|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Oregon and Utah and Chapter 18, Manitoba.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many commandments does the narrator believe the chickadee lives by?
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 17, what is accepted as a necessary evil in the northwestern foothills?
(c) Cheat grass.
(d) Roaming cattle.
3. How long does it take silphium to mature?
(a) Probably a year.
(b) Probably a decade.
(c) Probably a millenium.
(d) Probably five years.
4. How many acres of land does the narrator legally own?
5. According to the narrator, about how many wild plants go into season every week from April to September?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different kinds of pine tree are there in Wisconsin?
2. Why does the narrator say he has to get off his neighbor's property?
3. What makes cheat grass inedible for the livestock?
4. Where is the best place to place a trap for a chickadee?
5. What kind of grass do the cattle love to eat?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)