|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(b) Horned owls.
2. What is silphium?
(a) A weed.
(b) A tree.
(d) A flower.
3. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
4. How long does it take to finish the painting?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
5. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
(a) From owls or other birds.
(b) From geese or coffee pots.
(c) From geese or other birds.
(d) From dogs or coffee pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
2. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
3. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
4. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
5. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)