|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator love the tamarack?
(a) It provides food for his grouse.
(b) It has beautiful leaves.
(c) It gives shade.
(d) It is nearly extinct in his area.
2. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
(a) For recreation.
(b) For electricity.
(c) For its use in dairy farming.
(d) For preservation.
3. What forms a lake in Wisconsin that is half as long as the state itself?
(b) A glacier.
(c) A mammoth rock slide.
(d) A volcano.
4. Who does the narrator ask to help cut down the oak tree?
(a) He does it alone.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His son.
(d) A friend.
5. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
(a) The Pleistocene era.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) The 1200s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tracks are seen in the painting?
2. Who paints the picture or scene that the narrator likes to view?
3. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
4. Where does the upland plover spend the winter?
5. In November, the wind blows in what direction?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)