|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
(b) His hotel room.
(c) The meadow where the body was discovered.
2. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
3. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
(a) His appearance at Mallow and concern for her.
(b) His honest confession of love.
(c) His admission of having disliked Harris.
(d) His trustworthy reputation.
4. What is a pension?
(a) Payment for services rendered.
(b) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(c) Payment for war veterans.
(d) Insurance payments.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' brother.
(c) Mavers' mother.
(d) Mavers' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
4. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)