|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff finally decides that ________ someone means loving them even if they don't do what you want.
(b) Be related to
(d) Living with
2. Who pays for the lunch that Melody and Jeff share in a nice restaurant in town?
(b) A stranger
3. _____________ apologizes to Jeff for allowing him to get so sick and for not scheduling regular check-ups.
(b) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
4. Melody tells Jeff that Gambo has had ______________ and is very weak as a result.
(b) A broken back
(c) A stroke
5. What did Jeff bring back for Brother Thomas from Charleston when he visited his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
2. Jeff continues to ___________ to Melody each and every month, even though she does not reply.
3. Melody tells Jeff she is going out of town to take pictures at a ___________ with her boyfriend for a week.
4. Melody introduces Jeff to the two women as the ________________ even though they did not know of him.
5. What does Jeff write to Melody after he arrives back in town from his trip with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melody's new boyfriend, Max, refuse to let Jeff do when he is staying with them?
2. What is the picture Melody painted once that made Jeff wake up worried during the night?
3. What does Brother Thomas do when Jeff reveals he has not eaten dinner or breakfast?
4. What does Jeff, a second grader, find when he arrives home from school one early March day?
5. Where does Jeff go before he leaves Charleston after staying with his mother?
6. What does Gambo remind Jeff of the next day at the breakfast table which makes Jeff feel uncomfortable?
7. Why does Jeff make himself stop crying when he is reading the letter from his mother, Melody?
8. What does Jeff do the first morning he is with his mom which ends up upsetting her?
9. What are Jeff's first reactions to his mother when he sees her arrive at the airport in Charleston?
10. What is the reason that Melody gives to Jeff for leaving him and the Professor?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)