|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jeff bring back for Brother Thomas from Charleston when he visited his mother?
2. When the Professor gives Jeff an allowance week after week, what does Jeff save up to buy?
(a) A guitar
(b) A plane ticket
(c) A bus ticket
(d) A book
3. What does Gambo say of Jeff as she is looking at him and telling others to look as well?
(a) He is too much like his father
(b) He is short
(c) He is handsome
(d) He looks like Melody
4. Where does Jeff go on the day before he leaves his mother's home?
(b) The diner
(d) Max's party
5. Who comes for dinner the day after Christmas to eat with Jeff and the Professor?
(a) Dicey Tillerman
(b) Brother Thomas
(d) Dr. Baker
6. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(a) Aunt Georgina
(c) Aunt Booty
7. Melody says that she left the Professor because she was unhappy and tired of _______________.
(a) Being a wife
(b) Pinching pennies
(c) Being tied down
8. What does Jeff's father give to Jeff for Christmas which is a touching gift to receive?
(a) A book of baby pictures
(b) An old home movie
(c) Old Martin guitar
(d) A picture of him and Jeff
9. Melody tells Jeff that Gambo has had ______________ and is very weak as a result.
(b) A stroke
(d) A broken back
10. Melody tells Jeff she is going out of town to take pictures at a ___________ with her boyfriend for a week.
(a) New museum
(b) Folk festival
(c) County fair
(d) Rock concert
11. ____________ used to tell Jeff that the Professor wasn't much of a father, which makes Jeff upset.
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor
12. Who is NOT one of the groups of needy that Melody says she wants to help when she is away from the Professor and Jeff?
(a) Hungry children
(c) HIV victims
13. What did Jeff find and put into his pocket to bring home with him?
(b) Green stone
(c) Ocean glass
(d) Sand dollar
14. What does Jeff decide to send to Melody for Christmas as he believes it is as perfect as his love for her?
(c) Song he wrote
15. Jeff ends up ________________ on the beach, which leaves him feeling great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melody introduces Jeff to the two women as the ________________ even though they did not know of him.
2. What does Jeff see fly across the island as he is lingering on the island?
3. Who writes Jeff a note saying that they would be happy to see him come back for the summer?
4. Melody tells Jeff that she wouldn't leave him if she thought she had to ____________ about him.
5. What does Jeff decide to make for himself for dinner in order to not upset the Professor?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)