|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
2. What is High Glen?
3. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
4. Where is Mack taken after he is captured?
5. What does Robert do when Jay tells him that Jay and Lizzie are going to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Jamissons insure that Mack becomes Jamisson property?
2. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
3. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
4. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
5. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
6. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
7. Why does Lennox torture the Indian?
8. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
9. Which one of the Jamisson sons does Lizzie agree to marry and why?
10. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Mack spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate his life. What does he think about? What conclusions does he arrive at? Explain why he is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
This section contains 1,652 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)