|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal/bird does the plover follow?
(c) Prairie dogs.
2. Why does the narrator like the hazel?
(a) It provides food for his grouse.
(b) It is nearly extinct in his area.
(c) It has a purple color.
(d) It gives shade.
3. When do the plover go back to Argentina?
(a) At the end of summer.
(b) When their chicks are grown.
(c) When the air turns too cool for them.
(d) At the beginning of winter.
4. What fish is the narrator fishing for?
5. How long does it take to finish the painting?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
2. Who or what destroys the painting the narrator describes?
3. In June, the robin starts singing in the early morning, but in autumn, when does the robin sing?
4. Most geese travel in families of how many?
5. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)