|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Jeff a note saying that they would be happy to see him come back for the summer?
(c) Aunt Booty
(d) Aunt Georgina
2. Where does Brother Thomas reveal he will be studying for the next year?
3. What does Jeff decide to make for himself for dinner in order to not upset the Professor?
(a) Hot dogs
(d) Macaroni and cheese
4. Who pays for the lunch that Melody and Jeff share in a nice restaurant in town?
(b) A stranger
5. The Professor talks to Jeff about how ____________ and helpless Melody made him feel when they were together.
6. What does Jeff decide to give to his father as a gift for Christmas this particular year?
(d) A book
7. ___________ wants to pour her life experiences into Jeff so he can carry them into his life.
(b) Aunt Georgina
(c) Aunt Booty
8. What must Jeff hurry to do as he has stayed at the island for such a long time?
(b) Find his mother
(c) Wash his clothes
(d) Catch his flight
9. Which animal impresses Jeff with its solitude as he looks out the window of the bus?
10. Melody becomes upset with Jeff at first because everyone else has already _____________.
(a) Let their food get cold
(d) Gone to work
11. Jeff rejects the Professor's offer to buy him _____________ as he wants that link to be Melody's alone.
(a) Guitar lessons
(b) A car
(c) A bus ticket
(d) A plane ticket
12. Who comes for dinner the day after Christmas to eat with Jeff and the Professor?
(a) Dr. Baker
(b) Brother Thomas
(d) Dicey Tillerman
13. While discussing the possibility of a trip to _____________, Jeff learns about the financial troubles Melody left.
14. Melody tells Jeff that she wouldn't leave him if she thought she had to ____________ about him.
15. After being at the beach, Jeff feels ___________ and at home, as if he had just woken from a deep, long sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the relatives to which Melody introduces him?
2. Melody makes sure to say that she would never work for or be supported by ___________.
3. What did Jeff realize he would miss as the night became darker and darker?
4. Who is Jeff's doctor that the Professor needs to call when Jeff becomes very ill?
5. When Brother Thomas asks if Jeff will go back to visit his mom, Jeff says _____________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)