|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
(a) Julie Rosen
(b) Janice Proeson
(c) Abgail Tillerman
(d) Dicey Tillerman
2. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) A book
(b) The estate
(c) The ring
3. Where does Jeff begin to hang out in order to spend more time with Dicey?
(b) Music store
(d) Grocery store
4. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor
5. As the spring comes, Jeff prepares the _____________ and begins to see the herons again.
6. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(d) Afraid of
7. The Professor reveals that Melody's ______________ hurt him repeatedly.
8. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
9. There is something about the girl Jeff meets that reminds him of his island in _______________.
(b) North Carolina
(c) South Carolina
10. Who is sitting out on the lawn when Jeff arrives home, though he almost does not stop to talk to this person?
(a) Miss Opal
(d) Brother Thomas
11. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
(a) Brother Thomas
(c) No one, the Professor knew
(d) The principal
12. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
(a) Sings along with him
(b) Brings him a book
(c) She hugs him
(d) Kisses him
13. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
(a) Ride roller coasters
(c) Steal cars
(d) Play his guitar
14. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
(a) A mess
(b) A quiet song
(c) A pile of feathers
(d) Broken pieces
15. What is Jeff surprised to find on his report card, though his father is not?
(a) All Fs
(b) All Ds
(c) All Bs
(d) All As
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
2. ____________ enjoys watching the herons and playing the guitar, content finally in his solitude.
3. When the Professor goes to Baltimore, who does he stay with on these nights?
4. Jeff suggests that Melody keep the _____________ instead of selling it.
5. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)