|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(d) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
3. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
(a) The meadow where the body was discovered.
(b) His hotel room.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
5. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He believes the traumatized child saw the real killer and it was not Wilton.
(b) He believes Dr. Warren had more motive.
(c) He believes he is missing something.
(d) He believes Mavers is guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
2. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
5. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)