|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is silphium?
(a) A weed.
(b) A flower.
(c) A tree.
2. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One minutes.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) One second.
(d) Five seconds.
3. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The yellow warblers.
(b) The sparrows.
(c) The plovers.
(d) The cardinals.
4. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Ambling along.
(b) Very rapidly.
(c) Very slowly.
5. Where do plovers nest?
(b) Under the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
2. Most geese travel in families of how many?
3. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
4. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
5. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)