|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
(a) Reverend York.
(b) Mr. Clayton.
(c) Mr. Maguire.
(d) Sir James.
2. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
3. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Bristol Prison.
(b) Tower of London.
(c) Glengarry Prison.
(d) Newgate Prison.
4. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Charles MacDougal.
(b) James Sloane.
(c) Eric Vanderkellen.
(d) Hamish Drome.
5. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jay orders special accommodations on the ship for ______________.
2. Sir George functions as a _______________.
3. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
4. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
5. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Lizzie's relationship with Jay been affected by the mining situation at High Glen?
2. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
3. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
4. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
5. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
6. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
7. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
8. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
9. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
10. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)