|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
(a) She was tired
(b) She was suprised
(c) She was busy
(d) She was angry at someone else
2. What is NOT one of the things Jeff does to protect the emotions he is feeling about Melody?
(a) Stops loving Melody
(b) Stops talking to the Professor
(c) Stops participating in school
(d) Stops playing guitar
3. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) The estate
(b) A book
(d) The ring
4. What is the name of Dicey's brother, who Jeff meets when he is spending more time with Dicey?
5. Who is sitting out on the lawn when Jeff arrives home, though he almost does not stop to talk to this person?
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) Miss Opal
6. Melody tells Jeff she knows he picked his father because he is the ____________________.
(a) Smart one
(b) Rich and famous one
(c) Nice one
(d) Peaceful one
7. What did Jeff do in Charleston on his last day so that no one else could have it?
(a) Hid his diary
(b) Broke his guitar
(c) Sank the boat
(d) Burn the house
8. Jeff has emotionally gone inside of himself, to a small ______ where he locked the memories of his day and night spent on the beach.
9. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
(a) Janice Proeson
(b) Julie Rosen
(c) Dicey Tillerman
(d) Abgail Tillerman
10. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
11. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
12. James tells Jeff that Dicey knows how to __________ and did it frequently on their trip after their mother was put in the hospital.
(a) Be angry
(d) Run away
13. Jeff decides to talk to Melody as he believes that she is his ______________.
(c) Only hope
14. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
15. Which of Dicey's sisters is quiet, gentle, and has a beautiful singing voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
2. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
3. The Professor reveals that Melody's ______________ hurt him repeatedly.
4. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
5. Where do Jeff and the Professor decide to talk when they are ready to talk?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)