|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The spotted warbler.
(b) The grebe.
(c) The sandwort.
(d) The grouse.
2. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a decade.
(b) Probably a year.
(c) Probably five years.
(d) Probably a millenium.
4. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(b) Lack of food.
5. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) One-half mile.
(d) One mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
2. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
3. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
4. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
5. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)