Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
2. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
3. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
4. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
5. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
2. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
3. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
4. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
5. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
6. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
7. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
8. Which one of the Jamisson sons does Lizzie agree to marry and why?
9. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
10. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
Describe the two overall settings for the novel. Why does Follett use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
The theme of overcoming injustice will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of overcoming injustice throughout the book.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)