|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
2. Sir George functions as a _______________.
3. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
4. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
5. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
2. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
3. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
4. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
5. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
6. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
7. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
8. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
9. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
10. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Jay Jamisson. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two overall settings for the novel. Why does Follett use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
At the core of A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM is the study of a father and son relationship. Define the relationship between Jay and his father. Why was it so combative? What long-term effect did the relationship have on Jay's life? How does Jay come to terms with this primary relationship?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)