|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
(a) Because of allergies.
(b) Because they are so numerous.
(c) Because of their color.
(d) Because of where they grow.
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near graveyards.
(b) In a botany book.
(c) In the prairies.
(d) In areas near riverbanks.
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To investigate the noise.
(b) To get food.
(c) It senses danger.
(d) It likes people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is silphium?
2. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
3. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
4. How long does it take silphium to mature?
5. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)