|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To shoot ducks.
(b) To shoot squirrels.
(c) To learn how to shoot.
(d) To shoot rabbits.
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) Only in the western hemisphere.
(d) Throughout the world.
3. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At the bottom of the tree.
(b) At the edge of the river.
(c) In the field.
(d) At a pile of driftwood.
4. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) A friend.
(c) A lost dog.
(d) Two college boys.
5. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
2. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
3. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
4. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
5. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)