|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
(a) She is an expert rider.
(b) She has been beaten.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has never been on a horse before.
2. Sir George functions as a _______________.
(d) Tax collector.
3. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Edward Strong.
(b) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(c) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(d) Sir John Smart.
4. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(b) Lizzie is dead.
(c) He is in love with Peg.
(d) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
5. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(c) Mockjack Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
2. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
3. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
5. What does Peg do when she sees Mack and Lizzie making love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
2. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
3. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
4. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
5. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
6. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
7. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
8. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
9. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
10. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)