|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
2. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
(a) The ice storms.
(b) The January thaw.
(c) The midwinter blizzards.
(d) The January snow.
3. Most geese travel in families of how many?
4. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Flying long distances.
(b) International commerce.
(c) Returning to where they are born.
(d) Eating while flying.
5. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
Short Answer Questions
1. All the trees in the area date to what time?
2. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
3. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
4. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
5. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)