Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Leopold describes his travels to some specific areas. Choose one of these. Describe the area that is involved and what the environment is. Why does Leopold include this specific area? How does this relate to his land ethic?
Discuss the role of governmental policies and regulations with respect to wildlife and wilderness. Are the policies consistent? What interests do they mean to protect - wildlife or people? Or does it depend on the circumstances? What are Leopold's views? Use the migratory birds and grizzly bears as examples.
Discuss invasive species. What are they? How do they develop? Give specific examples. How do they relate to the Leopold's views on conservation? The land ethic? Does Leopold consider them harmful? Helpful? A combination?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)