|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
(a) Avoid Jay.
(b) Find a boat.
(d) Get food.
2. What is Mack's final punishment?
(a) He is to serve the rest of his life in hard labor.
(b) He is set free.
(c) He is to be transported to the colonies.
(d) He is to be hanged.
3. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
4. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(b) He is in love with Peg.
(c) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
(d) Lizzie is dead.
5. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Augustus Pym?
2. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
3. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
4. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
5. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
2. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
3. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
4. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
5. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
6. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
7. Why do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg decide to leave their wagon and belongings behind during their escape?
8. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
9. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
10. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)