|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
2. What or who kills the oak tree?
(a) Burrowing animals.
(d) Ice storm.
3. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Ice Age.
(b) The 1800s.
(c) The Pleistocene era.
(d) The 1200s.
4. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
5. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
2. Where do plovers nest?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
5. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)