|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from Upper Streetham.
(b) Someone from London.
(c) Someone from Paris.
(d) Someone from Germany.
2. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A canister of poison.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A knife.
3. What causes Hickam's testimony to be confusing as Rutledge is finally able to interrogate him in Chapter 15?
(b) References to non-existent people.
(c) References to the war.
4. Who does Mavers wait to speak with after the church services in Chapter 15?
(b) Lettice Wood.
(c) Mrs. Davenant.
5. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' cousin.
(b) Mavers' sister.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
2. Where does Rutledge hide out in Chapter 16 in order to review the evidence in the case one more time?
3. What question does Rutledge repeatedly ask Lettice Wood that she refuses to answer?
4. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
5. How does Mavers react to the conversation he has in the church yard after services in Chapter 15?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)