|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One type of outdoor recreation enthusiast is the kind that wanders in the woods searching for what?
(a) The wilderness.
(b) The "perfect place".
(c) Rare plants and birds.
2. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1850s and 1860s.
(c) 1870s and 1880s.
(d) 1810s and 1820s.
3. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With prairie dogs barking.
(b) With rain.
(c) With birds singing.
(d) With silence.
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) The forest.
(c) Nowhere, they drown.
(d) The prairie.
5. When does the narrator buy a farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. The top of the White Mountain is originally only accessible to whom?
2. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
3. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
4. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
5. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)