|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
(a) The axe.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The shovel.
(d) The wind.
3. How many miles do the geese travel?
4. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) In tunnels in the ground.
(b) In tunnels in the snow.
(c) In tree trunks.
(d) Under buildings.
5. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
(a) The bobcat.
(b) The grouse.
(c) The thick-billed parrot.
(d) The geese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
2. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
3. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
4. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
5. In the narrator's view, wilderness is the raw material that man uses to create what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)