|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
2. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) Two miles.
(b) One-half mile.
(c) Five miles.
(d) One mile.
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) It likes people.
(b) It senses danger.
(c) To investigate the noise.
(d) To get food.
5. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(a) Degrading hay.
(c) Old alfalfa fields.
(d) Cheat grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
3. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)