|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
2. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
3. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
4. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
5. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the biotic pyramid. What is it? How does it work? How does it relate to the land ethic? How does it relate to the balance of nature view?
Essay Topic 2
There are numerous examples of anthropomorphism in the book. Explain what this term means. Give at least five examples of how the author uses it. Discuss why he uses this technique.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Leopold's view of land health. What is his concept of land? What does he mean by land health? What are the competing views of land health amongst conservation scientists? Do we achieve land health? How?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)