|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
2. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
3. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
4. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
5. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leopold writes that what people involve in recreational development of the wilderness needs to build receptivity into peoples' minds and make them want to protect nature and appreciate it, without the roads that damage it. Discuss. What does he mean? How does this relate to his views on conservation? The land ethic?
Essay Topic 2
There are numerous examples of anthropomorphism in the book. Explain what this term means. Give at least five examples of how the author uses it. Discuss why he uses this technique.
Essay Topic 3
Leopold uses specific plants and animals. Give at least five examples of specific plants and animals. Describe them and how he uses them. Explain why he uses them and not others.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)