|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The plovers.
(b) The yellow warblers.
(c) The cardinals.
(d) The sparrows.
2. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his second hunting season.
(b) In his fourth hunting season.
(c) In his third hunting season.
(d) In his first hunting season.
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably five years.
(b) Probably a millenium.
(c) Probably a decade.
(d) Probably a year.
4. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) An icewart.
(d) A duck.
5. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The forest.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The field.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
3. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
4. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
5. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)