|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Bur fir.
(d) Bur oak.
2. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(c) Prairie dogs.
3. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The 1800s.
4. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
(a) Stays where the partidge is.
(b) Finds another partridge.
(c) Walks away.
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves the plovers?
2. How long does it take silphium to mature?
3. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
4. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
5. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)