|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The sandwort.
(b) The grouse.
(c) The grebe.
(d) The spotted warbler.
3. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
4. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
(a) In the tree.
(b) On the ground.
(c) Near a fallen tree.
(d) In the direction of the wind.
5. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near riverbanks.
(b) In the prairies.
(c) In areas near graveyards.
(d) In a botany book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
2. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
3. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
4. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
5. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)