|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
(a) Fancy house
(d) New apartment
2. There is something about the girl Jeff meets that reminds him of his island in _______________.
(b) South Carolina
(c) North Carolina
3. ____________ enjoys watching the herons and playing the guitar, content finally in his solitude.
(b) The Professor
(c) Brother Thomas
4. Jeff finds the girl's ____________ appealing and he likes the way she is helpless to the music.
5. What is Jeff doing in the bay when he realizes that he has practiced not being anybody, though he wants to learn who he is?
(a) Skipping stones
(b) Playing his guitar
6. Melody asks if they can put everything behind them and Jeff says that he ______________.
(a) Thinks that's not fair
(b) Never will
(c) Already has
(d) Isn't sure
7. Jeff learns that Dicey also cut teacher Chapelle down to size. Which subject does Chapelle teach?
8. As the spring comes, Jeff prepares the _____________ and begins to see the herons again.
9. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
(a) Steal cars
(c) Play his guitar
(d) Ride roller coasters
10. Jeff has emotionally gone inside of himself, to a small ______ where he locked the memories of his day and night spent on the beach.
11. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
12. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
13. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) The ring
(b) The estate
(c) A book
14. Where does Melody say she is going in order to help teach villagers?
(c) South America
15. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
(a) Dates a few girls
(b) Flunk classes
(c) Smoke pot
(d) Excel at school
Short Answer Questions
1. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
2. Melody tells Jeff she knows he picked his father because he is the ____________________.
3. The lawyer that is coming to visit the Professor and Jeff is the lawyer of ______________.
4. Jeff realizes that Dicey is as private and solitary in her grief as _____________.
5. The lawyer tells Jeff that Gambo had decided that the ______________ descendant should inherit her estate.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)