|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rutledge find himself forced to shoot McLeod after he faced the firing squad?
(a) The firing squad chickened out in killing McLeod.
(b) McLeod managed to escape the firing squad.
(c) The firing squad failed to kill McLeod.
(d) McLeod asked for Rutledge to fire the fatal shot.
2. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(b) The person would rather work in the fields.
(c) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
(d) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
3. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A canister of poison.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
5. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Warrens.
(b) The Davenants.
(c) The Haldanes.
(d) The Harrises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Rutledge often go to church while investigating a murder?
3. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
4. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
5. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)