|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of allergies.
(b) Because of their color.
(c) Because of where they grow.
(d) Because they are so numerous.
3. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(a) The author's travels.
(c) The author's theories.
4. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
(a) When the weather turns cold.
(b) When the berries turn ripe.
(c) When the rain starts.
(d) When the tamaracks turn gold.
5. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. People tend to ignore song birds that do what?
2. Where do plovers nest?
3. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
4. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
5. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)