|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(a) The author's theories.
(b) The author's travels.
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(b) Only in the western hemisphere.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) Throughout the world.
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being left behind.
(c) Animal involvement.
(d) Human involvement.
4. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
5. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
2. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
5. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)