|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(a) Degrading hay.
(b) Old alfalfa fields.
(d) Cheat grass.
2. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
3. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
4. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(c) Lack of food.
5. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
2. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
5. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)