|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Dr. Warren.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
2. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
(b) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
(c) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(d) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
3. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those who lost family members.
(b) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
(c) Those with physical injuries.
(d) Those who never saw battle.
4. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
(a) He becomes distraught and quickly leaves.
(b) He is joyous and filled with laughter.
(c) He becomes angry and insults everyone.
(d) He is content enough to watch the interaction of the villagers for a brief time.
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood accuse Rutledge of doing during their interview at the end of Chapter 16?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)