|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The forest.
(b) The field.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The graveyard.
2. How many miles do the geese travel?
3. When do people begin to settle in the prairie lands?
4. What or who kills the oak tree?
(b) Burrowing animals.
(c) Ice storm.
5. What kind of tracks does the narrator follow in Chapter One?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main argument of this book?
2. Before human settlers, the prairie lands are in a war against what?
3. The book begins in January with what type of weather or environment?
4. Where does the woodcock land after the dance?
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)