|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) When they wake up.
(b) Mid morning.
(c) When they hear noises.
(d) Once day breaks.
2. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) The prairie.
(c) The forest.
(d) Nowhere, they drown.
3. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
(a) It has lovely colors.
(b) It has beautiful leaves.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It grows tall.
4. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
(a) The young golden tamaracks.
(b) His dog.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The grouse.
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To get back to his house.
(b) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(c) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(d) So his neighbor can get to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
2. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
3. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
4. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
5. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)