|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Charles Maguire.
(b) George Weston.
(c) Bill Sowerby.
(d) Edward Jones.
2. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
(b) Her physician.
3. Sir George functions as a _______________.
(b) Tax collector.
4. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
5. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
(a) Mr. Clayton.
(b) Reverend York.
(c) Mr. Maguire.
(d) Sir James.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg have to leave behind to make better time?
2. Who has accompanied Jay on his hunt for Lizzie?
3. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
4. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
5. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
2. Why do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg decide to leave their wagon and belongings behind during their escape?
3. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
4. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
5. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
6. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
7. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
8. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
9. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
10. How has Lizzie's relationship with Jay been affected by the mining situation at High Glen?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)