|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Very rapidly.
(b) Very slowly.
(d) Ambling along.
2. Most geese travel in families of how many?
3. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) Only in the western hemisphere.
(c) Throughout the world.
(d) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
5. What is the main argument of this book?
(a) Social conscience.
(d) Land ethic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
2. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
3. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
5. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)