|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The yellow warblers.
(b) The sparrows.
(c) The cardinals.
(d) The plovers.
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Cheat grass.
(d) Roaming cattle.
4. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) His family who lives there.
(b) Those who visit him.
(c) Those who rent his land.
(d) The animals who live there.
5. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The ground.
(b) The animal itself.
(c) The plants.
(d) The tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
2. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
4. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
5. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)