|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, the narrator bands how many chickadees?
2. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The plants.
(b) The animal itself.
(c) The tracks.
(d) The ground.
3. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
4. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
5. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
(b) Prickly awns.
(c) Hard stem.
(d) Thick leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
2. What is silphium?
3. Pines grow better if they are around certain types of what?
4. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
5. What is a good indicator of whether a farmer protects his corn crop from deer?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)