|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff catch that the Professor does not notice to be a bad thing until something is seriously wrong?
(a) Chicken pox
(c) Food poisoning
2. The Professors invites Jeff to go to a ____________ with him and Brother Thomas.
(a) Guitar concert
3. At what time was Jeff's plane supposed to leave, which gave him little time to make it?
4. When Brother Thomas asks if Jeff will go back to visit his mom, Jeff says _____________.
(a) He can't say
(d) He doesn't know
5. What does Jeff decide to give to his father as a gift for Christmas this particular year?
(a) A book
6. Who is waiting to pick up Jeff when he arrives back home from his visit with Melody?
(a) The Professor
(d) Brother Thomas
7. Who writes Jeff a note saying that they would be happy to see him come back for the summer?
(a) Aunt Georgina
(c) Aunt Booty
8. The Professor admits that Melody was often ___________ with him - first by his inability to first buy a big engagement ring and then buy a house.
9. What did Jeff find and put into his pocket to bring home with him?
(a) Sand dollar
(b) Ocean glass
(c) Green stone
10. The Professor decides they need a ________________ to help them take care of Jeff and the house.
(a) College student
11. Jeff saw fishing boats off in the distance, though to him they looked like ___________.
12. ______________ tells Jeff to go away because he is making her tried.
(b) Miss Opal
13. Jeff begins to read all that he can about _____________ in order to feel close to Melody.
(d) The South
14. What does Jeff ask the Professor when his letters to his mother and Gambo go unanswered?
(a) If the Professor mailed the letters
(b) If his mother loves him
(c) If the address is right
(d) If letters get lost
15. Jeff was once told that his father's ___________ department was in shambles because the Professor didn't publish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Professor tell Jeff more about in order to help him understand his background?
2. Jeff continues to ___________ to Melody each and every month, even though she does not reply.
3. What does the Professor offer to buy for Jeff if Jeff isn't happy with his Christmas gift?
4. At the concert, Jeff tries to resist the pull of the ______________, realizing the talent of the players.
5. When Melody comes to pick Jeff up, he is overwhelmed by her _____________, warmth and cheerfulness.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)