|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
2. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(a) Rare plants and birds.
(b) The "perfect place".
(c) The wilderness.
3. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
4. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Plant growth.
(b) Bird nestings.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) Bird migrations.
5. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
(a) Sing only part of the time.
(b) Sing only in the evening.
(c) Sing all the time.
(d) Sing long songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
2. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
3. What is the main argument of this book?
4. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
5. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)