|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
(a) Sing only part of the time.
(b) Sing long songs.
(c) Sing only in the evening.
(d) Sing all the time.
3. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
(a) A glacier.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A mammoth rock slide.
4. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
5. When does the narrator buy a farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
2. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
3. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
4. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
5. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)