|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
(b) New apartment
(d) Fancy house
2. Whose car does Jeff see when he is coming home ten days before school lets out?
(b) The Professor's
3. Sammy tells Jeff that Sammy's mother was more than just one _______________.
(a) Bad thing
4. James tells Jeff that Dicey knows how to __________ and did it frequently on their trip after their mother was put in the hospital.
(a) Run away
(d) Be angry
5. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ enjoys watching the herons and playing the guitar, content finally in his solitude.
2. ____________ tells Jeff he worries he might be losing touch with Jeff again.
3. Where did Dicey and her siblings travel from when their mother was put into a hospital?
4. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
5. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeff realize about Dicey when Dicey's mother dies?
2. What does Wilhemina tell Jeff about the Tillerman family and how they arrived at their current home?
3. Why does Jeff suddenly feel that his life is rich at the start of this chapter?
4. Why does Jeff decide to stay instead of running away from Melody as she sits on the lawn?
5. Ten days before school lets out, what does Jeff see when he reaches his house?
6. Why does Jeff begin to ride the roller coasters after returning home to his father's house?
7. Why does Sammy think that if his sister turned out to be like their mom it wouldn't be a bad thing?
8. What does Jeff begin to do in order to see Dicey more often, meeting her brother at the same time?
9. What does Jeff realize about the Professor's expectations of him at school?
10. Who are the two students that Jeff finds interesting at Chrisfeld school?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)