|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Professor tell Jeff more about in order to help him understand his background?
(a) Aunt Georgina
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor's mom
2. Where does Jeff wait for Melody to come to get him for breakfast?
(a) On the steps
(b) On his bed
(c) In the bathroom
(d) In the hallway
3. The Professor talks to Jeff about how ____________ and helpless Melody made him feel when they were together.
4. What is the weather like when Jeff is sitting at the island before he leaves for his father's house?
5. Jeff looks into the mirror and sees that he has his mother's ____________ eyes and this makes him feel better.
6. Jeff becomes talented at reading the Professor's ____________ and figuring out what he might want.
7. Then Melody tells Jeff that he is just like ______________ in the way that he waits for her to get him.
(a) His father
(b) A little boy
(c) A polite person
(d) A man
8. When Jeff and his mother stop at a house where two women are sitting, what are the women doing?
(b) Stuffing envelopes
(d) Cooking a soup
9. Jeff continues to ___________ to Melody each and every month, even though she does not reply.
(a) Place calls
(b) Send packages
(c) Write letters
(d) Send songs
10. ____________ used to tell Jeff that the Professor wasn't much of a father, which makes Jeff upset.
(b) The Professor
(c) Brother Thomas
11. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
12. What does Jeff decide to give to his father as a gift for Christmas this particular year?
(b) A book
13. Over breakfast, ______________ reminds Jeff that he had invited himself to stay, which makes him feel uncomfortable.
(a) Miss Opal
(d) Aunt Booty
14. Brother Thomas tells Jeff that his illness has been a __________ to the Professor, but this is a good thing.
(b) Happy time
15. What does the Professor offer to buy for Jeff if Jeff isn't happy with his Christmas gift?
(a) A new pair of shoes
(b) A new guitar
(c) A car
(d) A plane ticket
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeff find and put into his pocket to bring home with him?
2. When Jeff isn't home when Melody comes home for a bit, how does she feel toward him?
3. Jeff feels bad about the money that the Professor is paying for his __________ since he things it's been a waste.
4. While discussing the possibility of a trip to _____________, Jeff learns about the financial troubles Melody left.
5. It seems to Jeff that the object flying across the island is saying ______________.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)