|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The top of a tree.
(b) The place where they hope to nest.
(c) The same spot that he start in.
(d) The grass.
2. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) The animals who live there.
(b) His family who lives there.
(c) Those who visit him.
(d) Those who rent his land.
3. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The geese.
(c) The woodcock.
(d) The carp.
4. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
5. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The field.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main argument of this book?
2. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
3. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
4. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
5. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)