|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
(a) Mack's room.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A different place every day.
(d) A cafe.
2. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Edward Strong.
(b) Sir John Smart.
(c) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(d) Sir Patrick Maguire.
3. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Sotheby.
(c) The Ordinary.
(d) The Fredericksburg Inn.
4. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
(a) She has never been on a horse before.
(b) She is an expert rider.
(c) She has been beaten.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
(d) Lady Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
2. News arrives that _______________ has died.
3. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
4. Who has arranged Jay's mortgage loan?
5. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
2. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
3. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
4. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
5. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
6. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
7. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
8. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
9. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
10. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)