|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
(a) The hydrangea.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The draba.
(d) The dustwort.
2. When too many people want the same trophies, what component of the trophy does this mass use problem decrease?
(a) The quality.
(b) The style.
(c) The origin.
(d) The color.
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 14, what is the purpose of the farms they are passing by?
(a) To preserve the land.
(b) To grow food.
(c) To preserve a way of life.
(d) To make money.
4. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) In the field.
(b) At a pile of driftwood.
(c) At the edge of the river.
(d) At the bottom of the tree.
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
2. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
3. The narrator says that different hunts have different what?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
5. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)