|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) In tunnels in the ground.
(b) In tree trunks.
(c) In tunnels in the snow.
(d) Under buildings.
2. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
(a) The January snow.
(b) The ice storms.
(c) The January thaw.
(d) The midwinter blizzards.
3. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The field.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The forest.
5. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Prairie flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
2. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
3. Where do plovers nest?
4. Most hunters don't know that the partridge likes to hang around what bush?
5. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)