|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Lemkin publishes in his attempt to help people believe the claims?
(a) Occupied Europe under Axis Rule.
(b) Axis Rule in Occupied Europe.
(c) The Jewish Solution.
(d) Hitler's Extermination Program in Occupied Europe.
2. Armenians who are not killed are deported by force to camps in what country?
3. Lemkin realizes that for a genocide convention to be passed and ratified, he needs to appeal to the _____________ of the delegates.
(a) Domestic political interests.
(b) Foreign political interests.
(d) Intellect and emotions.
4. Upon what group does Lemkin take out his frustration over the United States' slowness to ratify the genocide treaty?
(c) Human rights advocates.
(d) The media.
5. Power witnesses the Serbs' takeover of:
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country tries unsuccessfully to charge Turkish leaders with criminal behavior in the aftermath of the Armenian genocide?
2. Historically, according to Power, the United States has been ____________ to recognize and act when genocide occurred.
3. In October 1945, the Nuremberg indictments all mention ______________ in an international legal setting, although it is not be mentioned in the convictions.
4. Why doesn't the international community prosecute individuals for their roles in exterminating millions of German Jews?
5. In the Preface, Power describes a _____-year-old Sarajevan who was killed in a bombing.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)