|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do plovers nest?
(b) Under the ground.
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the western hemisphere.
(b) Throughout the world.
(c) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(d) Only in the United States.
4. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) His son.
(b) A friend.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) He does it alone.
5. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
(c) Prairie dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
3. Most geese travel in families of how many?
4. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)