|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Lettice Wood.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Maggie Sommers.
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
3. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' cousin.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
4. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
5. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)