|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One second.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) One minutes.
2. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
(a) Try to fish.
(b) Make it bigger.
3. According to the narrator, wilderness for recreation is extremely what?
(c) Needed by people.
4. Most geese travel in families of how many?
5. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
(a) The bears.
(b) The chickadees.
(c) The wood ducks.
(d) The coons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
2. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
3. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
4. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)