|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
2. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
(a) The false advertisments.
(b) The cultural values of shooting.
(c) What is happening to the wildlife.
(d) The type of guns being used.
3. The narrator believes that the conservation movement is the first step to acknowledging that there is an ecological necessity to establish a code of ethics for the environment and what?
(c) National parks.
4. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(d) Mass use.
5. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his third hunting season.
(b) In his first hunting season.
(c) In his fourth hunting season.
(d) In his second hunting season.
6. When does the narrator buy a farm?
7. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
8. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(a) Needed by people.
9. According to the narrator, what is the main weakness for conservation?
(a) The lack of economic importance.
(b) The lack of education.
(c) The lack of money.
(d) The lack of support.
10. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To shoot squirrels.
(b) To shoot ducks.
(c) To learn how to shoot.
(d) To shoot rabbits.
11. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
12. According to the narrator in Chapter 14, what is the purpose of the farms they are passing by?
(a) To make money.
(b) To preserve the land.
(c) To grow food.
(d) To preserve a way of life.
13. What steers the course of history, according to scientists?
(c) Plant succession.
14. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
(d) Gambel quail.
15. What does the narrator call wildlife tourism?
(a) The where to go department.
(b) The nature department.
(c) The what to do department.
(d) The wildlife management department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
2. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
3. According to the narrator, the land ethic changes the role of humans from conquerors to what?
4. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
5. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)