|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
(a) When the rain starts.
(b) When the berries turn ripe.
(c) When the tamaracks turn gold.
(d) When the weather turns cold.
2. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
(a) From geese or coffee pots.
(b) From dogs or coffee pots.
(c) From geese or other birds.
(d) From owls or other birds.
3. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
(b) An overlay of blue.
(c) A clear color.
4. What animal do the cured oak leaves feed?
(d) Wood ducks.
5. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1200s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
2. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
3. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
4. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)