|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
2. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(b) Prairie dogs.
3. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At the bottom of the tree.
(b) In the field.
(c) At the edge of the river.
(d) At a pile of driftwood.
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) The field.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The forest.
5. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With birds singing.
(b) With silence.
(c) With rain.
(d) With prairie dogs barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
3. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
4. According to the narrator, how many times does a person view the same painting?
5. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)