|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
(a) Coveting your neighbor.
(b) Making the best of one's short life.
(c) The sin of murder.
2. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
(a) He becomes angry and insults everyone.
(b) He is joyous and filled with laughter.
(c) He is content enough to watch the interaction of the villagers for a brief time.
(d) He becomes distraught and quickly leaves.
3. What is a pension?
(a) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(b) Payment for war veterans.
(c) Payment for services rendered.
(d) Insurance payments.
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Maggie Sommers.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Catherine Tarrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Who does Mavers wait to speak with after the church services in Chapter 15?
3. What does Rutledge tell Bowles when he calls from Scotland Yard in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
5. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)