|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 14, what is the purpose of the farms they are passing by?
(a) To preserve a way of life.
(b) To make money.
(c) To preserve the land.
(d) To grow food.
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
(b) Roaming cattle.
(d) Cheat grass.
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Being left behind.
(b) Human involvement.
(c) Animal involvement.
(d) Getting lost.
4. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(a) The author's travels.
(d) The author's theories.
5. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
2. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
3. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
4. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
5. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)