|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ tells Jeff that Dicey and her siblings traveled alone to their home when their mother was put into a mental hospital.
2. What is the name of Dicey's brother, who Jeff meets when he is spending more time with Dicey?
3. As the spring comes, Jeff prepares the _____________ and begins to see the herons again.
4. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
(a) Smoke pot
(b) Excel at school
(c) Dates a few girls
(d) Flunk classes
5. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
6. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
(a) New apartment
(d) Fancy house
7. Who does Jeff see riding his bike during the icy rain, so he picks him up in his car?
8. All winter, Phil and Andy talk and worry about ________________, but Jeff avoids the subject.
9. Which of Dicey's sisters is quiet, gentle, and has a beautiful singing voice?
10. Brother Thomas sends Jeff ____________ about his father from national magazines and papers.
(c) Phone conversations
11. Where does Melody say she is going in order to help teach villagers?
(a) South America
12. That summer, Jeff decides to set up a _____________ business with the Tillermans.
13. What does Jeff decide to invite Brother Thomas to do in order to make him feel better?
(a) Invite him to live with them
(b) Go crabbing
(c) Play a song for him
(d) Go to a concert
14. Jeff realizes that Melody and his principal at the University School tried to make him believe he wasn't ______________.
(b) A hard worker
15. Jeff realizes that Dicey is as private and solitary in her grief as _____________.
(a) The Professor
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) He is
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Jeff when he returns to the Baltimore airport this time?
2. What is Jeff surprised to find on his report card, though his father is not?
3. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
4. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
5. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)