Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Essay Topic 1
Leopold states that the evolution of a land ethic is both emotional and intellectual. Discuss. What does he mean? What is the relative importance of each?
Essay Topic 2
Leopold writes that he is the "sole owner of all the acres [he] walks over". Discuss. What does he mean? What is the context within the book? Does he mean this literally? How does this relate to his view of land?
Essay Topic 3
Leopold writes "The life of every river sings its own song". Discuss. What does he mean? How does it relate to the land ethic?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)