|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
(a) The ice storms.
(b) The January thaw.
(c) The January snow.
(d) The midwinter blizzards.
2. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Sand County River.
(b) Sand County Creek.
(c) Prairie Stream.
(d) Alder Fork.
3. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) One minutes.
(c) Two seconds.
(d) One second.
4. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At a pile of driftwood.
(b) At the edge of the river.
(c) At the bottom of the tree.
(d) In the field.
5. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
2. What saves the plovers?
3. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
4. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
5. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)