|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
(a) Recreational areas.
(b) Frontier areas.
(c) National Parks.
2. Recreation is an economic resource of the government, but the narrator believes that it also has what kind of component to it?
3. What is the main argument of this book?
(b) Social conscience.
(c) Land ethic.
4. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
(a) From geese or coffee pots.
(b) From geese or other birds.
(c) From dogs or coffee pots.
(d) From owls or other birds.
5. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
(c) Try to fish.
(d) Make it bigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
2. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
4. Who actually kills the bear?
5. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)