|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator buy a farm?
2. What animals are National Parks not able to protect?
(b) Field mice.
(c) Migrating birds.
(d) Larger carnivores.
3. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(b) Mass use.
4. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
(a) For electricity.
(b) For preservation.
(c) For its use in dairy farming.
(d) For recreation.
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 14, what is the purpose of the farms they are passing by?
(a) To grow food.
(b) To make money.
(c) To preserve the land.
(d) To preserve a way of life.
6. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(b) Needed by people.
7. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
(a) The lack of education.
(b) The lack of support.
(c) The lack of money.
(d) The lack of economic importance.
8. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bird.
(c) An atom.
(d) An annimal.
9. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
(a) A duck.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) An icewart.
10. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
11. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(b) Downy chess.
12. Recreation is an economic resource of the government, but the narrator believes that it also has what kind of component to it?
13. How many values does the narrator say that people have when it comes to nature?
14. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
(a) Gambel quail.
15. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
(a) National Parks.
(b) Recreational areas.
(d) Frontier areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
2. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
3. What is cachinilla?
4. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
5. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)