|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Inspector Forrest.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Captain Wilton.
2. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
3. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
(a) Lettice Wood told him it was not serious.
(b) Harris walked with her in the garden immediately afterward.
(c) Harris told him it was just a lover's tiff.
(d) Lettice Wood was happy a few days later.
4. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Mrs. Davanent.
(d) Lettice Wood.
5. What class of people does Mavers claim are oppressed in Chapter 5?
(a) Wealthy men.
(b) Men without titles.
(c) Men with titles.
(d) Working men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
2. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
5. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)