|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does the narrator have a bias towards?
2. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
(a) To learn how to shoot.
(b) To shoot rabbits.
(c) To shoot squirrels.
(d) To shoot ducks.
3. What kind of trees do the narrator and dog arrive at during their hunt?
(c) Bur Oak.
4. Getting up early is a vice of horned owls, stars, geese and what?
(d) Freight trains.
5. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
(a) A person.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what are the grandfather and grandson cutting down?
2. When is the best time to hunt for grouse?
3. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 14, what is the purpose of the farms they are passing by?
5. What saves the plovers?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)