|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
(a) Marsh area.
(d) More farmland.
2. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
(b) Bullets that kill many animals at once.
3. What governmental district does the bus pass through?
(a) State Conservation District.
(b) Red River Soil Conservation District.
(c) Iowa County Conservation District.
(d) Green River Soil Conservation District.
4. In Chapter 13, the narrator discusses the extinction of what?
(a) The crane.
(b) The draba.
(c) The passenger pigeon.
(d) The golden swallow.
5. When does the narrator buy a farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator believes that the conservation movement is the first step to acknowledging that there is an ecological necessity to establish a code of ethics for the environment and what?
2. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
3. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
4. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
5. The narrator says that professors serve what?
Short Essay Questions
1. The narrator says that he thinks getting rid of the wolves means more deer, but this isn't the case in the long run. Why?
2. What is the best way to manage national parks according to the narrator?
3. Why does the State Conservation Department buy back land along the Flambeau River?
4. According to the narrator, what do people need to do who are a part of recreational development?
5. Why are public policies involved with outdoor recreation controversial?
6. What does the narrator consider to be part of the tragedy of the extinction of the passenger pigeon?
7. What does the narrator state is the main premise for ethics and the environment?
8. Why should a person never return to nature twice?
9. What are the conditions that the narrator's father set when he gives the narrator permission to shoot partridges?
10. Where is the history of the area of White Mountain recorded?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)