Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1, January
1. What is the main argument of this book?
2. What can people learn from animal tracks?
3. How does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
4. Where does the skunk trail go and what is the narrator's conclusion?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2, February and Chapter 3, March
5. Why does the narrator consider the oak tree special?
6. What happens when the narrator cuts down the oak tree?
7. What distinction does the narrator make between...
This section contains 916 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)