|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most geese travel in families of how many?
2. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
3. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) Under buildings.
(b) In tree trunks.
(c) In tunnels in the snow.
(d) In tunnels in the ground.
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) The prairie.
(b) Higher land.
(c) Nowhere, they drown.
(d) The forest.
5. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Returning to where they are born.
(b) International commerce.
(c) Eating while flying.
(d) Flying long distances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
3. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
4. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
5. What or who kills the oak tree?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)