|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
2. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
3. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
4. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
5. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
Essay Topic 1
At the core of A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM is the study of a father and son relationship. Define the relationship between Jay and his father. Why was it so combative? What long-term effect did the relationship have on Jay's life? How does Jay come to terms with this primary relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the family in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How is life different for someone like Mack who has no real family structure and support?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)