|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Tire tracks.
(c) People tracks.
(d) There are no tracks in the painting.
2. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
(c) Horned owls.
3. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(c) A storm.
(d) A person.
4. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(b) The author's travels.
(d) The author's theories.
5. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
(a) His dog.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The grouse.
(d) The young golden tamaracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
2. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
3. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
4. All the trees in the area date to what time?
5. Where does the narrator go fishing?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)