|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird migrations.
(b) Animal tracks.
(c) Bird nestings.
(d) Plant growth.
2. What is on top of the White Mountain?
(a) A desert.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A boneyard.
3. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The golden duck.
(b) The clay colored sparrow.
(c) The jackpine.
(d) The woodpecker.
4. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(b) Prairie flower.
5. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The lakes.
(c) The cities.
(d) The sand counties.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator believes that wildlife administrators are too busy figuring out what to shoot at rather than paying attention to what?
2. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
3. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
4. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
5. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)