Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
2. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
3. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
4. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
5. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mack McAsh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 3
How does Follett use the literary technique of local color in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Scottish establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)