|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff ask the Professor when his letters to his mother and Gambo go unanswered?
(a) If the Professor mailed the letters
(b) If his mother loves him
(c) If the address is right
(d) If letters get lost
2. In what grade is Jeff when he finds out his mother has left him and his father, the Professor?
3. How does Jeff find out that his mother left him and his father to go help other people?
(a) He doesn't
(d) Phone call
4. What does Melody show to Jeff which shows just how excited he was to see her when he first arrived?
5. Melody tells Jeff that she wouldn't leave him if she thought she had to ____________ about him.
6. After being at the beach, Jeff feels ___________ and at home, as if he had just woken from a deep, long sleep.
7. Jeff rejects the Professor's offer to buy him _____________ as he wants that link to be Melody's alone.
(a) A plane ticket
(b) A car
(c) A bus ticket
(d) Guitar lessons
8. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(a) Aunt Booty
(c) Aunt Georgina
9. Melody tells Jeff that _________________ have killed the crabs and the herons who used to live in the marshes.
(c) Larger fish
(d) Oil drillers
10. What does Jeff write to Gambo after he arrives back in town from his trip with his mother?
(a) A long letter
(b) A story
(c) Thank you note
(d) A poem
11. Where does Brother Thomas decide to take Jeff when he learns Jeff has not eaten?
(a) To the monastery
(b) A diner
(c) Fast food restaurant
(d) Straight home
12. Jeff ends up ________________ on the beach, which leaves him feeling great.
13. All the stars faded in the sky, except for one, ____________, the morning star.
14. While discussing the possibility of a trip to _____________, Jeff learns about the financial troubles Melody left.
15. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff, on the island, sees a world in which he is the only ______________ inhabitant.
2. What does Jeff decide to make for himself for dinner in order to not upset the Professor?
3. What did Jeff use in order to get back to the mainland?
4. What does Jeff write to Melody after he arrives back in town from his trip with his mother?
5. At the concert, Jeff tries to resist the pull of the ______________, realizing the talent of the players.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)