|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird nestings.
(b) Animal tracks.
(c) Bird migrations.
(d) Plant growth.
2. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Being left behind.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) Human involvement.
(d) Animal involvement.
4. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In a botany book.
(b) In areas near riverbanks.
(c) In the prairies.
(d) In areas near graveyards.
5. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Returning to where they are born.
(b) Flying long distances.
(c) Eating while flying.
(d) International commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles do the geese travel?
2. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
3. Where does the narrator go fishing?
4. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
5. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)