Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To get food.
(b) It senses danger.
(c) It likes people.
(d) To investigate the noise.
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Throughout the world.
(b) Only in the western hemisphere.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
3. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One second.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) One minutes.
(d) Five seconds.
4. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) Under buildings.
(b) In tunnels in the ground.
(c) In tree trunks.
(d) In tunnels in the snow.
5. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(c) Horned owls.
6. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Alder Fork.
(b) Sand County River.
(c) Sand County Creek.
(d) Prairie Stream.
7. What saves the plovers?
(a) Federal migratory bird laws.
(b) Local gun laws.
(c) The plovers move to other areas.
(d) Federal habitat laws.
8. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
(c) All the above.
9. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
10. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of their color.
(b) Because they are so numerous.
(c) Because of allergies.
(d) Because of where they grow.
11. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The field.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) The forest.
(d) The graveyard.
12. Most geese travel in families of how many?
13. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
14. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At a pile of driftwood.
(b) At the bottom of the tree.
(c) At the edge of the river.
(d) In the field.
15. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
(a) Near a fallen tree.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In the direction of the wind.
(d) In the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
2. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
3. How many miles do the geese travel?
4. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)