Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1, Chapter 1 Abstract
* Jeff finds a note from his mother telling him she has left him and his father.
* Professor tells Jeff that his mom not being home won't make a difference.
* The Professor hires Jackson to help out with Jess.
* The Professor becomes friends with Brother Thomas.
* Dr. Baker comes over when Jeff is very...
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)