|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because they are so numerous.
(b) Because of where they grow.
(c) Because of their color.
(d) Because of allergies.
2. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(c) Prairie dogs.
3. What is silphium?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(d) A weed.
4. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The geese.
(b) The carp.
(c) The woodcock.
5. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
2. What or who kills the oak tree?
3. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
4. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
5. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)