|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
4. How many fish does the narrator catch?
5. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The yellow warblers.
(b) The plovers.
(c) The cardinals.
(d) The sparrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
3. How long do the blackberry bushes glow red?
4. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
5. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator consider to be part of the tragedy of the extinction of the passenger pigeon?
2. What two natural enemies do the plover and man have in common?
3. What are red lanterns and what are they used for?
4. Where do tamaracks grow?
5. How does the bur oak survive the prairie fires?
6. What conclusion does the narrator come to with respect to the lone goose?
7. What does the narrator call a real gift in his woods?
8. What does the narrator consider the "big deal" when he catches three trout?
9. What is the most basic principle of ecology according to the narrator?
10. Why does the State Conservation Department buy back land along the Flambeau River?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)