|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people follow, since there is so little going on in nature in January?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) Bird migrations.
(c) Bird nestings.
(d) Plant growth.
2. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
3. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
4. What is one thing that nobody knows about the woodcock and the dance?
(a) Where the female bird is.
(b) Where it ends.
(c) How long it lasts.
(d) When it occurs.
5. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They like to eat them.
(b) They are a nuisance.
(c) They are destroying crops.
(d) They get in the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
2. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. All the trees in the area date to what time?
5. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)