|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
2. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The carp.
(c) The geese.
(d) The woodcock.
3. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1850s and 1860s.
(b) 1810s and 1820s.
(c) 1870s and 1880s.
(d) 1830s and 1840s.
4. How many fish does the narrator catch?
5. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 90 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
2. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
3. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
4. Where does the narrator go fishing?
5. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)