|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a decade.
(b) Probably five years.
(c) Probably a millenium.
(d) Probably a year.
2. What is silphium?
(a) A weed.
(c) A tree.
(d) A flower.
3. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(a) The author's theories.
(d) The author's travels.
4. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Animal involvement.
(c) Human involvement.
(d) Being left behind.
5. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
3. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)