|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What label was Mavers given, as described in Chapter 5, that he chose to live up to?
2. Why does Rutledge continue to hesitate to arrest Wilton at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He believes he is missing something.
(b) He believes Mavers is guilty.
(c) He believes Dr. Warren had more motive.
(d) He believes the traumatized child saw the real killer and it was not Wilton.
3. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from Paris.
(b) Someone from Germany.
(c) Someone from London.
(d) Someone from Upper Streetham.
4. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
5. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
(a) He will never have so many women fight for his affections.
(b) He will never have a woman like Lettice Wood.
(c) He cannot separate himself from the women in the case.
(d) He cannot understand the women in the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
2. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
3. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
4. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Rutledge learn he saw sitting in the garden while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)