|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Jeff that Dicey knows how to __________ and did it frequently on their trip after their mother was put in the hospital.
(b) Be angry
(d) Run away
2. When Dicey's ______________ dies, Jeff understands and he knows to leave her alone.
3. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
4. ___________ doesn't tell anyone how he feels as he doesn't think he deserves comfort or sympathy.
(b) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
5. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Advanced students list
(b) Detention list
(c) Honor roll
(d) Academic probation
6. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(c) Afraid of
7. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
8. Jeff suggests that Melody keep the _____________ instead of selling it.
(a) Jade ring
(b) Engagement ring
9. That summer, Jeff decides to set up a _____________ business with the Tillermans.
10. Jeff realizes that Melody and his principal at the University School tried to make him believe he wasn't ______________.
(a) A hard worker
11. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
(a) The Professor's life
(b) Max's life
(d) His heart
12. Phil tells Jeff it must be great to have a _____________ mother like Melody in his life.
13. The lawyer tells Jeff that Gambo had decided that the ______________ descendant should inherit her estate.
14. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
15. Brother Thomas sends Jeff ____________ about his father from national magazines and papers.
(c) Phone conversations
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jeff write about for the essay in his English class, though his teacher mocks him?
2. Where do Jeff and the Professor decide to talk when they are ready to talk?
3. Dicey asks Jeff to go _____________ and he almost says no, but accepts and is glad that he did.
4. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
5. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)