|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Prairie Stream.
(b) Sand County Creek.
(c) Sand County River.
(d) Alder Fork.
2. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
(a) It grows tall.
(b) It has lovely colors.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It has beautiful leaves.
3. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(c) A storm.
(d) A person.
4. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It is afraid it gets caught.
(b) It has short legs.
(c) It won't attract the female.
(d) Its wings are too long.
5. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) When the air turns too cool for them.
(b) At the end of summer.
(c) When their chicks are grown.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
2. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
3. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
4. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
5. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)