|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melody tells Jeff that Gambo has had ______________ and is very weak as a result.
(b) A broken back
(d) A stroke
2. Melody introduces Jeff to the two women as the ________________ even though they did not know of him.
(a) Son she never wanted
(b) Man that looks like his father
(c) Son she is proud of
(d) Man in her life
3. What did Jeff find and put into his pocket to bring home with him?
(b) Sand dollar
(c) Ocean glass
(d) Green stone
4. The boyfriend tells Jeff that Melody married the Professor because she was ______________.
5. Where does Jeff wait for Melody to come to get him for breakfast?
(a) On his bed
(b) In the hallway
(c) In the bathroom
(d) On the steps
6. Melody asks Jeff is life is very ____________ for him, though she then tells him not to answer and make her feel guiltier.
7. At what time was Jeff's plane supposed to leave, which gave him little time to make it?
8. What does Jeff decide to make for himself for dinner in order to not upset the Professor?
(b) Hot dogs
(d) Macaroni and cheese
9. Melody says that she left the Professor because she was unhappy and tired of _______________.
(a) Pinching pennies
(c) Being a wife
(d) Being tied down
10. Over breakfast, ______________ reminds Jeff that he had invited himself to stay, which makes him feel uncomfortable.
(c) Aunt Booty
(d) Miss Opal
11. What does the Professor offer to buy for Jeff if Jeff isn't happy with his Christmas gift?
(a) A new pair of shoes
(b) A new guitar
(c) A car
(d) A plane ticket
12. _____________ apologizes to Jeff for allowing him to get so sick and for not scheduling regular check-ups.
(c) Brother Thomas
(d) The Professor
13. Which animal impresses Jeff with its solitude as he looks out the window of the bus?
14. What did Jeff use to carry a bundle of food with him to the island?
(a) His backpack
(b) A scarf
(c) His guitar case
(d) A brown paper bag
15. Jeff decides he wants to be perfect in his _____________ for Melody.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff sees himself as Melody's _____________, faithful no matter what.
2. What is the weather like when Jeff is sitting at the island before he leaves for his father's house?
3. Jeff becomes talented at reading the Professor's ____________ and figuring out what he might want.
4. Melody's boyfriend refuses to bring Jeff to a party he is working that night. What is the profession of the boyfriend?
5. ____________ used to tell Jeff that the Professor wasn't much of a father, which makes Jeff upset.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)