Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
2. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
3. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
4. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
5. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
2. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
3. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
4. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
5. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
6. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
7. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
8. Which one of the Jamisson sons does Lizzie agree to marry and why?
9. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
10. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two examples about greed in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of greed.
Describe the two overall settings for the novel. Why does Follett use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)