|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
2. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(a) Drainage ditches.
(b) Hay mowers.
3. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
(a) It has beautiful leaves.
(b) It provides food for his grouse.
(c) It grows tall.
(d) It has lovely colors.
4. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(b) Prairie flower.
5. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
(a) People tracks.
(b) Animal tracks.
(c) Tire tracks.
(d) There are no tracks in the painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
2. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
3. What does the bus pass through, after it passes State College?
4. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
5. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)