|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes for dinner the day after Christmas to eat with Jeff and the Professor?
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) Dr. Baker
(d) Dicey Tillerman
2. What is the weather like when Jeff is sitting at the island before he leaves for his father's house?
3. Jeff doesn't care what's happening to him at school, because of _____________, "nothing could touch him."
(c) The Professor
(d) His guitar
4. The Professor admits that Melody was often ___________ with him - first by his inability to first buy a big engagement ring and then buy a house.
5. Who is Melody's boyfriend who comes along to help pick up Jeff at the airport?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting to pick up Jeff when he arrives back home from his visit with Melody?
2. Jeff feels bad about the money that the Professor is paying for his __________ since he things it's been a waste.
3. When Melody does arrive at the airport, he is immediately stunned by her ____________ once more.
4. At what time was Jeff's plane supposed to leave, which gave him little time to make it?
5. As Jeff was leaving the island, __________ did not watch him go.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff feel disappointed about Gambo when he arrives to visit with her?
2. What does Jeff do in order to feel healed and to feel at home once more?
3. What is the picture Melody painted once that made Jeff wake up worried during the night?
4. What does Jeff do the first morning he is with his mom which ends up upsetting her?
5. What does Jeff learn about the financial situation between Melody and the Professor?
6. What does Melody's new boyfriend, Max, refuse to let Jeff do when he is staying with them?
7. What does Jeff do when he goes to the island for one final time in Charleston?
8. What does Max tell Jeff about the relationship between Melody and the Professor?
9. What are Jeff's first reactions to his mother when he sees her arrive at the airport in Charleston?
10. What does Brother Thomas announce when he comes over for Christmas dinner?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)