|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
(b) He cannot understand the women in the case.
(c) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
(d) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
2. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Inspector Forrest.
(d) Mr. Davenant.
3. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
4. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(b) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(c) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(d) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
5. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
4. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
5. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)