|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(c) Needed by people.
2. What does the narrator call wildlife tourism?
(a) The wildlife management department.
(b) The what to do department.
(c) The where to go department.
(d) The nature department.
3. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A duck.
(d) A deer.
4. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
(a) The color.
(b) The origin.
(c) The style.
(d) The quality.
5. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To shoot rabbits.
(b) To shoot ducks.
(c) To learn how to shoot.
(d) To shoot squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
2. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
3. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
4. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
5. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are two problems that humans face with regards to the wilderness?
2. What is meant by invasive species?
3. Why does the narrator find that the sand farms aren't as poor as people think?
4. What does the narrator state is the main premise for ethics and the environment?
5. Why does the State Conservation Department buy back land along the Flambeau River?
6. What are the three different values listed by the narrator that people have when it comes to nature?
7. Why are public policies involved with outdoor recreation controversial?
8. According to the narrator, what do people need to do who are a part of recreational development?
9. According to the narrator, what is the one thing that cheat grass is good for?
10. The narrator says that he thinks getting rid of the wolves means more deer, but this isn't the case in the long run. Why?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)