|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) Its wings are too long.
(b) It won't attract the female.
(c) It is afraid it gets caught.
(d) It has short legs.
2. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 90 days.
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Human involvement.
(b) Being left behind.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Animal involvement.
4. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where the female bird is.
(b) Where it ends.
(c) How long it lasts.
(d) When it occurs.
5. How many miles do the geese travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
3. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
4. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)