|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
(c) Marsh area.
(d) More farmland.
2. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A deer.
(d) A duck.
3. What sport does the narrator think is very corrupt?
(a) Duck hunting.
(b) Fox hunting.
(c) Deer hunting.
4. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
5. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
(a) The federal government.
(d) The State Department of Fish and Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
2. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
3. What are the fastest shrinking wilderness areas?
4. Who does the the state send to kill the bear?
5. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two ideas that are part of the split-rail value does the narrator say the pioneer period creates?
2. Why are public policies involved with outdoor recreation controversial?
3. What are the conditions that the narrator's father set when he gives the narrator permission to shoot partridges?
4. What are the three different values listed by the narrator that people have when it comes to nature?
5. According to the narrator, what are two problems that humans face with regards to the wilderness?
6. The narrator says that he thinks getting rid of the wolves means more deer, but this isn't the case in the long run. Why?
7. According to the narrator, what is the one thing that cheat grass is good for?
8. According to the narrator, what do people need to do who are a part of recreational development?
9. According to the narrator, what is the numenon and what is its opposite?
10. How does peoples' ability to enjoy nature begin?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)