|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The field.
(b) The forest.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The riverbank.
2. What kind of tree does the State College want the farmers to plant?
(a) Chinese elm.
3. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
4. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(c) Horned owls.
5. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
(a) The wind.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The axe.
(d) The shovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
2. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
3. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
4. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
5. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)