|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
2. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
3. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
4. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
5. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mack spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate his life. What does he think about? What conclusions does he arrive at? Explain why he is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of overcoming injustice will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of overcoming injustice throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Follett uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Scotland using only your recall of Follett's descriptions. How do you visualize Scotland now that you have read A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)