|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(b) To get back to his house.
(c) So his neighbor can get to work.
(d) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
3. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
4. What is silphium?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(d) A weed.
5. What saves the plovers?
(a) Local gun laws.
(b) Federal habitat laws.
(c) Federal migratory bird laws.
(d) The plovers move to other areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
3. All the trees in the area date to what time?
4. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
5. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)