|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The sandwort.
(b) The spotted warbler.
(c) The grebe.
(d) The grouse.
2. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To shoot rabbits.
(b) To learn how to shoot.
(c) To shoot squirrels.
(d) To shoot ducks.
3. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(a) Rare plants and birds.
(b) The "perfect place".
(d) The wilderness.
4. Wildlife managers try to raise game in the wild by what means?
(a) Limiting the amount of wildlife that are killed.
(b) Limiting the length of the hunting season.
(c) Manipulating the environment.
(d) Limiting the types of guns that are used.
5. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
(a) A bird.
(b) An annimal.
(c) A tree.
(d) An atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
2. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
3. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
4. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
5. Who actually kills the bear?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)