|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fish does the narrator catch?
2. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
3. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(c) Only in the western hemisphere.
(d) Throughout the world.
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably five years.
(b) Probably a decade.
(c) Probably a year.
(d) Probably a millenium.
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Very rapidly.
(b) Very slowly.
(d) Ambling along.
6. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(a) Lack of food.
7. Where do plovers nest?
(b) Under the ground.
8. How long do pine trees usually live?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
9. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of their color.
(b) Because they are so numerous.
(c) Because of where they grow.
(d) Because of allergies.
10. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
11. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
(a) The chickadees.
(b) The coons.
(c) The bears.
(d) The wood ducks.
12. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
(b) A clear color.
(c) An overlay of blue.
13. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
(a) Walk between berry bushes.
(b) Walk along the path at the marsh.
(c) Make a plan of what to do.
(d) Walk through the mountains.
14. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
(a) The grouse.
(b) The young golden tamaracks.
(c) His dog.
(d) The countryside.
15. What or who kills the oak tree?
(b) Burrowing animals.
(d) Ice storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to finish the painting?
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
4. Most hunters don't know that the partridge likes to hang around what bush?
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)