|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
(b) References to non-existent people.
(c) References to the war.
2. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) Inspector Forrest.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
(d) Mr. Davenant.
3. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
(a) The Harrises.
(b) The Davenants.
(c) The Warrens.
(d) The Haldanes.
4. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
5. What is a pension?
(a) Payment for services rendered.
(b) Insurance payments.
(c) Payment for those who are no longer earning a regular income from employment.
(d) Payment for war veterans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
2. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
3. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
4. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
5. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)