|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The top of the White Mountain is originally only accessible to whom?
2. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To shoot rabbits.
(b) To shoot ducks.
(c) To shoot squirrels.
(d) To learn how to shoot.
3. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With rain.
(b) With prairie dogs barking.
(c) With birds singing.
(d) With silence.
4. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) One-half mile.
(b) One mile.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Two miles.
5. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Old alfalfa fields.
(b) Degrading hay.
(d) Cheat grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
2. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
3. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
4. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
5. What animals do the grizzly bear eat in the spring?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)