|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Power witnesses the Serbs' takeover of:
2. In the Preface, Power describes a _____-year-old Sarajevan who was killed in a bombing.
3. Talaat conducts the Armenian genocide because he feels there is no room for __________ in Turkey.
4. What is the name of the book that Lemkin publishes in his attempt to help people believe the claims?
(a) Axis Rule in Occupied Europe.
(b) Hitler's Extermination Program in Occupied Europe.
(c) The Jewish Solution.
(d) Occupied Europe under Axis Rule.
5. When the United States sets up the Committee on Armenian Atrocities, what does the group not call for on behalf of the Armenians?
(a) Public awareness.
(b) Diplomatic intervention.
(c) Financial relief.
(d) Military intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, according to Power, the United States has been ____________ to recognize and act when genocide occurred.
2. For what event is Lemkin invited to Spain to read his paper?
3. The Allies set up an international military tribunal in ________________ to prosecute Nazi war criminals.
4. As the resolution is discussed, some delegates advocate the use of ____________ instead of "genocide."
5. America officially ________, and Turkey officially _____________, the Armenian genocide. This stance is true with both countries to this day.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)