|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
(a) The place where they hope to nest.
(b) The top of a tree.
(c) The grass.
(d) The same spot that he start in.
2. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) His son.
(b) He does it alone.
(c) A friend.
(d) His neighbor.
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) In the garage.
(b) Outside under the house.
(d) In the forest.
4. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
5. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1810s and 1820s.
(c) 1870s and 1880s.
(d) 1850s and 1860s.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
2. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
3. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
4. Most geese travel in families of how many?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)