|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
(b) The State Department of Fish and Game.
(c) The federal government.
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(a) Mass use.
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
(a) Try to fish.
(b) Make it bigger.
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
(a) A rabbit.
(c) A duck.
(d) A deer.
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
2. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
3. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
4. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
5. What steers the course of history, according to scientists?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)