|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Lizzie to speak on Mack's behalf?
2. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
3. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
4. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
5. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
2. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
3. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
4. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
5. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
6. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
7. Why do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg decide to leave their wagon and belongings behind during their escape?
8. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
9. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
10. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mack spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate his life. What does he think about? What conclusions does he arrive at? Explain why he is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Mack and Lizzie's lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)