|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
2. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
3. According to the narrator, where do most people see silphium?
(a) In areas near graveyards.
(b) In the prairies.
(c) In areas near riverbanks.
(d) In a botany book.
4. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To investigate the noise.
(b) It senses danger.
(c) To get food.
(d) It likes people.
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
(a) The height or length of the branches on trees.
(b) The presence or absence of coons.
(c) The number of other animals that are nearby.
(d) The size of the deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
2. How many winters do the longest survivor of the narrator's banded chickadee group live?
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
4. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)