|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His son.
(c) He does it alone.
(d) A friend.
2. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) International commerce.
(b) Flying long distances.
(c) Eating while flying.
(d) Returning to where they are born.
3. Who does the narrator say is the most exciting about the flooding of the land where he lives?
(a) The woodcock.
(b) The carp.
(c) The geese.
4. How long does the narrator wait to cut the oak tree down?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) Several years.
(d) A month.
5. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(b) Hay mowers.
(d) Drainage ditches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his friends wait out the storm?
2. According to the introduction, the first twelve chapters of the book generally are a description of what?
3. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
4. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
5. Where does the narrator go fishing?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)