|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
2. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tree.
(c) An atom.
(d) An annimal.
3. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
(a) Frontier areas.
(b) National Parks.
(d) Recreational areas.
4. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
(a) The type of guns being used.
(b) The false advertisments.
(c) The cultural values of shooting.
(d) What is happening to the wildlife.
5. According to the narrator, the land ethic changes the role of humans from conquerors to what?
(b) Members of the biotic community.
6. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
(c) Gambel quail.
7. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
8. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
9. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
(a) Marsh area.
(d) More farmland.
10. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The grouse.
(b) The grebe.
(c) The spotted warbler.
(d) The sandwort.
11. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
(c) Make it bigger.
(d) Try to fish.
12. In Chapter 13, the narrator discusses the extinction of what?
(a) The passenger pigeon.
(b) The crane.
(c) The golden swallow.
(d) The draba.
13. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
14. Wildlife managers try to raise game in the wild by what means?
(a) Limiting the amount of wildlife that are killed.
(b) Limiting the length of the hunting season.
(c) Manipulating the environment.
(d) Limiting the types of guns that are used.
15. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(a) The wilderness.
(c) The "perfect place".
(d) Rare plants and birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
2. What steers the course of history, according to scientists?
3. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
4. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
5. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)