|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The sparrows.
(b) The yellow warblers.
(c) The plovers.
(d) The cardinals.
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
3. How many miles do the geese travel?
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1200s.
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) So his neighbor can get to work.
(b) To get back to his house.
(c) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(d) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves the plovers?
2. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
3. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
4. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)