|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) When their chicks are grown.
(b) At the beginning of winter.
(c) At the end of summer.
(d) When the air turns too cool for them.
2. The narrator says that professors serve what?
(b) The environment.
(c) The wilderness.
(d) Their universities.
3. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) It senses danger.
(b) To investigate the noise.
(c) It likes people.
(d) To get food.
4. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
(a) The bobcat.
(b) The thick-billed parrot.
(c) The grouse.
(d) The geese.
5. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The sparrows.
(b) The yellow warblers.
(c) The plovers.
(d) The cardinals.
Short Answer Questions
1. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
2. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
3. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
4. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
5. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)