|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Outside under the house.
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. Most geese travel in families of how many?
4. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) Several years.
(d) A month.
5. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One second.
(b) Five seconds.
(c) Two seconds.
(d) One minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
2. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
3. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
4. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
5. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)