Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, November.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
(a) The robin is silent.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In mid morning.
2. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
(a) The coons.
(b) The wood ducks.
(c) The chickadees.
(d) The bears.
3. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
(a) The tractor.
(b) The wind.
(c) The shovel.
(d) The axe.
4. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
5. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(b) It gives shade.
(c) It has a purple color.
(d) It provides food for his grouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fish does the narrator catch?
2. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
3. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
4. Where does the narrator go fishing?
5. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)