|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They are a nuisance.
(b) They get in the way.
(c) They like to eat them.
(d) They are destroying crops.
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) When it occurs.
(b) Where it ends.
(c) How long it lasts.
(d) Where the female bird is.
3. Most hunters don't know that the partridge likes to hang around what bush?
(a) Blackberry bush.
(b) Cranberry bush.
(c) Blueberry bush.
(d) Raspberry bush.
4. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
5. What is the best way to hunt partridge?
(a) Make a plan of what to do.
(b) Walk through the mountains.
(c) Walk along the path at the marsh.
(d) Walk between berry bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fish does the narrator catch?
2. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
5. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)