|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) When it occurs.
(b) How long it lasts.
(c) Where the female bird is.
(d) Where it ends.
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A month.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Several years.
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) The prairie.
(c) The forest.
(d) Nowhere, they drown.
5. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
2. Most geese travel in families of how many?
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
4. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
5. Where does the narrator go fishing?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)