|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) Under buildings.
(b) In tunnels in the ground.
(c) In tree trunks.
(d) In tunnels in the snow.
2. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) Their original breeding ground.
(d) The marshes of Sand County.
3. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
(a) The robin is silent.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In mid morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(c) Mass use.
5. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) People tracks.
(c) Tire tracks.
(d) There are no tracks in the painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
2. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
3. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
4. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)