|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
(a) The sandwort.
(b) The grouse.
(c) The grebe.
(d) The spotted warbler.
3. By following the deer tracks, the narrator finds out that the deer move about in an area approximately how long to find food from their bed?
(a) One mile.
(b) One-half mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Five miles.
4. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
5. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
(a) To avoid having to explain what he is doing.
(b) To avoid being caught for trespassing.
(c) So his neighbor can get to work.
(d) To get back to his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
2. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
3. What is silphium?
4. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
5. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)