|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
(a) Walk between berry bushes.
(b) Walk through the mountains.
(c) Make a plan of what to do.
(d) Walk along the path at the marsh.
2. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird migrations.
(b) Plant growth.
(c) Bird nestings.
(d) Animal tracks.
3. Most geese travel in families of how many?
4. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
5. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
2. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
3. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
4. What is the main argument of this book?
5. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)