Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) The neighbor's tractor.
(c) A tree falling.
(d) Animals moving.
2. Most hunters don't know that the partridge likes to hang around what bush?
(a) Blueberry bush.
(b) Blackberry bush.
(c) Raspberry bush.
(d) Cranberry bush.
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It won't attract the female.
(b) It has short legs.
(c) It is afraid it gets caught.
(d) Its wings are too long.
4. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
(a) The full moon in April.
(b) After the first rain in April.
(c) The first warm evening in April.
(d) One evening in April.
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
6. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The size of the deer.
(b) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(c) The presence or absence of coons.
(d) The number of other animals that are nearby.
7. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
8. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) Outside under the house.
(b) In the forest.
(d) In the garage.
9. What saves the plovers?
(a) Federal migratory bird laws.
(b) Local gun laws.
(c) Federal habitat laws.
(d) The plovers move to other areas.
10. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
11. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) When their chicks are grown.
(b) At the end of summer.
(c) When the air turns too cool for them.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
12. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
(a) The January thaw.
(b) The January snow.
(c) The midwinter blizzards.
(d) The ice storms.
13. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
14. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
(b) Time limits.
15. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
(a) When the tamaracks turn gold.
(b) When the berries turn ripe.
(c) When the rain starts.
(d) When the weather turns cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
2. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
3. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
4. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
5. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)