|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
2. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
3. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
4. What is Mack's final punishment?
5. Who takes charge of the household staff after the death of Lizzie's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
2. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
3. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
4. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
5. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
6. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
7. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
8. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
9. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
10. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Mack and Lizzie's lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)