|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jeff was leaving the island, __________ did not watch him go.
(b) The bird
(c) The fishermen
(d) The moon
2. Melody takes Jeff into the city to show him how green and polluted the ______________ is.
(a) Ground water
(b) Local factory
3. Jeff runs out of the room after receiving his gift, thinking that ___________ would be a terrible way to show how much he loved the gift.
4. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
5. Where does Melody say she will be for the morning, though she would like to have lunch with him later?
(b) Art gallery
(d) Her boyfriend's recording studio
6. Who does the Professor tell Jeff more about in order to help him understand his background?
(a) Aunt Georgina
(b) Brother Thomas
(c) The Professor's mom
7. When Melody comes to pick Jeff up, he is overwhelmed by her _____________, warmth and cheerfulness.
(a) Vanilla perfume
(c) White hair
8. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(b) Aunt Booty
(d) Aunt Georgina
9. Then Melody tells Jeff that he is just like ______________ in the way that he waits for her to get him.
(a) A little boy
(b) A polite person
(c) A man
(d) His father
10. In what grade is Jeff when he finds out his mother has left him and his father, the Professor?
11. When the Professor gives Jeff an allowance week after week, what does Jeff save up to buy?
(a) A plane ticket
(b) A book
(c) A guitar
(d) A bus ticket
12. Who comes for dinner the day after Christmas to eat with Jeff and the Professor?
(a) Dicey Tillerman
(b) Dr. Baker
(c) Brother Thomas
13. Jeff rejects the Professor's offer to buy him _____________ as he wants that link to be Melody's alone.
(a) A car
(b) A plane ticket
(c) A bus ticket
(d) Guitar lessons
14. While discussing the possibility of a trip to _____________, Jeff learns about the financial troubles Melody left.
15. Who pays for the lunch that Melody and Jeff share in a nice restaurant in town?
(d) A stranger
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeff realize he would miss as the night became darker and darker?
2. What must Jeff hurry to do as he has stayed at the island for such a long time?
3. When Melody does arrive at the airport, he is immediately stunned by her ____________ once more.
4. When Jeff cries in his bed after Melody leaves again, he can't believe how easy he was to _____________.
5. What does Jeff see fly across the island as he is lingering on the island?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)