|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals are National Parks not able to protect?
(a) Field mice.
(c) Migrating birds.
(d) Larger carnivores.
2. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The golden duck.
(b) The woodpecker.
(c) The jackpine.
(d) The clay colored sparrow.
3. What sport does the narrator think is very corrupt?
(a) Fox hunting.
(c) Deer hunting.
(d) Duck hunting.
4. The narrator says that professors serve what?
(b) The wilderness.
(c) The environment.
(d) Their universities.
5. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
(a) An atom.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bird.
(d) An annimal.
6. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
7. What governmental district does the bus pass through?
(a) Green River Soil Conservation District.
(b) Red River Soil Conservation District.
(c) State Conservation District.
(d) Iowa County Conservation District.
8. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
9. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
10. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
(a) National Parks.
(c) Frontier areas.
(d) Recreational areas.
11. What is cachinilla?
(a) A drink.
(b) A shrub.
(c) A bird.
(d) An animal.
12. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
(a) A deer.
(c) A duck.
(d) A rabbit.
13. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
(a) The style.
(b) The quality.
(c) The color.
(d) The origin.
14. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) More predictability.
(b) Loss of excitement.
(d) Less prosperity.
15. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
(b) Make it bigger.
(c) Try to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
2. Wildlife managers try to raise game in the wild by what means?
3. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
4. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
5. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)