|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) How long it lasts.
(b) Where it ends.
(c) Where the female bird is.
(d) When it occurs.
2. To the superficial eye, the Gavilan region is hard, stony and full of what?
(c) Cliffs and slopes.
3. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his third hunting season.
(b) In his second hunting season.
(c) In his fourth hunting season.
(d) In his first hunting season.
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the western hemisphere.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(d) Throughout the world.
5. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) In the field.
(b) At the bottom of the tree.
(c) At the edge of the river.
(d) At a pile of driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's dog do when the narrator misses a shot?
2. What animal do the cured oak leaves feed?
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
4. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
5. Getting up early is a vice of horned owls, stars, geese and what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)