|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird migrations.
(b) Plant growth.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) Bird nestings.
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near graveyards.
(b) In the prairies.
(c) In areas near riverbanks.
(d) In a botany book.
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Bur fir.
(b) Bur oak.
5. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The 1800s.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The Ice Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
2. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
3. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
4. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
5. Most geese travel in families of how many?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)