|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(c) Lack of food.
2. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) Two miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) One-half mile.
(d) Five miles.
3. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
(b) Thick leaves.
(c) Prickly awns.
(d) Hard stem.
4. What is silphium?
(a) A tree.
(b) A flower.
(d) A weed.
5. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(b) Degrading hay.
(c) Cheat grass.
(d) Old alfalfa fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who are his tenants?
2. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
3. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
4. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
5. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)