|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles do the geese travel?
2. What flower does the narrator write about in April?
(c) Prairie flower.
3. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(c) Drainage ditches.
(d) Hay mowers.
4. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
5. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The forest.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The field.
(d) The riverbank.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
2. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
3. What is the general topic of A Sand County?
4. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
5. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)