|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
2. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
(a) A pile of feathers
(b) A mess
(c) A quiet song
(d) Broken pieces
3. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
(a) Fancy house
(b) New apartment
4. What is Jeff surprised to find on his report card, though his father is not?
(a) All Fs
(b) All Ds
(c) All As
(d) All Bs
5. Melody asks if they can put everything behind them and Jeff says that he ______________.
(a) Never will
(b) Isn't sure
(c) Already has
(d) Thinks that's not fair
6. There is something about the girl Jeff meets that reminds him of his island in _______________.
(a) North Carolina
(c) South Carolina
7. Who does Jeff see riding his bike during the icy rain, so he picks him up in his car?
8. Jeff finds the girl's ____________ appealing and he likes the way she is helpless to the music.
9. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
(a) Sings along with him
(b) She hugs him
(c) Brings him a book
(d) Kisses him
10. Who is sitting out on the lawn when Jeff arrives home, though he almost does not stop to talk to this person?
(a) Brother Thomas
(d) Miss Opal
11. Melody says that she merely wants a ______________ from Jeff before she leaves on a trip.
12. Where does Melody say she is going in order to help teach villagers?
(d) South America
13. As the spring comes, Jeff prepares the _____________ and begins to see the herons again.
14. Jeff learns that Dicey also cut teacher Chapelle down to size. Which subject does Chapelle teach?
15. What did Jeff do in Charleston on his last day so that no one else could have it?
(a) Broke his guitar
(b) Hid his diary
(c) Sank the boat
(d) Burn the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dicey's brother, who Jeff meets when he is spending more time with Dicey?
2. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
3. What does Jeff begin to do as it's the only thing which reminds him of the excitement he felt at the beach?
4. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
5. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)