|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
(a) Steal cars
(b) Play his guitar
(c) Ride roller coasters
2. When does Jeff sit outside the school and play guitar in order to work on some songs?
(a) First free period
(b) He doesn't
(c) Lunch hour
(d) Last free period
3. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
(c) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
4. Where do Jeff and the Professor decide to talk when they are ready to talk?
(a) A coffee shop
(b) Kitchen table
(d) The basement
5. ____________ tells Jeff that Dicey and her siblings traveled alone to their home when their mother was put into a mental hospital.
6. Brother Thomas sends Jeff ____________ about his father from national magazines and papers.
(c) Phone conversations
7. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
(a) A mess
(b) A pile of feathers
(c) A quiet song
(d) Broken pieces
8. Jeff decides to talk to Melody as he believes that she is his ______________.
(b) Only hope
9. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
(a) The principal
(b) No one, the Professor knew
(c) Brother Thomas
10. What does Jeff decide to invite Brother Thomas to do in order to make him feel better?
(a) Invite him to live with them
(b) Go to a concert
(c) Go crabbing
(d) Play a song for him
11. Dicey asks Jeff to go _____________ and he almost says no, but accepts and is glad that he did.
(a) To the prom
(b) To the bar
(c) To her room
12. The lawyer is surprised by the Professor, who ______________ had led to believe was difficult and bitter.
(b) Miss Opal
13. Jeff realizes that the only thing the Professor wants for him is for Jeff to be ______________.
14. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
15. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
(a) Peter Smith
(b) Andy Barrows
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) Phil Milson
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff realizes that Melody and his principal at the University School tried to make him believe he wasn't ______________.
2. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
3. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
4. Whose car does Jeff see when he is coming home ten days before school lets out?
5. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)