoid gossip.
(b) To protect Wilton.
(c) To protect Rutledge.
(d) To hide her true feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
2. Who first mentions Mavers to Rutledge while he is doing interviews?
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
4. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
5. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)