|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) Less prosperity.
(b) Loss of excitement.
(c) More predictability.
2. What are the fastest shrinking wilderness areas?
3. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
(d) Cliffs and slopes.
4. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
5. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
(a) The Porterville.
(b) The Sasquehena.
(c) The Flambeau.
(d) The Wisconsin River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
2. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
3. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
4. Who does the the state send to kill the bear?
5. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)