|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plovers are smart enough to avoid what?
(a) Drainage ditches.
(d) Hay mowers.
2. Where do plovers nest?
(a) Under the ground.
3. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
4. When does the State Conservation Department begin to rebuild the river?
5. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It provides food for his grouse.
(b) It gives shade.
(c) It has a purple color.
(d) It is nearly extinct in his area.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
2. Who does the narrator meet at the river in Chapter 13?
3. What saves the plovers?
4. The narrator concludes that if there is a lone goose, it is caused by what?
5. How long do birch trees usually live?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)