|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) Its wings are too long.
(b) It is afraid it gets caught.
(c) It has short legs.
(d) It won't attract the female.
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(b) To get back to his house.
(c) So his neighbor can get to work.
(d) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Outside under the house.
(d) In the garage.
4. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Prairie flower.
5. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
5. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)