|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator leave his house with a notebook and coffee?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
2. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
(a) In the tree.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In the direction of the wind.
(d) Near a fallen tree.
3. Where does the narrator go to see silphium?
(a) The forest.
(b) The field.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) The graveyard.
4. What is the one thing that the narrator believes really kills a chickadee?
(a) Lack of food.
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
(a) Cheat grass.
(b) Roaming cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't people ignore all these wild plants?
2. What is one of the main birds that makes the marshland its home, as the marshes are moving northward to Canada?
3. What plant is the biggest problem in the northwestern foothills?
4. According to the narrator, today the honey-colored hills of the northwest mountains are covered with what?
5. Pines do best when they are away from their parents, because they get their own what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)