|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of their color.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because they are so numerous.
(d) Because of where they grow.
2. According to the narrator, some hunters get into the habit of getting up early from who or what?
(a) From dogs or coffee pots.
(b) From geese or other birds.
(c) From owls or other birds.
(d) From geese or coffee pots.
3. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) A lost dog.
(c) Two college boys.
(d) A friend.
4. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
(a) All the above.
5. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, the difficult part about finding a way to return to nature is to find a way to do this without destroying what?
2. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
3. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
4. The narrator feels that as everyone strives for safety, prosperity and comfort, life becomes what?
5. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)