|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A month.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Several years.
2. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Very slowly.
(b) Very rapidly.
(d) Ambling along.
3. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) The forest.
(b) Higher land.
(c) The prairie.
(d) Nowhere, they drown.
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
2. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
3. What is the main argument of this book?
4. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
5. Most geese travel in families of how many?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)