|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
(a) Harris told him it was just a lover's tiff.
(b) Lettice Wood told him it was not serious.
(c) Harris walked with her in the garden immediately afterward.
(d) Lettice Wood was happy a few days later.
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a sheep herdsman.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is a groom.
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
(a) His honest confession of love.
(b) His admission of having disliked Harris.
(c) His appearance at Mallow and concern for her.
(d) His trustworthy reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
2. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
3. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
4. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
5. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)