|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(a) The wilderness.
(c) The "perfect place".
(d) Rare plants and birds.
2. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
3. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(b) Loss of excitement.
(c) More predictability.
(d) Less prosperity.
4. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One second.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) One minutes.
5. How long do birch trees usually live?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
2. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
3. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
4. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
5. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)