|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(c) A person.
(d) A storm.
2. What is the main argument of this book?
(c) Social conscience.
(d) Land ethic.
3. How many fish does the narrator catch?
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a decade.
(b) Probably five years.
(c) Probably a year.
(d) Probably a millenium.
5. What saves the plovers?
(a) Local gun laws.
(b) Federal migratory bird laws.
(c) The plovers move to other areas.
(d) Federal habitat laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles do the geese travel?
2. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
4. Most geese travel in families of how many?
5. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)