|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(d) Prairie dogs.
2. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The same spot that he start in.
(b) The top of a tree.
(c) The grass.
(d) The place where they hope to nest.
3. How many miles do the geese travel?
4. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(a) A person.
(c) A storm.
5. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) When their chicks are grown.
(b) At the end of summer.
(c) When the air turns too cool for them.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
2. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
3. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
4. How long does it take to finish the painting?
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)