|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Two seconds.
(b) One minutes.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) One second.
2. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
(a) To permit hikers to use the mountains.
(b) To allow farmers to raise chickens.
(c) To optimize hunting.
(d) Because they cause so many problems.
3. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
4. How many fish does the narrator catch?
5. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
(a) The dustwort.
(b) The hydrangea.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The draba.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
2. Most geese travel in families of how many?
3. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
4. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
5. How long do pine trees usually live?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)