|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is surprisingly cruel.
(c) She is surprisingly kind.
(d) She is callous and cold.
2. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
(a) They did not agree on the budget for the wedding.
(b) They were in disagreement over Lettice's marriage to Wilton.
(c) They did not like one another.
(d) They were lovers.
3. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Maggie Sommers.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
4. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a coal miner.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a sheep herdsman.
(d) He is a groom.
5. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
(a) Why would Harris call off her wedding?
(b) Who murdered Harris?
(c) What did Harris think of Wilton?
(d) What did Wilton know about Harris' business deals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
2. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
3. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
4. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
5. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)