|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Wisconsin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is playing on the green turf in the painting?
(b) Prairie dogs.
2. Most geese travel in families of how many?
3. For how long does the faithful oak tree provide wood for the narrator's family?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 40 years.
4. Why does the dairy industry want to put a dam on the river?
(a) For electricity.
(b) For its use in dairy farming.
(c) For preservation.
(d) For recreation.
5. Why do humans begin to destroy the plover?
(a) They are destroying crops.
(b) They get in the way.
(c) They are a nuisance.
(d) They like to eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the painting, that the narrator describes in August, begin?
2. What saves the plovers?
3. When does the narrator buy a farm?
4. What is another area of Wisconsin that the narrator has a deep love for?
5. What bird is only found only in the sand counties?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)