|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because they are so numerous.
(b) Because of their color.
(c) Because of where they grow.
(d) Because of allergies.
3. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The place where they hope to nest.
(b) The same spot that he start in.
(c) The top of a tree.
(d) The grass.
4. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1870s and 1880s.
(b) 1830s and 1840s.
(c) 1850s and 1860s.
(d) 1810s and 1820s.
5. How long do the blackberry bushes glow red?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
2. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
3. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
4. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
5. What tree does the narrator have a bias towards?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)