|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
(b) Prairie dogs.
2. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
(a) It has beautiful leaves.
(b) It grows tall.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It has lovely colors.
3. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To get back to his house.
(b) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(c) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(d) So his neighbor can get to work.
4. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 30 days.
5. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The sparrows.
(b) The cardinals.
(c) The yellow warblers.
(d) The plovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
2. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
3. How long do pine trees usually live?
4. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
5. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)