|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lost dog.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Two college boys.
2. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of their color.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because they are so numerous.
(d) Because of where they grow.
3. Who bathes in the the pools of the painting?
4. When the bus passes through a cemetery, what plant does the narrator see?
5. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) How long it lasts.
(b) Where the female bird is.
(c) When it occurs.
(d) Where it ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
2. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
3. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
4. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
5. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)