|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals are National Parks not able to protect?
(a) Larger carnivores.
(b) Field mice.
(c) Migrating birds.
2. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
3. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
(a) The lack of education.
(b) The lack of economic importance.
(c) The lack of money.
(d) The lack of support.
4. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(a) Needed by people.
5. The narrator states that the level of violence on the land is directly related to what?
(a) The native plants.
(b) The health of the land.
(c) The native animals.
(d) Population density.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
2. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
3. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 14, what is the purpose of the farms they are passing by?
5. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the history of the area of White Mountain recorded?
2. What does the narrator state is the main premise for ethics and the environment?
3. The narrator states that State College is more concerned with beauty and ease than with what?
4. Why does the State Conservation Department buy back land along the Flambeau River?
5. What are the conditions that the narrator's father set when he gives the narrator permission to shoot partridges?
6. According to the narrator, what do people need to do who are a part of recreational development?
7. The narrator says that he thinks getting rid of the wolves means more deer, but this isn't the case in the long run. Why?
8. What two ideas that are part of the split-rail value does the narrator say the pioneer period creates?
9. Why does the narrator say that nobody knows all the terrain on top of the White Mountain?
10. According to the narrator, what is the one thing that cheat grass is good for?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)