|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Leopold's view of land health. What is his concept of land? What does he mean by land health? What are the competing views of land health amongst conservation scientists? Do we achieve land health? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Leopold's view of wildlife in American culture. What are the three different values that people have when it comes to nature? Which are most important and why? What roles do wildlife managers and administrators play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the structure of the book. What are the three major sections of the book? Describe each section briefly. Why do you think the book is divided in this manner? What purpose does this serve for the reader?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)