|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The grebe.
(b) The sandwort.
(c) The grouse.
(d) The spotted warbler.
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) The neighbor's tractor.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Animals moving.
(d) A tree falling.
4. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(b) To get back to his house.
(c) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(d) So his neighbor can get to work.
5. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The ground.
(b) The tracks.
(c) The animal itself.
(d) The plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
2. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
3. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
4. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
5. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)