|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
2. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
3. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
4. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
5. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the one thing that cheat grass is good for?
2. Why should a person never return to nature twice?
3. What does the narrator state is the main premise for ethics and the environment?
4. According to the narrator, why do people not go to Escudillo?
5. What is the best way to manage national parks according to the narrator?
6. The narrator compares puccoons to what other plant and why?
7. What are the three different values listed by the narrator that people have when it comes to nature?
8. Why does the narrator say that nobody knows all the terrain on top of the White Mountain?
9. According to the narrator, what do people need to do who are a part of recreational development?
10. Why does the State College want farmers to plant Chinese elms rather than cottonwoods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leopold uses specific plants and animals. Give at least five examples of specific plants and animals. Describe them and how he uses them. Explain why he uses them and not others.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Leopold's view of conservation. What is his definition? What does he consider the weaknesses of conservation? Strengths? Does economic progress and development balance with conservation? According to Leopold, which is winning? What does Leopold think needs to be done?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the biotic pyramid. What is it? How does it work? How does it relate to the land ethic? How does it relate to the balance of nature view?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)