|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
(a) He thinks he is guilty.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He has no alternative.
(d) He has to arrest someone.
2. What about the suspects does Rutledge have trouble identifying with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Their thoughts.
(b) Their lifestyles.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their testimony.
3. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
(b) References to non-existent people.
(c) References to the war.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' sister.
(d) Mavers' father.
5. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge say London gave him in the aftermath of the debacle with McLeod?
2. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
3. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
4. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
5. What does Lettice Wood accuse Rutledge of doing during their interview at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)