|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lawyer tells Jeff that Gambo had decided that the ______________ descendant should inherit her estate.
2. ___________ doesn't tell anyone how he feels as he doesn't think he deserves comfort or sympathy.
(a) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
3. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(b) Afraid of
4. Which of Dicey's sisters is quiet, gentle, and has a beautiful singing voice?
5. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) Andy Barrows
(c) Phil Milson
(d) Peter Smith
6. Jeff has emotionally gone inside of himself, to a small ______ where he locked the memories of his day and night spent on the beach.
7. Who does Jeff see riding his bike during the icy rain, so he picks him up in his car?
8. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
9. All winter, Phil and Andy talk and worry about ________________, but Jeff avoids the subject.
10. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
11. Jeff decides to talk to Melody as he believes that she is his ______________.
(b) Only hope
12. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
(a) Kisses him
(b) Sings along with him
(c) Brings him a book
(d) She hugs him
13. Who is waiting for Jeff when he returns to the Baltimore airport this time?
(a) No one
(b) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
14. Melody tells Jeff she knows he picked his father because he is the ____________________.
(a) Peaceful one
(b) Nice one
(c) Rich and famous one
(d) Smart one
15. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer, Jeff decides to set up a _____________ business with the Tillermans.
2. When Dicey's ______________ dies, Jeff understands and he knows to leave her alone.
3. ____________ enjoys watching the herons and playing the guitar, content finally in his solitude.
4. James tells Jeff that Dicey knows how to __________ and did it frequently on their trip after their mother was put in the hospital.
5. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)