|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Arizona and New Mexico.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where it ends.
(b) When it occurs.
(c) How long it lasts.
(d) Where the female bird is.
2. How many miles do the geese travel?
3. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Sand County Creek.
(b) Sand County River.
(c) Prairie Stream.
(d) Alder Fork.
4. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Eating while flying.
(b) Flying long distances.
(c) International commerce.
(d) Returning to where they are born.
5. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) When they hear noises.
(b) Once day breaks.
(c) Mid morning.
(d) When they wake up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
2. Getting up early is a vice of horned owls, stars, geese and what?
3. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
4. The narrator discusses the travel of what through time?
5. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)