|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do pine trees usually live?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where it ends.
(b) Where the female bird is.
(c) When it occurs.
(d) How long it lasts.
3. What or who kills the oak tree?
(a) Burrowing animals.
(b) Ice storm.
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) The forest.
(b) Nowhere, they drown.
(c) Higher land.
(d) The prairie.
5. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
(a) Whenever he comes to the area.
(b) Only once.
(c) A limited number of times.
(d) Whenever he wants.
6. What is silphium?
(b) A flower.
(c) A tree.
(d) A weed.
7. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With silence.
(b) With prairie dogs barking.
(c) With birds singing.
(d) With rain.
8. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a millenium.
(b) Probably a year.
(c) Probably five years.
(d) Probably a decade.
9. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
(a) On the ground.
(b) Near a fallen tree.
(c) In the tree.
(d) In the direction of the wind.
10. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
11. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
(a) Sing only part of the time.
(b) Sing all the time.
(c) Sing only in the evening.
(d) Sing long songs.
12. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
13. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
14. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(c) Bur fir.
(d) Bur oak.
15. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
2. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
3. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
4. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
5. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)