|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his fourth hunting season.
(b) In his second hunting season.
(c) In his third hunting season.
(d) In his first hunting season.
2. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
3. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
(a) About 50%.
(b) About 25%.
(c) About 90%.
(d) About 75%.
4. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
(a) The type of guns being used.
(b) What is happening to the wildlife.
(c) The false advertisments.
(d) The cultural values of shooting.
5. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
(a) Frontier areas.
(b) National Parks.
(d) Recreational areas.
6. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
7. When does the narrator buy a farm?
8. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
(a) A duck.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A deer.
9. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(b) The wilderness.
(c) The "perfect place".
(d) Rare plants and birds.
10. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
11. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
12. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
(c) Bullets that kill many animals at once.
13. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(b) Needed by people.
14. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
(a) The dustwort.
(b) The draba.
(c) The hydrangea.
(d) All of the above.
15. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
(a) The style.
(b) The origin.
(c) The quality.
(d) The color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fastest shrinking wilderness areas?
2. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
3. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
4. According to the narrator, the land ethic changes the role of humans from conquerors to what?
5. Wildlife managers try to raise game in the wild by what means?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)