|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
(d) Guitar concert
2. ____________ used to tell Jeff that the Professor wasn't much of a father, which makes Jeff upset.
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
3. Which animal impresses Jeff with its solitude as he looks out the window of the bus?
4. Who is Melody's boyfriend who comes along to help pick up Jeff at the airport?
5. The boyfriend tells Jeff that Melody married the Professor because she was ______________.
6. Jeff was once told that his father's ___________ department was in shambles because the Professor didn't publish.
7. Jeff begins to read all that he can about _____________ in order to feel close to Melody.
(d) The South
8. The Professor decides they need a ________________ to help them take care of Jeff and the house.
(a) College student
9. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(a) Aunt Booty
(d) Aunt Georgina
10. What does Gambo say of Jeff as she is looking at him and telling others to look as well?
(a) He is too much like his father
(b) He looks like Melody
(c) He is short
(d) He is handsome
11. In what grade is Jeff when he finds out his mother has left him and his father, the Professor?
12. Who had finally talked to Gambo about Jeff coming out of the summer since there had been no response otherwise?
(b) The Professor
(c) Brother Thomas
13. What did Jeff use in order to get back to the mainland?
(b) His arms and legs to swim
(d) A surfboard
14. What did Jeff find and put into his pocket to bring home with him?
(a) Green stone
(b) Sand dollar
(d) Ocean glass
15. Jeff looks into the mirror and sees that he has his mother's ____________ eyes and this makes him feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melody tells Jeff she is going out of town to take pictures at a ___________ with her boyfriend for a week.
2. The Professor admits that Melody was often ___________ with him - first by his inability to first buy a big engagement ring and then buy a house.
3. When Jeff cries in his bed after Melody leaves again, he can't believe how easy he was to _____________.
4. Which airport does Jeff arrive at in order to meet with his mother when she picks him up for a visit?
5. Jeff ends up ________________ on the beach, which leaves him feeling great.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)