|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(b) The author's theories.
(d) The author's travels.
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the western hemisphere.
(b) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(c) Throughout the world.
(d) Only in the United States.
3. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 90 days.
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a year.
(b) Probably a millenium.
(c) Probably a decade.
(d) Probably five years.
5. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) Under buildings.
(b) In tunnels in the ground.
(c) In tunnels in the snow.
(d) In tree trunks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
2. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
4. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
5. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)