|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where the female bird is.
(b) When it occurs.
(c) Where it ends.
(d) How long it lasts.
3. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
4. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
5. Getting up early is a vice of horned owls, stars, geese and what?
(a) Freight trains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
3. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
4. How long do pine trees usually live?
5. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)