|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do birch trees usually live?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. How do September mornings begin?
(a) With prairie dogs barking.
(b) With birds singing.
(c) With rain.
(d) With silence.
3. In Chapter 13, the narrator discusses the extinction of what?
(a) The passenger pigeon.
(b) The draba.
(c) The golden swallow.
(d) The crane.
4. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
(a) The Sasquehena.
(b) The Wisconsin River.
(c) The Porterville.
(d) The Flambeau.
5. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
(a) It provides food for his grouse.
(b) It grows tall.
(c) It has beautiful leaves.
(d) It has lovely colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
2. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
3. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
4. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
5. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)