Short Essay Questions Key
1. What does Jeff, a second grader, find when he arrives home from school one early March day?
2. What is the reason that Melody gives to Jeff for leaving him and the Professor?
3. Why does Jeff make himself stop crying when he is reading the letter from his mother, Melody?
4. What is the picture Melody painted once that made Jeff wake up worried during the night?
5. What does the Professor do when he reads the note that was left for him from Melody?
6. What does Jeff do when he feels like crying in order to avoid making a scene with his father?
7. What are Jeff's first reactions to his mother when he sees her arrive at the airport in Charleston?
8. What is happening at the house where Melody says that she and Jeff need to stop?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)