|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
2. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The cardinals.
(b) The plovers.
(c) The sparrows.
(d) The yellow warblers.
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) The neighbor's tractor.
(c) A tree falling.
(d) Animals moving.
4. What is silphium?
(a) A weed.
(c) A flower.
(d) A tree.
5. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) One mile.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One-half mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
2. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
3. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
4. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
5. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)