|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
(b) Max's life
(c) The Professor's life
(d) His heart
2. Jeff realizes that Dicey is as private and solitary in her grief as _____________.
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) The Professor
(c) He is
3. When Dicey's ______________ dies, Jeff understands and he knows to leave her alone.
4. As the spring comes, Jeff prepares the _____________ and begins to see the herons again.
5. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
6. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
(a) Peter Smith
(b) Andy Barrows
(c) Phil Milson
(d) Brother Thomas
7. Who does Jeff write about for the essay in his English class, though his teacher mocks him?
(a) The Professor
(b) John C. Calhoun
(d) John Adams
8. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
(a) Sings along with him
(b) Kisses him
(c) Brings him a book
(d) She hugs him
9. ____________ enjoys watching the herons and playing the guitar, content finally in his solitude.
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
10. What does the Professor show to Jeff at the end of October, though he does not show any expression as to how he feels about it?
(a) His old guitar
(b) His published book
(c) The divorce papers
(d) His wedding pictures
11. Phil tells Jeff it must be great to have a _____________ mother like Melody in his life.
12. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) The ring
(b) A book
(d) The estate
13. What is Jeff surprised to find on his report card, though his father is not?
(a) All Fs
(b) All As
(c) All Ds
(d) All Bs
14. Jeff has emotionally gone inside of himself, to a small ______ where he locked the memories of his day and night spent on the beach.
15. When the Professor goes to Baltimore, who does he stay with on these nights?
(b) Brother Thomas
Short Answer Questions
1. The lawyer tells Jeff that Gambo had decided that the ______________ descendant should inherit her estate.
2. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
3. Sammy tells Jeff that Sammy's mother was more than just one _______________.
4. Where does Jeff begin to hang out in order to spend more time with Dicey?
5. Where does Melody say she is going in order to help teach villagers?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)