|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) A tree falling.
(c) The neighbor's tractor.
(d) Animals moving.
2. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The field.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The forest.
3. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the end of summer.
(b) When the air turns too cool for them.
(c) At the beginning of winter.
(d) When their chicks are grown.
4. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The same spot that he start in.
(b) The place where they hope to nest.
(c) The top of a tree.
(d) The grass.
5. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The marshes of Sand County.
(b) Their original breeding ground.
(c) The south.
(d) The north.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
2. What saves the plovers?
3. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
5. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)