Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
2. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
3. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
4. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
5. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
Essay Topic 1
Follett uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Scotland using only your recall of Follett's descriptions. How do you visualize Scotland now that you have read A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lizzie Hallim. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Mack and Lizzie's lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)