|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Bur oak.
(b) Bur fir.
2. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A few days.
(b) A month.
(c) Several years.
(d) A few weeks.
3. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
4. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
5. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1870s and 1880s.
(b) 1830s and 1840s.
(c) 1810s and 1820s.
(d) 1850s and 1860s.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
4. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
5. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)