|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Ambling along.
(c) Very rapidly.
(d) Very slowly.
2. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Human involvement.
(c) Being left behind.
(d) Animal involvement.
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It won't attract the female.
(b) Its wings are too long.
(c) It has short legs.
(d) It is afraid it gets caught.
4. How many miles do the geese travel?
5. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
(c) The author's travels.
(d) The author's theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
2. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
3. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
4. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
5. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)