|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
(a) Make a plan of what to do.
(b) Walk between berry bushes.
(c) Walk along the path at the marsh.
(d) Walk through the mountains.
2. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The presence or absence of coons.
(b) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(c) The size of the deer.
(d) The number of other animals that are nearby.
3. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) When they hear noises.
(b) Once day breaks.
(c) When they wake up.
(d) Mid morning.
4. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
(a) With an outline.
(b) With a silt ribbon.
(c) With a green line.
(d) With the sky.
5. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
6. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(c) Lack of food.
7. How long does it take to finish the painting?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
8. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
9. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The field.
(b) The forest.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The graveyard.
10. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
11. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
(a) Whenever he wants.
(b) Whenever he comes to the area.
(c) A limited number of times.
(d) Only once.
12. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where the female bird is.
(b) When it occurs.
(c) How long it lasts.
(d) Where it ends.
13. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) The Pleistocene era.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The Ice Age.
14. How many fish does the narrator catch?
15. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Returning to where they are born.
(b) International commerce.
(c) Flying long distances.
(d) Eating while flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
2. How long do the blackberry bushes glow red?
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
4. How long do pine trees usually live?
5. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)