|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
2. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) Mid morning.
(b) Once day breaks.
(c) When they wake up.
(d) When they hear noises.
3. Why does the narrator love the tamarack?
(a) It provides food for his grouse.
(b) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(c) It gives shade.
(d) It has beautiful leaves.
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The forest.
(c) The field.
(d) The riverbank.
5. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(b) Horned owls.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
2. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
3. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
4. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
5. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)