|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) The field.
(c) The forest.
(d) The graveyard.
2. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(b) Lack of food.
3. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
4. A person tells a lot about animals' feeding habits during a season by looking at what?
(a) The animal itself.
(b) The plants.
(c) The tracks.
(d) The ground.
5. Why does the chickadee come by when a person is out chopping trees?
(a) To get food.
(b) It senses danger.
(c) It likes people.
(d) To investigate the noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
3. What is silphium?
4. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
5. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)