|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) A lost dog.
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) A friend.
(d) Two college boys.
2. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
(a) The false advertisments.
(b) The type of guns being used.
(c) What is happening to the wildlife.
(d) The cultural values of shooting.
3. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
4. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
(a) About 75%.
(b) About 50%.
(c) About 25%.
(d) About 90%.
5. What is on top of the White Mountain?
(b) A desert.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A boneyard.
6. What are the fastest shrinking wilderness areas?
7. When does the narrator buy a farm?
8. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
9. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
10. What is cachinilla?
(a) A shrub.
(b) An animal.
(c) A bird.
(d) A drink.
11. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
(a) For preservation.
(b) For electricity.
(c) For recreation.
(d) For its use in dairy farming.
12. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
(c) More farmland.
(d) Marsh area.
13. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
(a) The grouse.
(b) The geese.
(c) The thick-billed parrot.
(d) The bobcat.
14. The narrator believes that conservation is the state of harmony between the land and what?
15. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(b) Cheat grass.
(c) Old alfalfa fields.
(d) Degrading hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
2. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
3. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
4. The narrator says that professors serve what?
5. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)