|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first wildlife the narrator mentions lives in his woods?
(a) The wood ducks.
(b) The coons.
(c) The bears.
(d) The chickadees.
2. The narrator says that the geese are good at what?
(a) Eating while flying.
(b) Returning to where they are born.
(c) International commerce.
(d) Flying long distances.
3. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
(a) The lakes.
(b) The sand counties.
(c) The cities.
(d) The mountains.
4. The narrator says that geese make these migratory journeys where?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) Only in the western hemisphere.
(c) Only in the eastern hemisphere.
(d) Throughout the world.
5. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
(a) For electricity.
(b) For preservation.
(c) For its use in dairy farming.
(d) For recreation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that the geese are making this journey since when?
2. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
3. Where does the narrator go fishing?
4. Why does the narrator love the tamarack?
5. How long do pine trees usually live?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)