|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(a) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
(b) Mack's escape plans.
(d) The contents of Mack's wagon.
2. Why is Jay in hot pursuit of Lizzie?
(a) He knows she stole his money.
(b) He is still in love with her.
(c) He needs to produce an heir.
(d) He is angry that she shot at him.
3. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
(a) To buy jewelry.
(b) To get local news.
(c) To arrange a mortgage.
(d) To sell tobacco.
4. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
5. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) Not enough money.
(b) His bad knee.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) His love for Lizzie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
2. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
3. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
4. Who has arranged Jay's mortgage loan?
5. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
2. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
3. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
4. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
5. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
6. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
7. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
8. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
9. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
10. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)