|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. What is the first bird that the narrator hears singing?
(a) The plovers.
(b) The sparrows.
(c) The yellow warblers.
(d) The cardinals.
3. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The size of the deer.
(b) The presence or absence of coons.
(c) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(d) The number of other animals that are nearby.
4. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
(a) Cheat grass.
(c) Degrading hay.
(d) Old alfalfa fields.
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To get food.
(b) To investigate the noise.
(c) It likes people.
(d) It senses danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
2. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
3. What does the narrator hear when the sun comes up?
4. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
5. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)