|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
(a) An overlay of blue.
(d) A clear color.
2. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
3. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(b) Loss of excitement.
(c) Less prosperity.
(d) More predictability.
4. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
(a) To allow farmers to raise chickens.
(b) To optimize hunting.
(c) Because they cause so many problems.
(d) To permit hikers to use the mountains.
5. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Prairie flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
2. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
4. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
5. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)