|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) He does it alone.
(c) A friend.
(d) His son.
2. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
3. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Two seconds.
(b) One second.
(c) One minutes.
(d) Five seconds.
4. What is the main argument of this book?
(b) Land ethic.
(d) Social conscience.
5. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
2. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
3. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
5. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)