|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
2. When Jeff cries in his bed after Melody leaves again, he can't believe how easy he was to _____________.
3. At the concert, Jeff tries to resist the pull of the ______________, realizing the talent of the players.
4. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
(b) Guitar concert
5. The Professor talks to Jeff about how ____________ and helpless Melody made him feel when they were together.
6. What does Jeff's father give to Jeff for Christmas which is a touching gift to receive?
(a) A book of baby pictures
(b) Old Martin guitar
(c) A picture of him and Jeff
(d) An old home movie
7. Jeff looks into the mirror and sees that he has his mother's ____________ eyes and this makes him feel better.
8. Jeff realizes he can hear the joking between Thomas and the Professor and enjoy the conversation because of ____________.
(b) The Professor's love
(d) The house
9. Jeff, on the island, sees a world in which he is the only ______________ inhabitant.
10. When Melody comes to pick Jeff up, he is overwhelmed by her _____________, warmth and cheerfulness.
(b) Vanilla perfume
(d) White hair
11. After being at the beach, Jeff feels ___________ and at home, as if he had just woken from a deep, long sleep.
12. What does Jeff stop doing because he realizes the Professor likes order and routine?
(d) Doing his homework
13. Where does Jeff wait for Melody to come to get him for breakfast?
(a) In the bathroom
(b) On his bed
(c) On the steps
(d) In the hallway
14. Who had finally talked to Gambo about Jeff coming out of the summer since there had been no response otherwise?
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
15. Who does the Professor tell Jeff more about in order to help him understand his background?
(a) Brother Thomas
(b) Aunt Georgina
(d) The Professor's mom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor offer to buy for Jeff if Jeff isn't happy with his Christmas gift?
2. What does Jeff catch that the Professor does not notice to be a bad thing until something is seriously wrong?
3. All the stars faded in the sky, except for one, ____________, the morning star.
4. Melody tells Jeff that _________________ have killed the crabs and the herons who used to live in the marshes.
5. Where does Melody say she will be for the morning, though she would like to have lunch with him later?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)