|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Jeff that Dicey knows how to __________ and did it frequently on their trip after their mother was put in the hospital.
(a) Be angry
(c) Run away
2. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
3. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
(a) Dicey Tillerman
(b) Abgail Tillerman
(c) Julie Rosen
(d) Janice Proeson
4. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Academic probation
(b) Advanced students list
(c) Detention list
(d) Honor roll
5. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
(a) Smoke pot
(b) Excel at school
(c) Dates a few girls
(d) Flunk classes
6. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
7. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
(b) Ride roller coasters
(c) Steal cars
(d) Play his guitar
8. What is Jeff doing in the bay when he realizes that he has practiced not being anybody, though he wants to learn who he is?
(a) Playing his guitar
(d) Skipping stones
9. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
10. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(c) Afraid of
11. When Dicey becomes angry with Jeff, he begins to feel the same way he felt when ____________ was angry with him.
(a) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor
12. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(b) The ring
(c) The estate
(d) A book
13. ____________ tells Jeff he worries he might be losing touch with Jeff again.
(a) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
14. Jeff learns that Dicey also cut teacher Chapelle down to size. Which subject does Chapelle teach?
15. Whose car does Jeff see when he is coming home ten days before school lets out?
(d) The Professor's
Short Answer Questions
1. The lawyer that is coming to visit the Professor and Jeff is the lawyer of ______________.
2. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
3. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
4. Where did Dicey and her siblings travel from when their mother was put into a hospital?
5. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)