|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
(a) The Flambeau.
(b) The Sasquehena.
(c) The Wisconsin River.
(d) The Porterville.
2. The narrator says that November is the month of the what?
(a) The axe.
(b) The wind.
(c) The shovel.
(d) The tractor.
3. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The 1200s.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The Pleistocene era.
(d) The 1800s.
4. How many miles do the geese travel?
5. What saves the plovers?
(a) Local gun laws.
(b) Federal habitat laws.
(c) The plovers move to other areas.
(d) Federal migratory bird laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
2. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
3. How long do birch trees usually live?
4. Where does the narrator go fishing?
5. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)