|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The tracks.
(b) The ground.
(c) The animal itself.
(d) The plants.
2. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The forest.
(c) The field.
(d) The riverbank.
3. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
4. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of where they grow.
(b) Because of their color.
(c) Because they are so numerous.
(d) Because of allergies.
5. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
2. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
4. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)