|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) In tunnels in the snow.
(b) In tunnels in the ground.
(c) In tree trunks.
(d) Under buildings.
2. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(b) Throughout the world.
(c) Only in the western hemisphere.
(d) Only in the United States.
3. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Flying long distances.
(b) Eating while flying.
(c) International commerce.
(d) Returning to where they are born.
4. What is silphium?
(b) A weed.
(c) A tree.
(d) A flower.
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
2. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
3. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
4. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
5. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)