|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a pension?
(a) Insurance payments.
(b) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(c) Payment for services rendered.
(d) Payment for war veterans.
2. Who is the one character Rutledge most wants to interrogate in the murder investigation?
3. What does Lettice Wood claim was taken from her by the refusal to allow her to see her guardian's body one last time?
(a) A chance to bury him with the rosary he held so dear.
(b) A chance to lay a rose with his body.
(c) A chance to say goodbye.
(d) A chance to give him one last kiss.
4. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) Colonel Harris.
(b) A family called Haldanes.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) A family called Warren.
5. What does the item Rutledge finds in the meadow in Chapter 12 tell Rutledge?
(a) Wilton lied and he must be the killer.
(b) Wilton lied about seeing Helena Sommers the morning of the murder.
(c) That Wilton was truthful about his activities that day and there might be another witness.
(d) Wilton told the truth about who he saw the morning of the murder, but where he saw them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
4. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
5. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)