|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Nowhere, they drown.
(b) The prairie.
(c) Higher land.
(d) The forest.
2. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near riverbanks.
(b) In a botany book.
(c) In the prairies.
(d) In areas near graveyards.
3. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(b) Downy chess.
4. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) Loss of excitement.
(b) Less prosperity.
(c) More predictability.
5. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
2. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
3. How long does it take to finish the painting?
4. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
5. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)