|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
2. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
(a) The Flambeau.
(b) The Wisconsin River.
(c) The Porterville.
(d) The Sasquehena.
3. What kind of tree does the State College want the farmers to plant?
(d) Chinese elm.
4. What animals are National Parks not able to protect?
(a) Larger carnivores.
(b) Field mice.
(c) Migrating birds.
5. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) A friend.
(b) Two college boys.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) A lost dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
2. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
3. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
4. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
5. Chapter 14 begins with a bus ride through which state?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)