|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator love the tamarack?
(a) It has beautiful leaves.
(b) It provides food for his grouse.
(c) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(d) It gives shade.
2. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
3. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
(a) The painter who lives on the land.
(b) The river.
(c) The narrator himself.
(d) The visiting painter.
4. In the morning sunlight, the painting is sprayed with what?
(a) An overlay of blue.
(c) A clear color.
5. What saves the plovers?
(a) Federal habitat laws.
(b) Local gun laws.
(c) Federal migratory bird laws.
(d) The plovers move to other areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the hollow oak trees?
2. How many of the fish that the narrator catches are record breakers in size?
3. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
4. How long do birch trees usually live?
5. How long does it take the chicks to grow up and learn to fly after they hatch?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)