Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Leopold writes "The life of every river sings its own song". Discuss. What does he mean? How does it relate to the land ethic?
Discuss Leopold's land ethic. Be sure to include a discussion of the following: ethics in general, what the land ethic is, the reason why he developes this ethic, the premises behind the land ethic, and the implications of the land ethic for people.
Leopold states that the evolution of a land ethic is both emotional and intellectual. Discuss. What does he mean? What is the relative importance of each?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)