|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 80 years.
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
4. Why does the narrator love the tamarack?
(a) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(b) It has beautiful leaves.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It gives shade.
5. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his third hunting season.
(b) In his first hunting season.
(c) In his fourth hunting season.
(d) In his second hunting season.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
2. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
3. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
4. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
5. All the trees in the area date to what time?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)