|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The carp.
(c) The woodcock.
(d) The geese.
2. How many fish does the narrator catch?
3. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The north.
(b) The marshes of Sand County.
(c) The south.
(d) Their original breeding ground.
4. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
5. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Two seconds.
(b) One second.
(c) One minutes.
(d) Five seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
3. What saves the plovers?
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
5. What or who kills the oak tree?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)