|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
2. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
(a) Broken pieces
(b) A quiet song
(c) A pile of feathers
(d) A mess
3. Where did Dicey and her siblings travel from when their mother was put into a hospital?
4. Melody asks if they can put everything behind them and Jeff says that he ______________.
(a) Never will
(b) Isn't sure
(c) Already has
(d) Thinks that's not fair
5. ____________ tells Jeff he worries he might be losing touch with Jeff again.
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff suggests that Melody keep the _____________ instead of selling it.
2. What did Jeff do in Charleston on his last day so that no one else could have it?
3. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
4. Jeff has emotionally gone inside of himself, to a small ______ where he locked the memories of his day and night spent on the beach.
5. Jeff realizes that Dicey is as private and solitary in her grief as _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff suddenly feel that his life is rich at the start of this chapter?
2. What does Jeff begin to realize the principal at his school and Melody did when he receives all As?
3. What does the girl that stops to listen to Jeff do when she comes back to visit a second time?
4. What is the achievement Jeff learns he and Dicey both share?
5. What does Melody say that she is doing with Max which is why she wants to say goodbye to Jeff?
6. What does Melody believe about the reason why Jeff decided to stay with his father instead of with her?
7. Why does Jeff begin to ride the roller coasters after returning home to his father's house?
8. Why does Sammy think that if his sister turned out to be like their mom it wouldn't be a bad thing?
9. Why do Brother Thomas and the Professor show up at the amusement park to see Jeff?
10. What was Phil's impression of Jeff's mother when she stopped in town to visit Jeff?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)