|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
2. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The cardinals.
(b) The yellow warblers.
(c) The plovers.
(d) The sparrows.
3. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his second hunting season.
(b) In his third hunting season.
(c) In his first hunting season.
(d) In his fourth hunting season.
4. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
(d) Cliffs and slopes.
5. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
(a) The lakes.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The cities.
(d) The sand counties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
2. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
3. When the narrator sees the air hole, what does he decide to do?
4. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
5. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)