|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jeff and his mother stop at a house where two women are sitting, what are the women doing?
(c) Cooking a soup
(d) Stuffing envelopes
2. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
3. Melody tells Jeff that _________________ have killed the crabs and the herons who used to live in the marshes.
(b) Larger fish
(d) Oil drillers
4. When Melody does arrive at the airport, he is immediately stunned by her ____________ once more.
(a) Long hair
(c) Haggard appearance
5. What did Jeff bring back for Brother Thomas from Charleston when he visited his mother?
6. Who is Melody's boyfriend who comes along to help pick up Jeff at the airport?
7. Melody's boyfriend refuses to bring Jeff to a party he is working that night. What is the profession of the boyfriend?
8. During what month does Melody decide to finally leave the Professor and Jeff?
9. _____________ apologizes to Jeff for allowing him to get so sick and for not scheduling regular check-ups.
(b) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
10. Jeff realizes he can hear the joking between Thomas and the Professor and enjoy the conversation because of ____________.
(b) The Professor's love
(c) The house
11. Where does Melody say she will be for the morning, though she would like to have lunch with him later?
(b) Art gallery
(d) Her boyfriend's recording studio
12. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
13. Professor notes that Tolstoy once said that every unhappy family is ____________ in its own way.
14. Jeff decides he wants to be perfect in his _____________ for Melody.
15. What does Jeff decide to send to Melody for Christmas as he believes it is as perfect as his love for her?
(b) Song he wrote
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jeff cries in his bed after Melody leaves again, he can't believe how easy he was to _____________.
2. Who is NOT one of the relatives to which Melody introduces him?
3. The Professor decides they need a ________________ to help them take care of Jeff and the house.
4. Melody tells Jeff she is going out of town to take pictures at a ___________ with her boyfriend for a week.
5. Melody says that she left the Professor because she was unhappy and tired of _______________.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)