|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff rejects the Professor's offer to buy him _____________ as he wants that link to be Melody's alone.
(a) A car
(b) Guitar lessons
(c) A plane ticket
(d) A bus ticket
2. ______________ tells Jeff to go away because he is making her tried.
(a) Miss Opal
3. Who raised Melody when she was growing up, as Jeff finds out during a lunch they share?
(c) Aunt Booty
(d) Aunt Georgina
4. Melody asks Jeff is life is very ____________ for him, though she then tells him not to answer and make her feel guiltier.
5. Jeff begins to read all that he can about _____________ in order to feel close to Melody.
(c) The South
6. What is the weather like when Jeff is sitting at the island before he leaves for his father's house?
7. What kinds of guitars does Jeff confess to the professor that he would like to have?
8. What does Jeff catch that the Professor does not notice to be a bad thing until something is seriously wrong?
(b) Food poisoning
(d) Chicken pox
9. What does Jeff write to Gambo after he arrives back in town from his trip with his mother?
(a) Thank you note
(b) A long letter
(c) A story
(d) A poem
10. What did Jeff use in order to get back to the mainland?
(b) His arms and legs to swim
(d) A surfboard
11. Jeff looks into the mirror and sees that he has his mother's ____________ eyes and this makes him feel better.
12. Who is NOT one of the groups of needy that Melody says she wants to help when she is away from the Professor and Jeff?
(a) HIV victims
(d) Hungry children
13. What does Jeff stop doing because he realizes the Professor likes order and routine?
(d) Doing his homework
14. Who is Melody's boyfriend who comes along to help pick up Jeff at the airport?
15. When Melody does arrive at the airport, he is immediately stunned by her ____________ once more.
(c) Haggard appearance
(d) Long hair
Short Answer Questions
1. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
2. Melody's boyfriend refuses to bring Jeff to a party he is working that night. What is the profession of the boyfriend?
3. During what month does Melody decide to finally leave the Professor and Jeff?
4. When the Professor takes Jeff to ________________, Jeff fears he will walk off down the beach and not return.
5. What does Jeff decide to send to Melody for Christmas as he believes it is as perfect as his love for her?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)