|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The Pleistocene era.
2. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The White Mountain.
(c) The hunter.
(d) The deer.
3. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The cities.
(c) The sand counties.
(d) The lakes.
4. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
5. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(a) The author's theories.
(b) The author's travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
2. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
5. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)