|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) The animals who live there.
(b) Those who visit him.
(c) Those who rent his land.
(d) His family who lives there.
2. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They are destroying crops.
(b) They get in the way.
(c) They like to eat them.
(d) They are a nuisance.
3. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 60 years.
4. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) A tree falling.
(b) The neighbor's tractor.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Animals moving.
5. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
2. What is silphium?
3. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
4. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
5. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)