|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Conservation Esthetic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The presence or absence of coons.
(b) The number of other animals that are nearby.
(c) The size of the deer.
(d) The height or length of the branches on trees.
2. Who actually kills the bear?
(a) A local farmer.
(b) The state trooper.
(c) The government trapper.
(d) The bear shoots himself.
3. What does the narrator admire while eating lunch?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The young golden tamaracks.
(c) His dog.
(d) The grouse.
4. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) It senses danger.
(b) To get food.
(c) To investigate the noise.
(d) It likes people.
5. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
2. What animal does the narrator kill first with his gun?
3. In the summer, the weather on White Mountain is unpredictable because of what?
4. How long do birch trees usually live?
5. Why is the narrator given his first shotgun at an early age?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)