|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who kills the oak tree?
(b) Ice storm.
(d) Burrowing animals.
2. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) Mid morning.
(b) When they wake up.
(c) When they hear noises.
(d) Once day breaks.
3. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
(a) From owls or other birds.
(b) From geese or coffee pots.
(c) From dogs or coffee pots.
(d) From geese or other birds.
4. How long do the blackberry bushes glow red?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
5. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
(a) With a silt ribbon.
(b) With the sky.
(c) With a green line.
(d) With an outline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
2. How long does it take silphium to mature?
3. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
4. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
5. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)