|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Two seconds.
(b) One second.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) One minutes.
2. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
(a) The ice storms.
(b) The January snow.
(c) The midwinter blizzards.
(d) The January thaw.
3. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
4. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His son.
(c) A friend.
(d) He does it alone.
5. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) A month.
(d) Several years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
4. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
5. What is the main argument of this book?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)