|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Alder Fork.
(b) Prairie Stream.
(c) Sand County Creek.
(d) Sand County River.
2. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(c) Bur oak.
(d) Bur fir.
3. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
4. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Very slowly.
(b) Ambling along.
(c) Very rapidly.
5. Most geese travel in families of how many?
Short Answer Questions
1. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
2. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
3. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
4. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator call a real gift in his woods?
2. Why does the narrator consider the oak tree special?
3. What can people learn from animal tracks?
4. Why does the narrator say that most paintings become famous?
5. What does the narrator consider to be part of the tragedy of the extinction of the passenger pigeon?
6. What is the best way to manage national parks according to the narrator?
7. The narrator states that State College is more concerned with beauty and ease than with what?
8. What conclusion does the narrator come to with respect to the lone goose?
9. The narrator says that the only thing people hope for with respect to this painting is what?
10. What are the conditions that the narrator's father set when he gives the narrator permission to shoot partridges?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)