|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) Their original breeding ground.
(d) The marshes of Sand County.
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) How long it lasts.
(b) Where it ends.
(c) When it occurs.
(d) Where the female bird is.
3. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
(a) Higher land.
(b) Nowhere, they drown.
(c) The prairie.
(d) The forest.
4. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
5. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The woodcock.
(b) The geese.
(c) The carp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
2. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
4. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
5. How many miles do the geese travel?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)