|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(b) The size of the deer.
(c) The presence or absence of coons.
(d) The number of other animals that are nearby.
2. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(b) Bur fir.
(d) Bur oak.
3. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) The forest.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The field.
4. When does the narrator buy a farm?
5. Most hunters don't know that the partridge likes to hang around what bush?
(a) Raspberry bush.
(b) Cranberry bush.
(c) Blackberry bush.
(d) Blueberry bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
2. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
3. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
4. Most geese travel in families of how many?
5. What is the main argument of this book?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)