|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
2. Wildlife managers try to raise game in the wild by what means?
(a) Manipulating the environment.
(b) Limiting the length of the hunting season.
(c) Limiting the types of guns that are used.
(d) Limiting the amount of wildlife that are killed.
3. How many fish does the narrator catch?
4. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(a) The "perfect place".
(b) The wilderness.
(d) Rare plants and birds.
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To investigate the noise.
(b) It likes people.
(c) It senses danger.
(d) To get food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main argument of this book?
2. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
3. What animal do the cured oak leaves feed?
4. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
5. How many miles do the geese travel?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)