|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A mammoth rock slide.
(c) A glacier.
2. What kind of tree does the State College want the farmers to plant?
(a) Chinese elm.
3. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
(a) In the direction of the wind.
(b) Near a fallen tree.
(c) On the ground.
(d) In the tree.
4. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) So his neighbor can get to work.
(b) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(c) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(d) To get back to his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
2. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
3. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
4. When does the narrator buy a farm?
5. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)