|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is silphium?
(a) A tree.
(b) A weed.
(c) A flower.
2. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) Its wings are too long.
(b) It has short legs.
(c) It won't attract the female.
(d) It is afraid it gets caught.
3. What is the main argument of this book?
(b) Social conscience.
(d) Land ethic.
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) Throughout the world.
(c) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(d) Only in the western hemisphere.
5. How do animals generally move during this time in January?
(a) Ambling along.
(b) Very rapidly.
(d) Very slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves the plovers?
2. The narrator talks about the geese's inevitable flight to where?
3. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
4. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
5. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)