Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Essay Topic 1
At different times in the book, Leopold talks about the extinction of plants or animals, either altogether or from a certain area. Describe two of these events - what they are, how they occur, or what plant or animal is involved. How do these events relate to Leopold's view of conservation?
Essay Topic 2
Leopold writes "The life of every river sings its own song". Discuss. What does he mean? How does it relate to the land ethic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Leopold's view of hunting. Include both duck hunting and fox hunting in your discussion. What does he mean by a corrupt sport? How does this relate to his views on conservation? The land ethic?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)