|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(b) Horned owls.
2. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
3. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
(a) On the ground.
(b) In the tree.
(c) Near a fallen tree.
(d) In the direction of the wind.
4. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) Its wings are too long.
(b) It won't attract the female.
(c) It is afraid it gets caught.
(d) It has short legs.
5. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
(a) The dustwort.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The hydrangea.
(d) The draba.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
2. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
3. The top of the White Mountain is originally only accessible to whom?
4. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
5. Where does the narrator go fishing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)