|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At a pile of driftwood.
(b) At the bottom of the tree.
(c) In the field.
(d) At the edge of the river.
2. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Plant growth.
(c) Bird nestings.
(d) Bird migrations.
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(b) Bur oak.
(d) Bur fir.
5. How many miles do the geese travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
4. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
5. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)