|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals are National Parks not able to protect?
2. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
3. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
4. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
5. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure of the book. What are the three major sections of the book? Describe each section briefly. Why do you think the book is divided in this manner? What purpose does this serve for the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Leopold's view of conservation. What is his definition? What does he consider the weaknesses of conservation? Strengths? Does economic progress and development balance with conservation? According to Leopold, which is winning? What does Leopold think needs to be done?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Leopold's view of wilderness recreation. How does this fit with his land ethic? What is the value of this type of recreation to people? What are his five components of the recreational process?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)