|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) Nowhere, they drown.
(c) The forest.
(d) The prairie.
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near riverbanks.
(b) In areas near graveyards.
(c) In a botany book.
(d) In the prairies.
4. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(a) Hay mowers.
(c) Drainage ditches.
5. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
2. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
3. What saves the plovers?
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
5. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)