|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
2. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 40 years.
3. When does the narrator kill his first partridge?
(a) In his first hunting season.
(b) In his fourth hunting season.
(c) In his second hunting season.
(d) In his third hunting season.
4. When do birds in the early morning marsh leave for safer waters?
(a) When they hear noises.
(b) When they wake up.
(c) Mid morning.
(d) Once day breaks.
5. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The carp.
(b) The geese.
(c) The woodcock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
2. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
3. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
4. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)