|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
2. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(a) Lack of food.
3. What is the numeon of the Sierra Madre?
(a) The bobcat.
(b) The geese.
(c) The thick-billed parrot.
(d) The grouse.
4. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
(c) All the above.
5. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
2. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
3. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
4. Recreation is an economic resource of the government, but the narrator believes that it also has what kind of component to it?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)