|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
(a) Lynch's Ferry.
(b) Roanoke's Ferry.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
(d) Dobb's Ferry.
2. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(c) Mockjack Hall.
3. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A cave.
(c) Sowerby's old cabin.
(d) Lizzie's room
4. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
(a) Pepper Jones.
(b) Jane Mason.
(c) Sally Maguire.
(d) Lilly Aventura.
5. Who is Augustus Pym?
(a) A special prosecutor.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jay when he is with Cora?
2. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
3. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
4. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
5. Who has accompanied Jay on his hunt for Lizzie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
2. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
3. Why do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg decide to leave their wagon and belongings behind during their escape?
4. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
5. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
6. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
7. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
8. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
9. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
10. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)