|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves the plovers?
(a) Local gun laws.
(b) The plovers move to other areas.
(c) Federal migratory bird laws.
(d) Federal habitat laws.
2. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(c) Hay mowers.
(d) Drainage ditches.
3. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
(a) People tracks.
(b) Tire tracks.
(c) Animal tracks.
(d) There are no tracks in the painting.
4. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
(a) The woodpecker.
(b) The jackpine.
(c) The golden duck.
(d) The clay colored sparrow.
5. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the beginning of winter.
(b) At the end of summer.
(c) When their chicks are grown.
(d) When the air turns too cool for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
2. What flower does the narrator describe as blooming in the sand?
3. What river does the narrator talk about in Chapter 13?
4. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
5. Why does the narrator love the aspen?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)