|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably five years.
(b) Probably a year.
(c) Probably a decade.
(d) Probably a millenium.
2. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
(a) The animals who live there.
(b) His family who lives there.
(c) Those who rent his land.
(d) Those who visit him.
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The sandwort.
(b) The grebe.
(c) The grouse.
(d) The spotted warbler.
5. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
2. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
4. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)