Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Essay Topic 1
Leopold writes that he is the "sole owner of all the acres [he] walks over". Discuss. What does he mean? What is the context within the book? Does he mean this literally? How does this relate to his view of land?
Essay Topic 2
Leopold writes that what people involve in recreational development of the wilderness needs to build receptivity into peoples' minds and make them want to protect nature and appreciate it, without the roads that damage it. Discuss. What does he mean? How does this relate to his views on conservation? The land ethic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Leopold's view of wildlife in American culture. What are the three different values that people have when it comes to nature? Which are most important and why? What roles do wildlife managers and administrators play?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)