|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(d) Horned owls.
2. According to the narrator, how many different components of the recreational process are there?
3. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To get back to his house.
(b) So his neighbor can get to work.
(c) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(d) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
4. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The marshes of Sand County.
(b) The north.
(c) The south.
(d) Their original breeding ground.
5. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1870s and 1880s.
(c) 1850s and 1860s.
(d) 1810s and 1820s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
4. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
5. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)