|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(a) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
(c) The contents of Mack's wagon.
(d) Mack's escape plans.
2. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He is cautiously optimistic.
(c) He thinks it is fine.
(d) He has no opinion on it.
3. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
4. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Seven years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten years.
5. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
(a) Lizzie's dowry is invalid.
(b) The Jamissons are mining at High Glen.
(c) Lady Alicia has sold High Glen.
(d) Jay is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
2. Who is Tony Tambala?
3. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
4. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
5. Who thwarts Lizzie's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
2. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
3. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
4. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
5. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
6. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
7. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
8. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
9. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
10. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)