|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the groups of needy that Melody says she wants to help when she is away from the Professor and Jeff?
(a) Hungry children
(c) HIV victims
2. It seems to Jeff that the object flying across the island is saying ______________.
(a) Who the heck are you
(b) Why are you here
(c) Get out of here
(d) Just leave me alone
3. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
4. Which airport does Jeff arrive at in order to meet with his mother when she picks him up for a visit?
5. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(b) Aunt Georgina
(c) Aunt Booty
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff rejects the Professor's offer to buy him _____________ as he wants that link to be Melody's alone.
2. What does Jeff decide to give to his father as a gift for Christmas this particular year?
3. What does Jeff stop doing because he realizes the Professor likes order and routine?
4. Professor notes that Tolstoy once said that every unhappy family is ____________ in its own way.
5. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brother Thomas do when Jeff reveals he has not eaten dinner or breakfast?
2. What doesn't Jeff mind about waiting at the airport for his mother?
3. What does Jeff say when Brother Thomas asks Jeff if he will go back to visit Melody the next summer?
4. What does the Professor do when he reads the note that was left for him from Melody?
5. What does Jeff do when he feels like crying in order to avoid making a scene with his father?
6. What does Jeff realize as night falls when he is on the island's land?
7. What is happening at the house where Melody says that she and Jeff need to stop?
8. What does Melody tell Jeff about the river in Charleston when they are out exploring the tow?
9. Where does Jeff go before he leaves Charleston after staying with his mother?
10. Why does Jeff feel disappointed about Gambo when he arrives to visit with her?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)