|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
(a) To run away with Mack and Peg.
(b) To have him beaten up by thugs.
(c) To shoot him in his sleep.
(d) To have him arrested.
2. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) He is in love with Peg.
(b) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
(c) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(d) Lizzie is dead.
3. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Sir George.
(c) Lady Eleanor.
(d) Lady Alicia.
4. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She is stillborn.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is retarded.
5. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Tower of London.
(b) Glengarry Prison.
(c) Bristol Prison.
(d) Newgate Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lizzie and Jay are to leave for Virginia ____________.
2. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
3. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
4. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
5. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
2. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
3. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
4. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
5. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
6. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
7. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
8. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
9. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
10. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)