|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The 1200s.
(c) The Ice Age.
(d) The 1800s.
2. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
3. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where it ends.
(b) Where the female bird is.
(c) When it occurs.
(d) How long it lasts.
4. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Several years.
(d) A few days.
5. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(b) Prairie dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main argument of this book?
2. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
4. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
5. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)