|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Bird migrations.
(c) Plant growth.
(d) Bird nestings.
2. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 2 months.
3. Where do plovers nest?
(c) Under the ground.
4. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
5. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At a pile of driftwood.
(b) In the field.
(c) At the bottom of the tree.
(d) At the edge of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most geese travel in families of how many?
2. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
3. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
4. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
5. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)