|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the beginning of winter.
(b) When the air turns too cool for them.
(c) When their chicks are grown.
(d) At the end of summer.
2. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With silence.
(b) With birds singing.
(c) With prairie dogs barking.
(d) With rain.
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Bird nestings.
(c) Plant growth.
(d) Bird migrations.
4. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(a) A storm.
(d) A person.
5. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
2. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
3. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
4. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
5. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)