|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A girl seems to be drawn against her will by the ______________ when Jeff is outside.
2. Dicey asks Jeff to go _____________ and he almost says no, but accepts and is glad that he did.
(a) To her room
(c) To the bar
(d) To the prom
3. Where does Jeff begin to hang out in order to spend more time with Dicey?
(a) Music store
(d) Grocery store
4. What is Jeff on again during his sophomore year of high school, though he would never have thought it to be the case?
(a) Advanced students list
(b) Honor roll
(c) Academic probation
(d) Detention list
5. Who is sitting out on the lawn when Jeff arrives home, though he almost does not stop to talk to this person?
(a) Miss Opal
(d) Brother Thomas
6. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that he will finally have to tell the Professor what he is ______________.
(a) Afraid of
7. All winter, Phil and Andy talk and worry about ________________, but Jeff avoids the subject.
8. Who does Jeff see riding his bike during the icy rain, so he picks him up in his car?
9. Jeff realizes that Melody and his principal at the University School tried to make him believe he wasn't ______________.
(b) A hard worker
10. What is the name of Dicey's brother, who Jeff meets when he is spending more time with Dicey?
11. Who is waiting for Jeff when he returns to the Baltimore airport this time?
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) No one
(d) The Professor
12. At whose farmhouse does Jeff begin to spend more and more time?
(c) Brother Thomas'
13. Who does Jeff write about for the essay in his English class, though his teacher mocks him?
(a) The Professor
(b) John Adams
(c) John C. Calhoun
14. Where do Jeff and the Professor decide to talk when they are ready to talk?
(a) The basement
(b) A coffee shop
(d) Kitchen table
15. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
2. Jeff suddenly begins to feel his life is crowded with people he likes and things he wants to do and feels life is ___________.
3. Which of Dicey's sisters is quiet, gentle, and has a beautiful singing voice?
4. What is Jeff surprised to find on his report card, though his father is not?
5. What is the reason for Dicey's anger, which quickly passes once she realizes what is happening?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)