|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(c) Only in the western hemisphere.
(d) Throughout the world.
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(b) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(c) To get back to his house.
(d) So his neighbor can get to work.
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a year.
(b) Probably a millenium.
(c) Probably five years.
(d) Probably a decade.
4. Who does the narrator say is the first animal to awaken in January?
5. The woodcock begins its overture with throaty chirps that are spaced how far apart?
(a) One second.
(b) One minutes.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) Two seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
2. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
3. What tree does the narrator write about in April?
4. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
5. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)