|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The presence or absence of coons.
(b) The size of the deer.
(c) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(d) The number of other animals that are nearby.
2. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
3. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The field.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The forest.
4. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(b) Lack of food.
5. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) The animals who live there.
(b) Those who visit him.
(c) Those who rent his land.
(d) His family who lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
4. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
5. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)