|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
2. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
(a) More farmland.
(d) Marsh area.
3. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) The robin is silent.
(c) In the evening.
(d) In mid morning.
4. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To shoot squirrels.
(b) To shoot rabbits.
(c) To shoot ducks.
(d) To learn how to shoot.
5. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
(a) The Flambeau.
(b) The Sasquehena.
(c) The Wisconsin River.
(d) The Porterville.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
2. How do September mornings begin?
3. All the trees in the area date to what time?
4. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
5. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)