|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It has short legs.
(b) It is afraid it gets caught.
(c) It won't attract the female.
(d) Its wings are too long.
2. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1850s and 1860s.
(c) 1810s and 1820s.
(d) 1870s and 1880s.
3. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) The forest.
(c) Nowhere, they drown.
(d) The prairie.
4. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) One minutes.
(d) One second.
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 80 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
2. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
4. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
5. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)