|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
2. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
(b) The federal government.
(c) The State Department of Fish and Game.
3. The narrator states that the level of violence on the land is directly related to what?
(a) Population density.
(b) The native animals.
(c) The native plants.
(d) The health of the land.
4. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
(a) Bullets that kill many animals at once.
5. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
(a) The type of guns being used.
(b) The cultural values of shooting.
(c) What is happening to the wildlife.
(d) The false advertisments.
6. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(b) Downy chess.
7. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bird.
(c) An atom.
(d) An annimal.
8. How many values does the narrator say that people have when it comes to nature?
9. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(a) Mass use.
10. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) More predictability.
(c) Less prosperity.
(d) Loss of excitement.
11. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(a) Degrading hay.
(b) Old alfalfa fields.
(c) Cheat grass.
12. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
13. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The draba.
(c) The dustwort.
(d) The hydrangea.
14. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
(a) The health of the land.
(b) The growth of invasive species.
15. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
(b) Summer rain storms.
(c) Summer snow storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
2. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
3. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
4. Who actually kills the bear?
5. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)