|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Cheat grass.
(c) Old alfalfa fields.
(d) Degrading hay.
2. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(d) Downy chess.
3. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
4. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(b) Lack of food.
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To get food.
(b) It senses danger.
(c) It likes people.
(d) To investigate the noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
2. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
3. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
4. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
5. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)