|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Flying long distances.
(b) Eating while flying.
(c) International commerce.
(d) Returning to where they are born.
2. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1810s and 1820s.
(b) 1850s and 1860s.
(c) 1870s and 1880s.
(d) 1830s and 1840s.
3. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It gives shade.
(b) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(c) It provides food for his grouse.
(d) It has a purple color.
4. According to the narrator, recreation becomes what kind of process?
(b) Mass use.
5. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
2. When the narrator finds the air hole in the frozen lake, what animal does he know comes?
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
4. The narrator likens the hunter in the Sierra Madres to what?
5. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)