|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) The field.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The forest.
2. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
3. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(a) Cheat grass.
(b) Degrading hay.
(c) Old alfalfa fields.
4. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) Five miles.
(b) One-half mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
5. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
2. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
3. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
4. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
5. How long does it take silphium to mature?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)