|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
(a) The first warm evening in April.
(b) The full moon in April.
(c) One evening in April.
(d) After the first rain in April.
2. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the forest.
(d) Outside under the house.
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird nestings.
(b) Plant growth.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) Bird migrations.
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(b) Bur fir.
(d) Bur oak.
5. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) In tree trunks.
(b) Under buildings.
(c) In tunnels in the ground.
(d) In tunnels in the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
2. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)