|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
(b) She thought he was annoying.
(c) He is kind and had no enemies.
(d) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
2. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a groom.
(b) He is a sheep herdsman.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. Who does the doctor tell Rutledge the town is about to lynch at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Lettice Wood.
4. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
5. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from London.
(b) Someone from Germany.
(c) Someone from Paris.
(d) Someone from Upper Streetham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
2. Who remains Rutledge's prime suspect in the investigation as Chapter 12 draws to a close?
3. What does Lettice Wood say about Rutledge's progress with the investigation in chapter 12?
4. What is Mrs. Davenant's opinion of the relationship between Catherine Tarrant and Rolf Linden?
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)