|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Professor takes Jeff to ________________, Jeff fears he will walk off down the beach and not return.
(a) Daytona Beach
(b) Panama City
(c) Ocean Beach
(d) Hilton Head
2. Where does Jeff wait for Melody to come to get him for breakfast?
(a) On the steps
(b) In the bathroom
(c) On his bed
(d) In the hallway
3. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
(d) Guitar concert
4. During what month does Melody decide to finally leave the Professor and Jeff?
5. In what grade is Jeff when he finds out his mother has left him and his father, the Professor?
6. The three women talk about the unfairness of _____________ as they continue to fill envelopes.
7. When the Professor retreats to his study after learning about Melody, what does he leave in the kitchen?
(a) A shoe
(b) His hat
(c) His coffee
(d) His briefcase
8. Melody's boyfriend tells her to not be any more ______________ "than you can help."
9. What does the Professor offer to buy for Jeff if Jeff isn't happy with his Christmas gift?
(a) A plane ticket
(b) A new pair of shoes
(c) A new guitar
(d) A car
10. When Brother Thomas asks if Jeff will go back to visit his mom, Jeff says _____________.
(a) He can't say
(d) He doesn't know
11. Jeff saw fishing boats off in the distance, though to him they looked like ___________.
12. Melody tells Jeff that Gambo has had ______________ and is very weak as a result.
(c) A broken back
(d) A stroke
13. Jeff, on the island, sees a world in which he is the only ______________ inhabitant.
14. Who is waiting to pick up Jeff when he arrives back home from his visit with Melody?
(b) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
15. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melody becomes upset with Jeff at first because everyone else has already _____________.
2. What does Jeff agree to do with Melody as he feels connected to her when he is going what she wants?
3. Who is NOT one of the relatives to which Melody introduces him?
4. Jeff continues to ___________ to Melody each and every month, even though she does not reply.
5. Jeff becomes talented at reading the Professor's ____________ and figuring out what he might want.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)