|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A duck.
(d) An icewart.
2. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) One-half mile.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
3. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
(a) Time limits.
4. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They are destroying crops.
(b) They get in the way.
(c) They are a nuisance.
(d) They like to eat them.
5. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
(a) The geese.
(b) The bobcat.
(c) The thick-billed parrot.
(d) The grouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is sportsmanship aimed at getting rid of?
2. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
3. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
4. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
5. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)