|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
(a) An annimal.
(b) An atom.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tree.
2. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
(c) The State Department of Fish and Game.
(d) The federal government.
3. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
(a) The White Mountain.
(b) The deer.
(c) The hunter.
(d) The farmer.
4. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
(b) Summer snow storms.
(c) Summer rain storms.
5. What is cachinilla?
(a) An animal.
(b) A bird.
(c) A shrub.
(d) A drink.
6. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
(a) The origin.
(b) The quality.
(c) The style.
(d) The color.
7. Recreation is an economic resource of the government, but the narrator believes that it also has what kind of component to it?
8. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
9. What does the narrator call wildlife tourism?
(a) The where to go department.
(b) The nature department.
(c) The what to do department.
(d) The wildlife management department.
10. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Cheat grass.
(c) Degrading hay.
(d) Old alfalfa fields.
11. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
(a) Oak tree.
(b) Pine tree.
(c) Cottonwood tree.
(d) Chinese elm tree.
12. What steers the course of history, according to scientists?
(c) Plant succession.
13. What sport does the narrator think is very corrupt?
(a) Duck hunting.
(c) Deer hunting.
(d) Fox hunting.
14. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
15. When does the narrator buy a farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
2. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
3. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
4. What governmental district does the bus pass through?
5. When the narrator goes with his brother to the Colorado Delta, they camp on an estuary near the place where what bird roosts?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)