|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) One minutes.
(d) One second.
2. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where it ends.
(b) When it occurs.
(c) Where the female bird is.
(d) How long it lasts.
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) A tree falling.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) The neighbor's tractor.
(d) Animals moving.
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The field.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The forest.
5. Where do plovers nest?
(c) Under the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles do the geese travel?
2. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
3. How many fish does the narrator catch?
4. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
5. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)