|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
(a) Less prosperity.
(b) More predictability.
(c) Loss of excitement.
2. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
3. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1200s.
5. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on top of the White Mountain?
2. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
3. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
4. How many fish does the narrator catch?
5. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)