|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a millenium.
(b) Probably a year.
(c) Probably five years.
(d) Probably a decade.
2. Most geese travel in families of how many?
3. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1850s and 1860s.
(c) 1810s and 1820s.
(d) 1870s and 1880s.
4. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
(a) When the tamaracks turn gold.
(b) When the berries turn ripe.
(c) When the rain starts.
(d) When the weather turns cold.
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Ambling along.
(b) Very rapidly.
(d) Very slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
2. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
3. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
4. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
5. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)