|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) One minutes.
(c) One second.
(d) Two seconds.
2. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At the bottom of the tree.
(b) At the edge of the river.
(c) In the field.
(d) At a pile of driftwood.
3. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) When it occurs.
(b) Where it ends.
(c) How long it lasts.
(d) Where the female bird is.
4. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
5. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
2. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
3. What or who kills the oak tree?
4. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
5. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)