|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1870s and 1880s.
(b) 1830s and 1840s.
(c) 1810s and 1820s.
(d) 1850s and 1860s.
2. What saves the plovers?
(a) Federal habitat laws.
(b) Local gun laws.
(c) Federal migratory bird laws.
(d) The plovers move to other areas.
3. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A month.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Several years.
(d) A few days.
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) Animals moving.
(b) The neighbor's tractor.
(c) A tree falling.
(d) Dogs barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
2. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
3. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
4. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
5. When does the woodcock begins his show every year?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)