|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It gives shade.
(b) It has a purple color.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It is nearly extinct in his area.
2. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Finds another partridge.
(d) Stays where the partidge is.
3. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
(a) Whenever he comes to the area.
(b) Whenever he wants.
(c) A limited number of times.
(d) Only once.
4. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of where they grow.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because they are so numerous.
(d) Because of their color.
5. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(c) The author's theories.
(d) The author's travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
2. What or who kills the oak tree?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
4. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
5. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)