|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With silence.
(b) With prairie dogs barking.
(c) With rain.
(d) With birds singing.
2. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
3. Where do plovers nest?
(b) Under the ground.
4. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) When their chicks are grown.
(b) At the end of summer.
(c) At the beginning of winter.
(d) When the air turns too cool for them.
5. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
(a) Walk between berry bushes.
(b) Walk through the mountains.
(c) Walk along the path at the marsh.
(d) Make a plan of what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go fishing?
2. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
4. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
5. What is the main argument of this book?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)