|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do plovers nest?
(b) Under the ground.
2. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(a) Downy chess.
3. Most geese travel in families of how many?
4. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1850s and 1860s.
(b) 1870s and 1880s.
(c) 1810s and 1820s.
(d) 1830s and 1840s.
5. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the western hemisphere.
(b) Throughout the world.
(c) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(d) Only in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
2. According to the narrator, who or what is responsible for the last of the grizzlies being shot?
3. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
4. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
5. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)