|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, the narrator discusses the extinction of what?
(a) The draba.
(b) The passenger pigeon.
(c) The crane.
(d) The golden swallow.
2. How many fish does the narrator catch?
3. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
(a) Pine tree.
(b) Cottonwood tree.
(c) Chinese elm tree.
(d) Oak tree.
4. The narrator says that professors serve what?
(a) Their universities.
(c) The environment.
(d) The wilderness.
5. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
2. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
3. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
4. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
5. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)