|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jeff and the Professor decide to talk when they are ready to talk?
(a) The basement
(c) Kitchen table
(d) A coffee shop
2. What does the girl do when she returns a week later after running away from Jeff and his guitar?
(a) Brings him a book
(b) Sings along with him
(c) Kisses him
(d) She hugs him
3. Jeff feels sorry for Melody who never knew what the real ____________ were, according to him.
4. Brother Thomas sends Jeff ____________ about his father from national magazines and papers.
(c) Phone conversations
5. ____________ doesn't try to get in touch with Jeff after the incident they shared.
6. Jeff realizes that Melody and his principal at the University School tried to make him believe he wasn't ______________.
(c) A hard worker
7. What does Jeff begin to do as a result of running away from his school work?
(a) Smoke pot
(b) Dates a few girls
(c) Flunk classes
(d) Excel at school
8. Who does Jeff see riding his bike during the icy rain, so he picks him up in his car?
9. What did Jeff do in Charleston on his last day so that no one else could have it?
(a) Broke his guitar
(b) Sank the boat
(c) Burn the house
(d) Hid his diary
10. The Professor reveals that Melody's ______________ hurt him repeatedly.
11. The lawyer is surprised by the Professor, who ______________ had led to believe was difficult and bitter.
(b) Miss Opal
12. Jeff thinks the Tillermans worry not about _____________, but about living right for each other, together.
13. Where does Melody say she is going in order to help teach villagers?
(b) South America
14. What does Jeff decide to give to Miss Opal from his inheritance?
(a) The estate
(b) A book
(c) The ring
15. Who called the Professor and told him about Jeff's performance in school, though Jeff had tried to hide it?
(a) The principal
(b) No one, the Professor knew
(d) Brother Thomas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor show to Jeff at the end of October, though he does not show any expression as to how he feels about it?
2. Jeff feels that if he didn't keep all of his emotions hidden away, he would fall apart into ______________.
3. At whose farmhouse does Jeff begin to spend more and more time?
4. Dicey asks Jeff to go _____________ and he almost says no, but accepts and is glad that he did.
5. The Professor talks about how his book has been successful, and that they can move to a _____________ in Baltimore if they want.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)