|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
(b) A mammoth rock slide.
(c) A glacier.
(d) A volcano.
2. How many values does the narrator say that people have when it comes to nature?
3. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
(a) About 50%.
(b) About 90%.
(c) About 75%.
(d) About 25%.
4. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
(a) The lack of support.
(b) The lack of money.
(c) The lack of education.
(d) The lack of economic importance.
5. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The jackpine.
(b) The golden duck.
(c) The woodpecker.
(d) The clay colored sparrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
2. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
3. What is cachinilla?
4. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
5. Wildlife managers try to raise game in the wild by what means?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)