|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
2. What is silphium?
(b) A tree.
(c) A weed.
(d) A flower.
3. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the end of summer.
(b) When their chicks are grown.
(c) When the air turns too cool for them.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
4. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) His family who lives there.
(b) The animals who live there.
(c) Those who visit him.
(d) Those who rent his land.
5. What is the main argument of this book?
(c) Land ethic.
(d) Social conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who kills the oak tree?
2. Where do plovers nest?
3. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
4. Where do the animals go when they are pushed out of their home by the floods?
5. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)