|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
2. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Animals moving.
(c) A tree falling.
(d) The neighbor's tractor.
3. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) Those who rent his land.
(b) Those who visit him.
(c) His family who lives there.
(d) The animals who live there.
4. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) He does it alone.
(b) A friend.
(c) His son.
(d) His neighbor.
5. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With prairie dogs barking.
(b) With silence.
(c) With rain.
(d) With birds singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
2. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
3. What is silphium?
4. What saves the plovers?
5. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)