|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
2. How many fish does the narrator catch?
3. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
(a) The first warm evening in April.
(b) After the first rain in April.
(c) One evening in April.
(d) The full moon in April.
4. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
5. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) The forest.
(c) Nowhere, they drown.
(d) The prairie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
2. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
3. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
4. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
5. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)