|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It is afraid it gets caught.
(b) It won't attract the female.
(c) Its wings are too long.
(d) It has short legs.
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of their color.
(b) Because they are so numerous.
(c) Because of allergies.
(d) Because of where they grow.
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. Where does the narrator go fishing?
(a) Alder Fork.
(b) Sand County River.
(c) Prairie Stream.
(d) Sand County Creek.
5. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
2. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
4. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
5. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)