|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
(c) Gambel quail.
2. What sport does the narrator think is very corrupt?
(a) Deer hunting.
(c) Fox hunting.
(d) Duck hunting.
3. What does the narrator call wildlife tourism?
(a) The nature department.
(b) The wildlife management department.
(c) The what to do department.
(d) The where to go department.
4. In Chapter 13, the narrator discusses the extinction of what?
(a) The passenger pigeon.
(b) The draba.
(c) The golden swallow.
(d) The crane.
5. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
(a) About 25%.
(b) About 90%.
(c) About 50%.
(d) About 75%.
6. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
(a) Chinese elm tree.
(b) Pine tree.
(c) Cottonwood tree.
(d) Oak tree.
7. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The lakes.
(c) The cities.
(d) The sand counties.
8. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
(a) The White Mountain.
(b) The hunter.
(c) The deer.
(d) The farmer.
9. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
10. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) An icewart.
(c) A duck.
(d) A rabbit.
11. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
12. According to the narrator, the land ethic changes the role of humans from conquerors to what?
(b) Members of the biotic community.
13. According to the narrator, what bird is particularly liked among people in Wisconsin?
14. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
15. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
(a) The federal government.
(b) The State Department of Fish and Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fastest shrinking wilderness areas?
2. Recreation is an economic resource of the government, but the narrator believes that it also has what kind of component to it?
3. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
4. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
5. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)