|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Catherine Tarrant receive when she asks a person in Chapter 6 to model for a painting?
(a) The person would rather work in the fields.
(b) The person would like to but her parents would not approve.
(c) The person would like to but is afraid of public scandal.
(d) The person would rather starve than take money from Tarrant.
2. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
(a) Making the best of one's short life.
(b) Coveting your neighbor.
(c) The sin of murder.
3. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(b) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
(c) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(d) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
4. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
5. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Sergeant Davies.
(c) Mark Wilton.
(d) Dr. Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettice Wood accuse Rutledge of doing during their interview at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
5. What makes Lettice Wood decide Mark Wilton could not have killed her guardian?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)