|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are people not able to successfully control?
(a) The growth of invasive species.
(b) The health of the land.
2. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) Those who rent his land.
(b) The animals who live there.
(c) Those who visit him.
(d) His family who lives there.
3. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
(a) Finds another partridge.
(c) Stays where the partidge is.
(d) Walks away.
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) The prairie.
(b) Higher land.
(c) Nowhere, they drown.
(d) The forest.
5. How much of the woods and mountains is already taken up by mechanized recreation?
(a) About 75%.
(b) About 50%.
(c) About 25%.
(d) About 90%.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
3. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
4. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
5. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)