|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff do in response to the offer of a new Christmas gift, though he explains his response later?
(b) Gets angry
(c) Leaves the house
2. When Jeff cries in his bed after Melody leaves again, he can't believe how easy he was to _____________.
3. Jeff finally decides that ________ someone means loving them even if they don't do what you want.
(a) Be related to
(b) Living with
4. Jeff becomes talented at reading the Professor's ____________ and figuring out what he might want.
5. What did Jeff use in order to get back to the mainland?
(c) A surfboard
(d) His arms and legs to swim
6. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
7. When the Professor retreats to his study after learning about Melody, what does he leave in the kitchen?
(a) His hat
(b) A shoe
(c) His coffee
(d) His briefcase
8. Who writes Jeff a note saying that they would be happy to see him come back for the summer?
(a) Aunt Booty
(c) Aunt Georgina
9. Who is Jeff's doctor that the Professor needs to call when Jeff becomes very ill?
(a) Dr. Thomas
(b) Dr. Elliott
(c) Dr. Baker
(d) Dr. Smith
10. Jeff feels bad about the money that the Professor is paying for his __________ since he things it's been a waste.
(d) Guitar lessons
11. Which animal impresses Jeff with its solitude as he looks out the window of the bus?
12. In what grade is Jeff when he finds out his mother has left him and his father, the Professor?
13. For how many house does Jeff wait for Melody at the airport the second time he visits?
(a) 1 day
(b) 1 week
(c) 1 hour
(d) 2 hours
14. Jeff decides he wants to be perfect in his _____________ for Melody.
15. _____________ apologizes to Jeff for allowing him to get so sick and for not scheduling regular check-ups.
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Melody's boyfriend who comes along to help pick up Jeff at the airport?
2. When the Professor gives Jeff an allowance week after week, what does Jeff save up to buy?
3. Where does Melody say she will be for the morning, though she would like to have lunch with him later?
4. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
5. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)