|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff realizes that ______________ is feeling bleak and hopeless during that summer.
(b) The Professor
(c) Brother Thomas
2. Jeff learns that Dicey also cut teacher Chapelle down to size. Which subject does Chapelle teach?
3. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
(a) Flunk classes
(b) Excel at school
(c) Dates a few girls
(d) Smoke pot
4. Jeff decides to talk to Melody as he believes that she is his ______________.
(d) Only hope
5. What is Jeff doing in the bay when he realizes that he has practiced not being anybody, though he wants to learn who he is?
(a) Playing his guitar
(c) Skipping stones
6. What is Jeff surprised to find on his report card, though his father is not?
(a) All Fs
(b) All Ds
(c) All As
(d) All Bs
7. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Academic probation
(b) Detention list
(c) Honor roll
(d) Advanced students list
8. What does Jeff decide to invite Brother Thomas to do in order to make him feel better?
(a) Go to a concert
(b) Go crabbing
(c) Invite him to live with them
(d) Play a song for him
9. Who is the girl that Jeff meets when he is playing his guitar, though she leaves abruptly the first time?
(a) Dicey Tillerman
(b) Abgail Tillerman
(c) Julie Rosen
(d) Janice Proeson
10. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
11. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
12. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
(a) She was suprised
(b) She was angry at someone else
(c) She was tired
(d) She was busy
13. When Dicey's ______________ dies, Jeff understands and he knows to leave her alone.
14. That summer, Jeff decides to set up a _____________ business with the Tillermans.
15. Jeff realizes that Melody and his principal at the University School tried to make him believe he wasn't ______________.
(d) A hard worker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor show to Jeff at the end of October, though he does not show any expression as to how he feels about it?
2. Melody says that she couldn't be happy knowing about the situation in ___________ and doing nothing.
3. ___________ doesn't tell anyone how he feels as he doesn't think he deserves comfort or sympathy.
4. Who does Jeff write about for the essay in his English class, though his teacher mocks him?
5. Jeff realizes that Dicey is as private and solitary in her grief as _____________.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)