|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
(a) Dates a few girls
(b) Excel at school
(c) Flunk classes
(d) Smoke pot
2. When Dicey's ______________ dies, Jeff understands and he knows to leave her alone.
3. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) The estate
(c) A book
(d) The ring
4. Jeff tells the Professor that Melody had said she would have taken him with her had Jeff been _____________.
(a) Not like his father
(b) A baby
(c) A girl
(d) An older man
5. What is NOT one of the things Jeff does to protect the emotions he is feeling about Melody?
(a) Stops loving Melody
(b) Stops participating in school
(c) Stops playing guitar
(d) Stops talking to the Professor
6. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
(a) Dicey Tillerman
(b) Julie Rosen
(c) Abgail Tillerman
(d) Janice Proeson
7. Who is sitting out on the lawn when Jeff arrives home, though he almost does not stop to talk to this person?
(a) Miss Opal
(c) Brother Thomas
8. There is something about the girl Jeff meets that reminds him of his island in _______________.
(c) North Carolina
(d) South Carolina
9. When does Jeff sit outside the school and play guitar in order to work on some songs?
(a) First free period
(b) Lunch hour
(c) He doesn't
(d) Last free period
10. Jeff realizes that the only thing the Professor wants for him is for Jeff to be ______________.
11. Where does Jeff begin to hang out in order to spend more time with Dicey?
(a) Music store
(d) Grocery store
12. What did Jeff do in Charleston on his last day so that no one else could have it?
(a) Hid his diary
(b) Sank the boat
(c) Broke his guitar
(d) Burn the house
13. Phil tells Jeff it must be great to have a _____________ mother like Melody in his life.
14. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
15. Jeff suggests that Melody keep the _____________ instead of selling it.
(a) Jade ring
(d) Engagement ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dicey and her siblings travel from when their mother was put into a hospital?
2. When the Professor goes to Baltimore, who does he stay with on these nights?
3. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
4. Jeff tells the Professor that he is okay, but that __________ what he had done to Melody is the hardest part.
5. Whose car does Jeff see when he is coming home ten days before school lets out?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)