|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fish does the narrator catch?
2. All the trees in the area date to what time?
(a) 1830s and 1840s.
(b) 1850s and 1860s.
(c) 1810s and 1820s.
(d) 1870s and 1880s.
3. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
4. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
(b) Prairie dogs.
5. What or who kills the oak tree?
(a) Ice storm.
(d) Burrowing animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
2. How many miles do the geese travel?
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
4. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
5. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)