|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
2. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
(a) When the tamaracks turn gold.
(b) When the berries turn ripe.
(c) When the weather turns cold.
(d) When the rain starts.
3. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
4. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 4 months.
5. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
(a) With the sky.
(b) With a silt ribbon.
(c) With a green line.
(d) With an outline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
2. How long do birch trees usually live?
3. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
5. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
Short Essay Questions
1. With regards to hunting partridges, the narrator says that he and his dog have what kind of relationship?
2. How does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
3. When hunting partridge with his dog, the narrator stops and listens for what?
4. Why does the narrator like the time when it floods?
5. Where does the skunk trail go and what is the narrator's conclusion?
6. Why does the narrator consider the oak tree special?
7. Why does the narrator say that November is the month of the axe?
8. Where do tamaracks grow?
9. The narrator says that the migratory habits of the upland plover proves that nature knows what?
10. What are red lanterns and what are they used for?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)