|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
2. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the end of summer.
(b) When the air turns too cool for them.
(c) When their chicks are grown.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
3. Who does the narrator think is the only one who listens to the wolf's howl objectively?
(a) The deer.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The White Mountain.
(d) The hunter.
4. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The presence or absence of coons.
(b) The size of the deer.
(c) The number of other animals that are nearby.
(d) The height or length of the branches on trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles do the geese travel?
2. According to the narrator, too much safety in our lives means what in the long run?
3. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
4. Why does the state start to get rid of wolves?
5. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)