|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Mark Wilton.
(b) Dr. Warren.
(c) Catherine Tarrant.
(d) Sergeant Davies.
2. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
3. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
(a) The sin of murder.
(c) Making the best of one's short life.
(d) Coveting your neighbor.
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Warrens.
(b) The Haldanes.
(c) The Harrises.
(d) The Davenants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
2. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
3. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
4. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
5. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)