|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
(b) Get food.
(c) Find a boat.
(d) Avoid Jay.
2. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
(a) She is an expert rider.
(b) She has never been on a horse before.
(c) She has been beaten.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(d) Mockjack Hall.
4. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(b) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(c) Sir John Smart.
(d) Sir Edward Strong.
5. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(a) A network of hideouts.
(b) A picnic lunch.
(d) A survival kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg have to leave behind to make better time?
2. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
3. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
4. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
5. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
2. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
3. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
4. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
5. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
6. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
7. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
8. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
9. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
10. How has Lizzie's relationship with Jay been affected by the mining situation at High Glen?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)