|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The north.
(b) The south.
(c) Their original breeding ground.
(d) The marshes of Sand County.
2. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
(c) A clear color.
(d) An overlay of blue.
3. What or who kills the oak tree?
(a) Burrowing animals.
(c) Ice storm.
4. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The geese.
(b) The carp.
(c) The woodcock.
5. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
(a) With a silt ribbon.
(b) With an outline.
(c) With a green line.
(d) With the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
2. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
3. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
4. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
5. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)