|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At the bottom of the tree.
(b) In the field.
(c) At a pile of driftwood.
(d) At the edge of the river.
2. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
(a) The painter who lives on the land.
(b) The narrator himself.
(c) The visiting painter.
(d) The river.
3. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
4. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) The robin is silent.
(c) In the evening.
(d) In mid morning.
5. How many miles do the geese travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
3. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
4. In Adams County, October is the hunting season for what?
5. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)