|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of predator follows the meadow mouse?
2. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 4 months.
3. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Being left behind.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) Animal involvement.
(d) Human involvement.
4. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The carp.
(b) The geese.
(c) The woodcock.
5. Where does the meadow mouse live in the winter?
(a) Under buildings.
(b) In tunnels in the snow.
(c) In tree trunks.
(d) In tunnels in the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
2. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
3. What is silphium?
4. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
5. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)