|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a decade.
(b) Probably a year.
(c) Probably a millenium.
(d) Probably five years.
2. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Bur oak.
(d) Bur fir.
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the garage.
(c) Outside under the house.
4. Most geese travel in families of how many?
5. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 30 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
2. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
4. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)