|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
2. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Prairie Stream.
(b) Sand County Creek.
(c) Sand County River.
(d) Alder Fork.
3. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the end of summer.
(b) When their chicks are grown.
(c) When the air turns too cool for them.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
4. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near graveyards.
(b) In the prairies.
(c) In a botany book.
(d) In areas near riverbanks.
5. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(a) A person.
(d) A storm.
6. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird nestings.
(b) Plant growth.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) Bird migrations.
7. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
(a) Central America.
(d) The South Pole.
8. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
9. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
10. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
(a) Walk through the mountains.
(b) Walk along the path at the marsh.
(c) Walk between berry bushes.
(d) Make a plan of what to do.
11. What is silphium?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) A weed.
12. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) So his neighbor can get to work.
(b) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(c) To get back to his house.
(d) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
13. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
(a) Bur Oak.
14. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
15. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to finish the painting?
2. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
3. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
4. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
5. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)