Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
2. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
3. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
4. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
5. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
Essay Topic 1
Mack spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate his life. What does he think about? What conclusions does he arrive at? Explain why he is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jay and Mack. Both men want influence over Lizzie but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in fiction? What other similarities and differences are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Conflict takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)