|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from Upper Streetham.
(b) Someone from Germany.
(c) Someone from London.
(d) Someone from Paris.
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their testimony.
(b) Their thoughts.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their lifestyles.
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' father.
(d) Mavers' mother.
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
(a) A village farmer's wife.
(b) A woman of ill repute.
(c) The child of a local aristocrat.
(d) A coal miner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
2. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
3. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
4. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)