Part 1, Chapter 1
• Jeff finds a note from his mother telling him she has left him and his father.
• Professor tells Jeff that his mom not being home won't make a difference.
• The Professor hires Jackson to help out with Jess.
• The Professor becomes friends with Brother Thomas.
• Dr. Baker comes over when Jeff is very sick.
• Jeff's mom asks Jeff to spend the summer with her. He accepts.
Part 1, Chapter 2
• Jeff is at the airport in Charleston, waiting for his mom.
• Melody, Jeff's mom, doesn't like that Jeff is like his father.
• Melody and Jeff explore the town together.
• Melody plays the guitar and sings for Jeff.
• Melody sends Jeff home on a bus instead of the plane, pocketing the extra money for herself.
Part 1, Chapter 3
• Brother Thomas picks Jeff up at the bus station.
• Jeff writes a thank you note to Gambo and a long letter to...
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)