|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) Less prosperity.
(b) More predictability.
(d) Loss of excitement.
2. Most hunters don't know that the partridge likes to hang around what bush?
(a) Blueberry bush.
(b) Cranberry bush.
(c) Raspberry bush.
(d) Blackberry bush.
3. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(b) Cheat grass.
(c) Old alfalfa fields.
(d) Degrading hay.
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Cheat grass.
(c) Roaming cattle.
5. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
2. What is on top of the White Mountain?
3. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
4. What is silphium?
5. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)