|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(a) Old alfalfa fields.
(b) Cheat grass.
(c) Degrading hay.
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
3. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
(d) Downy chess.
4. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The size of the deer.
(b) The presence or absence of coons.
(c) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(d) The number of other animals that are nearby.
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
(c) Cheat grass.
(d) Roaming cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
3. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
4. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)