|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(b) The author's theories.
(c) The author's travels.
2. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Bur fir.
(c) Bur oak.
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Bird migrations.
(c) Plant growth.
(d) Bird nestings.
4. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 60 years.
5. How many miles do the geese travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
4. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
5. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)