|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1850s and 1860s.
(b) 1810s and 1820s.
(c) 1830s and 1840s.
(d) 1870s and 1880s.
2. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) The 1200s.
(c) The Ice Age.
(d) The Pleistocene era.
3. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where the female bird is.
(b) How long it lasts.
(c) When it occurs.
(d) Where it ends.
4. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
(d) Bur Oak.
5. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
(a) Finds another partridge.
(b) Stays where the partidge is.
(c) Walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
2. Getting up early is a vice of horned owls, stars, geese and what?
3. Where does the narrator go fishing?
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
5. How long does it take silphium to mature?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)