|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
(b) He cannot understand the women in the case.
(c) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
(d) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
2. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
3. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
(a) He dislikes him.
(b) He thinks he is guilty.
(c) He has to arrest someone.
(d) He has no alternative.
4. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
(a) What did Harris think of Wilton?
(b) Why would Harris call off her wedding?
(c) What did Wilton know about Harris' business deals?
(d) Who murdered Harris?
5. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
(a) He is content enough to watch the interaction of the villagers for a brief time.
(b) He becomes distraught and quickly leaves.
(c) He is joyous and filled with laughter.
(d) He becomes angry and insults everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge resolve at the end of Chapter 10 to learn more about?
2. What is a pension?
3. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)