|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
2. Why is Rutledge so determined to arrest Mark Wilton?
(a) He has no alternative.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He thinks he is guilty.
(d) He has to arrest someone.
3. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
4. What is implied by the fight that Harris and Lettice had in the inn before Harris' death?
(a) They were lovers.
(b) They did not like one another.
(c) They did not agree on the budget for the wedding.
(d) They were in disagreement over Lettice's marriage to Wilton.
5. Which veterans of the war does Wilton suggest are the worst off?
(a) Those with physical injuries.
(b) Those with mental instability who do not know the war is over.
(c) Those who never saw battle.
(d) Those who lost family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, as described in Chapter 5, prevented Mavers from joining the Army at the beginning of World War I?
2. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
4. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
5. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)