|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In mid morning.
(d) The robin is silent.
2. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The plants.
(b) The animal itself.
(c) The ground.
(d) The tracks.
3. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Very rapidly.
(b) Ambling along.
(d) Very slowly.
4. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
(a) When the weather turns cold.
(b) When the rain starts.
(c) When the berries turn ripe.
(d) When the tamaracks turn gold.
5. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It has a purple color.
(b) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(c) It gives shade.
(d) It provides food for his grouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, when he kills his first wolf what does he see in its eyes?
2. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
3. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
4. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
5. How long does it take to finish the painting?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)