Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the biotic pyramid. What is it? How does it work? How does it relate to the land ethic? How does it relate to the balance of nature view?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss invasive species. What are they? How do they develop? Give specific examples. How do they relate to the Leopold's views on conservation? The land ethic? Does Leopold consider them harmful? Helpful? A combination?
Essay Topic 3
Leopold writes that what people involve in recreational development of the wilderness needs to build receptivity into peoples' minds and make them want to protect nature and appreciate it, without the roads that damage it. Discuss. What does he mean? How does this relate to his views on conservation? The land ethic?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)