|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
(c) Gambel quail.
2. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
3. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
4. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
(a) The grouse.
(b) The bobcat.
(c) The thick-billed parrot.
(d) The geese.
5. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
(b) The growth of invasive species.
(c) The health of the land.
6. The narrator believes that the conservation movement is the first step to acknowledging that there is an ecological necessity to establish a code of ethics for the environment and what?
(c) National parks.
7. What are the fastest shrinking wilderness areas?
8. Who actually kills the bear?
(a) The state trooper.
(b) A local farmer.
(c) The government trapper.
(d) The bear shoots himself.
9. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) Two college boys.
(b) A friend.
(c) A lost dog.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
10. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An icewart.
(c) A duck.
(d) A squirrel.
11. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
(a) Bullets that kill many animals at once.
12. The top of the White Mountain is originally only accessible to whom?
13. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
14. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The golden duck.
(b) The jackpine.
(c) The woodpecker.
(d) The clay colored sparrow.
15. What sport does the narrator think is very corrupt?
(a) Deer hunting.
(b) Fox hunting.
(d) Duck hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that professors serve what?
2. What is cachinilla?
3. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
4. What is on top of the White Mountain?
5. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)