|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
(a) Find a boat.
(b) Avoid Jay.
(c) Get food.
2. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
(a) She is retarded.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is stillborn.
3. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Buy a bigger house.
(b) Quit drinking.
(c) Return to Scotland.
(d) Fire Lennox.
4. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(b) Lady Alicia.
(c) Lady Elizabeth.
(d) Sir George.
5. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
2. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
3. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
4. Jay orders special accommodations on the ship for ______________.
5. Who wants Lizzie to speak on Mack's behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
2. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
3. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
4. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
5. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
6. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
7. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
8. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
9. How has Lizzie's relationship with Jay been affected by the mining situation at High Glen?
10. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)