|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
2. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Finds another partridge.
(d) Stays where the partidge is.
3. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The carp.
(b) The woodcock.
(d) The geese.
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a decade.
(b) Probably a millenium.
(c) Probably five years.
(d) Probably a year.
5. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Tire tracks.
(c) People tracks.
(d) There are no tracks in the painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
3. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
4. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
5. All the trees in the area date to what time?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)