|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
2. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
3. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
4. In Chapter 13, the narrator discusses the extinction of what?
5. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Leopold's view of conservation. What is his definition? What does he consider the weaknesses of conservation? Strengths? Does economic progress and development balance with conservation? According to Leopold, which is winning? What does Leopold think needs to be done?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss invasive species. What are they? How do they develop? Give specific examples. How do they relate to the Leopold's views on conservation? The land ethic? Does Leopold consider them harmful? Helpful? A combination?
Essay Topic 3
Leopold writes that what people involve in recreational development of the wilderness needs to build receptivity into peoples' minds and make them want to protect nature and appreciate it, without the roads that damage it. Discuss. What does he mean? How does this relate to his views on conservation? The land ethic?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)