Chapter 1, January
* A Sand county Almanac talks about conservation and the need to create a social conscience towards the environment and the land.
* Land ethic is the main argument of the book.
* The first twelve chapters are descriptions of nature and the way plants and animals interact.
* The following chapters are about different places the narrator visits.
* The final chapters are about the need to create a social conscience towards the environment and the land.
* Chapter one describes the environment in January - the January thaw and what is happening to animals and plants, awakening from winter.
* The narrator talks about the skunk and following the skunk's trail.
* He describes the meadow mouse and the hawk's interaction - prey and predator.
Chapter 2, February and Chapter 3, March
* Chapter two is titled February and the narrator tells the reader about his oak tree outside his house.
* The oak tree is...
This section contains 3,020 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)