|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In the prairies.
(b) In areas near riverbanks.
(c) In a botany book.
(d) In areas near graveyards.
2. Getting up early is a vice of horned owls, stars, geese and what?
(b) Freight trains.
3. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) So his neighbor can get to work.
(b) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(c) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(d) To get back to his house.
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Ice Age.
(b) The Pleistocene era.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1200s.
5. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of where they grow.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because of their color.
(d) Because they are so numerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
2. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
3. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
4. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
5. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)