|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
(d) Cliffs and slopes.
2. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
(a) The growth of invasive species.
(d) The health of the land.
3. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
(a) What is happening to the wildlife.
(b) The type of guns being used.
(c) The false advertisments.
(d) The cultural values of shooting.
4. What does the narrator call wildlife tourism?
(a) The where to go department.
(b) The what to do department.
(c) The nature department.
(d) The wildlife management department.
5. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) Less prosperity.
(b) More predictability.
(d) Loss of excitement.
6. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
(c) Try to fish.
(d) Make it bigger.
7. Chapter 14 begins with a bus ride through which state?
8. What governmental district does the bus pass through?
(a) State Conservation District.
(b) Iowa County Conservation District.
(c) Red River Soil Conservation District.
(d) Green River Soil Conservation District.
9. When does the narrator buy a farm?
10. What is cachinilla?
(a) An animal.
(b) A drink.
(c) A bird.
(d) A shrub.
11. The narrator states that the level of violence on the land is directly related to what?
(a) The native animals.
(b) Population density.
(c) The native plants.
(d) The health of the land.
12. The narrator believes that the conservation movement is the first step to acknowledging that there is an ecological necessity to establish a code of ethics for the environment and what?
(b) National parks.
13. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The hydrangea.
(c) The draba.
(d) The dustwort.
14. The top of the White Mountain is originally only accessible to whom?
15. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lost dog.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Two college boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
2. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
3. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
4. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
5. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)