|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
(a) Phil Milson
(b) Andy Barrows
(c) Peter Smith
(d) Brother Thomas
2. When Dicey's ______________ dies, Jeff understands and he knows to leave her alone.
3. What did Jeff do in Charleston on his last day so that no one else could have it?
(a) Hid his diary
(b) Broke his guitar
(c) Sank the boat
(d) Burn the house
4. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
5. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(c) Afraid of
6. When the Professor goes to Baltimore, who does he stay with on these nights?
(c) Brother Thomas
7. What is NOT one of the things Jeff does to protect the emotions he is feeling about Melody?
(a) Stops talking to the Professor
(b) Stops participating in school
(c) Stops loving Melody
(d) Stops playing guitar
8. What is Jeff doing in the bay when he realizes that he has practiced not being anybody, though he wants to learn who he is?
(a) Skipping stones
(b) Playing his guitar
9. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
10. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) The estate
(c) A book
(d) The ring
11. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
12. Melody tells Jeff she knows he picked his father because he is the ____________________.
(a) Peaceful one
(b) Nice one
(c) Smart one
(d) Rich and famous one
13. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Detention list
(b) Honor roll
(c) Advanced students list
(d) Academic probation
14. Jeff finds the girl's ____________ appealing and he likes the way she is helpless to the music.
15. ____________ tells Jeff that Dicey and her siblings traveled alone to their home when their mother was put into a mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose farmhouse does Jeff begin to spend more and more time?
2. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
3. Jeff decides to talk to Melody as he believes that she is his ______________.
4. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
5. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)