|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
(a) The narrator himself.
(b) The painter who lives on the land.
(c) The river.
(d) The visiting painter.
2. What saves the plovers?
(a) Local gun laws.
(b) Federal habitat laws.
(c) The plovers move to other areas.
(d) Federal migratory bird laws.
3. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
(b) Prairie dogs.
4. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
5. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
Short Answer Questions
1. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
2. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
3. What kind of tree does the State College want the farmers to plant?
4. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)