|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
(a) To allow farmers to raise chickens.
(b) To permit hikers to use the mountains.
(c) Because they cause so many problems.
(d) To optimize hunting.
3. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
(a) All the above.
4. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) One minutes.
(d) One second.
5. What kind of tree does the State College want the farmers to plant?
(a) Chinese elm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually kills the bear?
2. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
3. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
5. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)