|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
2. How long does it take to finish the painting?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
3. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The top of a tree.
(b) The grass.
(c) The same spot that he start in.
(d) The place where they hope to nest.
4. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(a) Hay mowers.
(d) Drainage ditches.
5. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(c) The author's theories.
(d) The author's travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
2. In the November chapter, the narrator's focus is on what?
3. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
4. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
5. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)