|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
(a) The river.
(b) The visiting painter.
(c) The painter who lives on the land.
(d) The narrator himself.
2. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
3. How long do birch trees usually live?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
(a) Cliffs and slopes.
5. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
(a) More farmland.
(c) Marsh area.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
2. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
3. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
4. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
5. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)