|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Mark Wilton.
(c) Sergeant Davies.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their testimony.
(b) Their lifestyles.
(c) Their thoughts.
(d) Their emotions.
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' father.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
4. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those who never saw battle.
(b) Those who lost family members.
(c) Those with physical injuries.
(d) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
5. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(b) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(c) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(d) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
2. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Rutledge often go to church while investigating a murder?
5. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)