One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mavers wait to speak with after the church services in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Davenant.
(b) Lettice Wood.
2. What motive does Wilton have for murdering Harris?
(a) A title.
(d) Lettice Wood.
3. Why does Redfern tell Rutledge he believes a fight between Harris and Refern the Tuesday before the murder could not have been terribly serious?
(a) Lettice Wood was happy a few days later.
(b) Harris told him it was just a lover's tiff.
(c) Lettice Wood told him it was not serious.
(d) Harris walked with her in the garden immediately afterward.
4. Who, as described in Chapter 5, died in the Boer War?
(a) Mavers' sister.
(b) Mavers' cousin.
(c) Mavers' brother.
(d) Mavers' father.
5. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) Inspector Forrest.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Mrs. Davenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hamish McLeod refuse to do that caused Rutledge to send him to stand before the firing squad during World War I?
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
3. Who arrives at Mallows while Rutledge is still in the company of Lettice Wood in Chapter 9?
4. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
5. For whom does Ted Pinter work?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)