|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
(a) To allow farmers to raise chickens.
(b) To permit hikers to use the mountains.
(c) To optimize hunting.
(d) Because they cause so many problems.
2. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
(a) The river.
(b) The visiting painter.
(c) The painter who lives on the land.
(d) The narrator himself.
3. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the western hemisphere.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) Throughout the world.
(d) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
4. The top of the White Mountain is originally only accessible to whom?
5. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
(a) The Wisconsin River.
(b) The Porterville.
(c) The Sasquehena.
(d) The Flambeau.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
2. Chapter 14 begins with a bus ride through which state?
3. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
4. How long do the blackberry bushes glow red?
5. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)