|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ enjoys watching the herons and playing the guitar, content finally in his solitude.
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) The Professor
2. What is Jeff doing in the bay when he realizes that he has practiced not being anybody, though he wants to learn who he is?
(b) Skipping stones
(c) Playing his guitar
3. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
4. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
(a) Steal cars
(b) Ride roller coasters
(d) Play his guitar
5. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
(a) Peter Smith
(b) Phil Milson
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) Andy Barrows
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
2. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
3. As the spring comes, Jeff prepares the _____________ and begins to see the herons again.
4. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
5. Which of Dicey's sisters is quiet, gentle, and has a beautiful singing voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the achievement Jeff learns he and Dicey both share?
2. What does Melody say that she is doing with Max which is why she wants to say goodbye to Jeff?
3. What kind of business does Jeff set up over the summer with the help of the Tillermans?
4. What does Wilhemina tell Jeff about the Tillerman family and how they arrived at their current home?
5. What does Jeff do during the last free period of the day during his sophomore year of high school?
6. Why does Jeff suddenly feel that his life is rich at the start of this chapter?
7. What does Jeff begin to do in order to see Dicey more often, meeting her brother at the same time?
8. What does Melody believe about the reason why Jeff decided to stay with his father instead of with her?
9. Why does Jeff decide to stay instead of running away from Melody as she sits on the lawn?
10. What does Jeff begin to realize the principal at his school and Melody did when he receives all As?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)