|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lizzie locks herself in her room with __________________.
2. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
3. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
4. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
5. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
2. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
3. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
4. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
5. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
6. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
7. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
8. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
9. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
10. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lizzie Hallim. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Mack spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate his life. What does he think about? What conclusions does he arrive at? Explain why he is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of overcoming injustice will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of overcoming injustice throughout the book.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)