Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
(a) She was suprised
(b) She was busy
(c) She was tired
(d) She was angry at someone else
2. All winter, Phil and Andy talk and worry about ________________, but Jeff avoids the subject.
3. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
(b) New apartment
(c) Fancy house
4. Brother Thomas sends Jeff ____________ about his father from national magazines and papers.
(d) Phone conversations
5. Jeff finds the girl's ____________ appealing and he likes the way she is helpless to the music.
6. Melody asks if they can put everything behind them and Jeff says that he ______________.
(a) Never will
(b) Already has
(c) Isn't sure
(d) Thinks that's not fair
7. Where does Jeff begin to hang out in order to spend more time with Dicey?
(a) Music store
(d) Grocery store
8. Where do Jeff and the Professor decide to talk when they are ready to talk?
(a) Kitchen table
(b) A coffee shop
(c) The basement
9. There is something about the girl Jeff meets that reminds him of his island in _______________.
(a) South Carolina
(b) North Carolina
10. Melody tells Jeff she knows he picked his father because he is the ____________________.
(a) Smart one
(b) Rich and famous one
(c) Peaceful one
(d) Nice one
11. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Advanced students list
(b) Honor roll
(c) Academic probation
(d) Detention list
12. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
(a) A quiet song
(b) A pile of feathers
(c) Broken pieces
(d) A mess
13. Whose car does Jeff see when he is coming home ten days before school lets out?
(d) The Professor's
14. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) The Professor
15. Dicey asks Jeff to go _____________ and he almost says no, but accepts and is glad that he did.
(a) To the prom
(b) To the bar
(c) To her room
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff learns that Dicey also cut teacher Chapelle down to size. Which subject does Chapelle teach?
2. The lawyer tells Jeff that Gambo had decided that the ______________ descendant should inherit her estate.
3. Who is waiting for Jeff when he returns to the Baltimore airport this time?
4. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
5. Where does Melody say she is going in order to help teach villagers?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)