|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
(c) Bur oak.
(d) Bur fir.
2. In Chapter One, where do the tracks end that the narrator is following?
(a) At the bottom of the tree.
(b) At the edge of the river.
(c) At a pile of driftwood.
(d) In the field.
3. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) Outside under the house.
(b) In the forest.
(d) In the garage.
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Ice Age.
(b) The Pleistocene era.
(c) The 1200s.
(d) The 1800s.
5. How many fish does the narrator catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
2. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
3. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
4. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
5. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)