|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They are destroying crops.
(b) They get in the way.
(c) They like to eat them.
(d) They are a nuisance.
2. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) He does it alone.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) A friend.
(d) His son.
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably five years.
(b) Probably a millenium.
(c) Probably a decade.
(d) Probably a year.
4. How many miles do the geese travel?
5. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
(a) A limited number of times.
(b) Only once.
(c) Whenever he wants.
(d) Whenever he comes to the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
2. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
3. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
4. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
5. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)