|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff realizes he can hear the joking between Thomas and the Professor and enjoy the conversation because of ____________.
(b) The Professor's love
(c) The house
2. What does Jeff ask the Professor when his letters to his mother and Gambo go unanswered?
(a) If his mother loves him
(b) If letters get lost
(c) If the Professor mailed the letters
(d) If the address is right
3. Melody takes Jeff into the city to show him how green and polluted the ______________ is.
(b) Local factory
(c) Ground water
4. What does Jeff decide to send to Melody for Christmas as he believes it is as perfect as his love for her?
(c) Song he wrote
5. Jeff finally decides that ________ someone means loving them even if they don't do what you want.
(c) Living with
(d) Be related to
6. After being at the beach, Jeff feels ___________ and at home, as if he had just woken from a deep, long sleep.
7. Who had finally talked to Gambo about Jeff coming out of the summer since there had been no response otherwise?
(a) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
8. Melody asks Jeff is life is very ____________ for him, though she then tells him not to answer and make her feel guiltier.
9. Jeff runs out of the room after receiving his gift, thinking that ___________ would be a terrible way to show how much he loved the gift.
10. ____________ used to tell Jeff that the Professor wasn't much of a father, which makes Jeff upset.
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
11. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
(d) Guitar concert
12. Then Melody tells Jeff that he is just like ______________ in the way that he waits for her to get him.
(a) A polite person
(b) A man
(c) A little boy
(d) His father
13. Melody's boyfriend refuses to bring Jeff to a party he is working that night. What is the profession of the boyfriend?
14. When the Professor takes Jeff to ________________, Jeff fears he will walk off down the beach and not return.
(a) Panama City
(b) Ocean Beach
(c) Daytona Beach
(d) Hilton Head
15. What does Jeff stop doing because he realizes the Professor likes order and routine?
(c) Doing his homework
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff becomes talented at reading the Professor's ____________ and figuring out what he might want.
2. When Jeff isn't home when Melody comes home for a bit, how does she feel toward him?
3. What kinds of guitars does Jeff confess to the professor that he would like to have?
4. Who comes for dinner the day after Christmas to eat with Jeff and the Professor?
5. Who is waiting for Jeff when he arrives at Gambo's house after Melody and her boyfriend drop him off?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)