|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
3. Where do plovers nest?
(d) Under the ground.
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The forest.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The field.
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) The neighbor's tractor.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) A tree falling.
(d) Animals moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
2. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
3. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
4. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
5. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)