|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brother Thomas also suggests to Jeff that Jeff talk to his father about _______________ as it would be good for him.
(a) His feelings
2. At the concert, Jeff tries to resist the pull of the ______________, realizing the talent of the players.
3. Jeff doesn't care what's happening to him at school, because of _____________, "nothing could touch him."
(b) The Professor
(d) His guitar
4. The Professor talks to Jeff about how ____________ and helpless Melody made him feel when they were together.
5. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(c) Aunt Georgina
(d) Aunt Booty
6. What does Jeff see fly across the island as he is lingering on the island?
(c) Small plane
7. Melody introduces Jeff to the two women as the ________________ even though they did not know of him.
(a) Man that looks like his father
(b) Man in her life
(c) Son she is proud of
(d) Son she never wanted
8. What did Jeff bring back for Brother Thomas from Charleston when he visited his mother?
9. All the stars faded in the sky, except for one, ____________, the morning star.
10. The boyfriend tells Jeff that Melody married the Professor because she was ______________.
11. In what grade is Jeff when he finds out his mother has left him and his father, the Professor?
12. Jeff ends up ________________ on the beach, which leaves him feeling great.
13. What does Jeff ask the Professor when his letters to his mother and Gambo go unanswered?
(a) If letters get lost
(b) If the address is right
(c) If the Professor mailed the letters
(d) If his mother loves him
14. Melody's boyfriend tells her to not be any more ______________ "than you can help."
15. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ tells Jeff to go away because he is making her tried.
2. What does Jeff do in response to the offer of a new Christmas gift, though he explains his response later?
3. As Jeff was leaving the island, __________ did not watch him go.
4. What does Jeff decide to give to his father as a gift for Christmas this particular year?
5. When Melody does arrive at the airport, he is immediately stunned by her ____________ once more.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)