|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Eating while flying.
(b) Flying long distances.
(c) Returning to where they are born.
(d) International commerce.
2. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Plant growth.
(b) Bird nestings.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) Bird migrations.
4. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The north.
(b) Their original breeding ground.
(c) The south.
(d) The marshes of Sand County.
5. Most geese travel in families of how many?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles do the geese travel?
2. What or who kills the oak tree?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)