|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) Once day breaks.
(b) Mid morning.
(c) When they hear noises.
(d) When they wake up.
2. How many fish does the narrator catch?
3. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The place where they hope to nest.
(b) The grass.
(c) The top of a tree.
(d) The same spot that he start in.
4. What saves the plovers?
(a) Local gun laws.
(b) Federal habitat laws.
(c) Federal migratory bird laws.
(d) The plovers move to other areas.
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(b) To get back to his house.
(c) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(d) So his neighbor can get to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
3. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
5. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)