|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
2. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It won't attract the female.
(b) It has short legs.
(c) Its wings are too long.
(d) It is afraid it gets caught.
4. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Bird nestings.
(b) Bird migrations.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) Plant growth.
5. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(c) Bur fir.
(d) Bur oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most geese travel in families of how many?
2. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
3. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
4. All the trees in the area date to what time?
5. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)