|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
(a) She was suprised
(b) She was angry at someone else
(c) She was busy
(d) She was tired
2. Brother Thomas sends Jeff ____________ about his father from national magazines and papers.
(d) Phone conversations
3. Jeff decides to talk to Melody as he believes that she is his ______________.
(a) Only hope
4. Who does Jeff see riding his bike during the icy rain, so he picks him up in his car?
5. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
6. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
(b) The principal
(c) No one, the Professor knew
(d) Brother Thomas
7. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
8. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
(a) His heart
(b) Max's life
(d) The Professor's life
9. At whose farmhouse does Jeff begin to spend more and more time?
(d) Brother Thomas'
10. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
11. ____________ tells Jeff that Dicey and her siblings traveled alone to their home when their mother was put into a mental hospital.
12. ____________ tells Jeff he worries he might be losing touch with Jeff again.
(c) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
13. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(a) Afraid of
14. Melody asks if they can put everything behind them and Jeff says that he ______________.
(a) Never will
(b) Thinks that's not fair
(c) Already has
(d) Isn't sure
15. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Honor roll
(b) Detention list
(c) Advanced students list
(d) Academic probation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
2. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
3. Who does Jeff invite out on his boat once school finally lets out for the year?
4. Melody tells Jeff she knows he picked his father because he is the ____________________.
5. Whose car does Jeff see when he is coming home ten days before school lets out?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)