|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do plovers nest?
(a) Under the ground.
2. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1810s and 1820s.
(c) 1850s and 1860s.
(d) 1870s and 1880s.
3. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They get in the way.
(b) They like to eat them.
(c) They are a nuisance.
(d) They are destroying crops.
4. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) When it occurs.
(b) How long it lasts.
(c) Where the female bird is.
(d) Where it ends.
5. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the beginning of winter.
(b) At the end of summer.
(c) When the air turns too cool for them.
(d) When their chicks are grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
2. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
3. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
5. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)