|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fish does the narrator catch?
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) When it occurs.
(b) How long it lasts.
(c) Where it ends.
(d) Where the female bird is.
3. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(b) It has a purple color.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It gives shade.
4. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
(a) People tracks.
(b) Animal tracks.
(c) Tire tracks.
(d) There are no tracks in the painting.
5. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(c) Prairie dogs.
6. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
(a) With the sky.
(b) With an outline.
(c) With a green line.
(d) With a silt ribbon.
7. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(a) The author's travels.
(d) The author's theories.
8. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
(a) It has beautiful leaves.
(b) It provides food for his grouse.
(c) It grows tall.
(d) It has lovely colors.
9. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(c) A person.
(d) A storm.
10. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
11. How long do birch trees usually live?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 50 years.
12. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
13. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
14. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Two seconds.
(b) One minutes.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) One second.
15. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
2. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
5. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)