|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1200s.
2. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) Its wings are too long.
(b) It is afraid it gets caught.
(c) It won't attract the female.
(d) It has short legs.
4. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Human involvement.
(c) Animal involvement.
(d) Being left behind.
5. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The carp.
(b) The woodcock.
(c) The geese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
2. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
4. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
5. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)