Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time was Jeff's plane supposed to leave, which gave him little time to make it?
2. Melody makes sure to say that she would never work for or be supported by ___________.
(a) A man
(b) A professor
(c) A white woman
(d) A Jew
3. Who pays for the lunch that Melody and Jeff share in a nice restaurant in town?
(c) A stranger
4. Jeff was once told that his father's ___________ department was in shambles because the Professor didn't publish.
5. For how many house does Jeff wait for Melody at the airport the second time he visits?
(a) 1 hour
(b) 1 week
(c) 1 day
(d) 2 hours
6. What does Jeff write to Melody after he arrives back in town from his trip with his mother?
(a) Long letter
(b) A poem
(c) Thank you note
(d) A story
7. What does Jeff write to Gambo after he arrives back in town from his trip with his mother?
(a) Thank you note
(b) A long letter
(c) A poem
(d) A story
8. What must Jeff hurry to do as he has stayed at the island for such a long time?
(a) Catch his flight
(b) Wash his clothes
(c) Find his mother
9. Jeff saw fishing boats off in the distance, though to him they looked like ___________.
10. Jeff decides he wants to be perfect in his _____________ for Melody.
11. What does Jeff decide to give to his father as a gift for Christmas this particular year?
(a) A book
12. Melody introduces Jeff to the two women as the ________________ even though they did not know of him.
(a) Son she never wanted
(b) Man that looks like his father
(c) Son she is proud of
(d) Man in her life
13. Jeff finally decides that ________ someone means loving them even if they don't do what you want.
(c) Living with
(d) Be related to
14. For what faith is Brother Thomas a brother in his order?
15. As Jeff was leaving the island, __________ did not watch him go.
(a) The moon
(b) The fishermen
(c) The bird
Short Answer Questions
1. Melody tells Jeff she is going out of town to take pictures at a ___________ with her boyfriend for a week.
2. Who had finally talked to Gambo about Jeff coming out of the summer since there had been no response otherwise?
3. Which airport does Jeff arrive at in order to meet with his mother when she picks him up for a visit?
4. What does Jeff see fly across the island as he is lingering on the island?
5. When the Professor retreats to his study after learning about Melody, what does he leave in the kitchen?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)