|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Outside under the house.
2. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
(b) The South Pole.
(d) Central America.
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a millenium.
(b) Probably a year.
(c) Probably five years.
(d) Probably a decade.
4. Why doesn't the woodcock dance in the brush or grass?
(a) It won't attract the female.
(b) It has short legs.
(c) Its wings are too long.
(d) It is afraid it gets caught.
5. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Being left behind.
(c) Animal involvement.
(d) Human involvement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. Where do plovers nest?
3. All the trees in the area date to what time?
4. What is silphium?
5. What kind of seedlings does the narrator describe?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)