|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) In tree trunks.
(b) In tunnels in the ground.
(c) In tunnels in the snow.
(d) Under buildings.
2. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(b) The woodcock.
(c) The geese.
(d) The carp.
3. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His son.
(c) He does it alone.
(d) A friend.
4. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(a) Bur fir.
(c) Bur oak.
5. What saves the plovers?
(a) Federal habitat laws.
(b) Local gun laws.
(c) The plovers move to other areas.
(d) Federal migratory bird laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
2. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
3. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
5. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)