|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governmental district does the bus pass through?
(a) Green River Soil Conservation District.
(b) Red River Soil Conservation District.
(c) Iowa County Conservation District.
(d) State Conservation District.
2. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Degrading hay.
(c) Cheat grass.
(d) Old alfalfa fields.
3. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) Two college boys.
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) A friend.
(d) A lost dog.
4. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(b) Old alfalfa fields.
(c) Cheat grass.
(d) Degrading hay.
5. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(b) Downy chess.
6. When does the narrator buy a farm?
7. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
(a) Summer rain storms.
(b) Summer snow storms.
8. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
(a) The State Department of Fish and Game.
(b) The federal government.
9. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
(a) Recreational areas.
(b) Frontier areas.
(c) National Parks.
10. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
11. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
(b) A glacier.
(c) A mammoth rock slide.
(d) A volcano.
12. What is cachinilla?
(a) A drink.
(b) A bird.
(c) A shrub.
(d) An animal.
13. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(a) Mass use.
14. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(b) Needed by people.
15. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his fourth hunting season.
(b) In his third hunting season.
(c) In his first hunting season.
(d) In his second hunting season.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
2. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
3. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
4. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
5. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)