|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The golden duck.
(b) The woodpecker.
(c) The clay colored sparrow.
(d) The jackpine.
2. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(a) Horned owls.
3. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The cardinals.
(b) The sparrows.
(c) The plovers.
(d) The yellow warblers.
4. What saves the plovers?
(a) Federal habitat laws.
(b) Federal migratory bird laws.
(c) Local gun laws.
(d) The plovers move to other areas.
5. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(d) Prairie dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
2. How many fish does the narrator catch?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. What tree does the narrator have a bias towards?
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)