|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died of drowning?
(a) Mavers' brother.
(b) Mavers' father.
(c) Mavers' mother.
(d) Mavers' sister.
2. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Helena Sommers.
(b) Catherine Tarrant.
(c) Lettice Wood.
(d) Mrs. Davanent.
3. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from Paris.
(b) Someone from London.
(c) Someone from Germany.
(d) Someone from Upper Streetham.
4. What does Carfield preach about in Chapter 15?
(a) The sin of murder.
(b) Coveting your neighbor.
(c) Making the best of one's short life.
5. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A canister of poison.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
2. Who does Mavers ask to leave while speaking with Rutledge so that he might speak openly without fear of judgment?
3. Who, as revealed in Chapter 10, is receiving a pension from an unknown source?
4. What does Rutledge learn is the reason for Mavers' strong reaction to a conversation after church services in Chapter 15?
5. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)