|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man whom Peg killed?
(a) Burgo Marler.
(b) Hank Burstyn.
(c) Flick Maguire.
(d) Chet Weston.
2. What does Lizzie discover that Jay has been doing?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Sleeping with slave girls.
(c) Gambling in town.
(d) Running whiskey.
3. Who has accompanied Jay on his hunt for Lizzie?
(a) Lady Alicia.
4. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She tolerates him.
(d) She is warming up to him.
5. Sir George functions as a _______________.
(a) Tax collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
2. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
3. What does Mack give the Indians in exchange for their guide services?
4. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
5. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
2. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
3. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
4. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
5. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
6. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
7. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
8. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
9. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
10. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)