|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jay orders special accommodations on the ship for ______________.
2. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
(a) They are to be set free.
(b) They are to be hanged.
(c) They are to be transported to the colonies.
(d) They are to be in prison for ten years.
3. What does Mack give the Indians in exchange for their guide services?
(a) A knife.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A blanket.
4. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
(a) The Barbados estate.
(b) High Glen.
(c) Lizzie's dowry.
(d) The shipper's boycott.
5. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie discover that Jay has been doing?
2. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
3. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
4. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
5. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
2. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
3. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
4. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
5. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
6. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
7. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
8. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
9. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
10. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)