|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At the bottom of the tree.
(b) At the edge of the river.
(c) At a pile of driftwood.
(d) In the field.
2. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The 1200s.
(b) The Pleistocene era.
(c) The Ice Age.
(d) The 1800s.
3. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(b) Prairie dogs.
4. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The geese.
(b) The carp.
(c) The woodcock.
5. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
2. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
3. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
4. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
5. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)