|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
(a) A tree falling.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Animals moving.
(d) The neighbor's tractor.
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The spotted warbler.
(b) The grebe.
(c) The sandwort.
(d) The grouse.
3. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Degrading hay.
(b) Old alfalfa fields.
(c) Cheat grass.
4. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The tracks.
(b) The ground.
(c) The animal itself.
(d) The plants.
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To get food.
(b) It likes people.
(c) To investigate the noise.
(d) It senses danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
3. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
4. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
5. What is silphium?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)