|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Maggie Sommers.
2. Who is Catherine Tarrant searching for at the beginning of chapter 6?
3. Who does Rutledge tell Lettice Wood he plans to arrest at the end of Chapter 16?
4. Who does Forrest suggest it was that told the town of Catherine Tarrant's love affair with a German during the war?
5. Why did a mob try to lynch Mavers in Chapter 5?
(a) He insulted Colonel Harris.
(b) He insisted that Germans are our friends.
(c) He claimed Wilton killed the murder victim.
(d) He is simply annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
3. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)