|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Not enough money.
(c) His bad knee.
(d) His love for Lizzie.
2. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Charles MacDougal.
(b) Hamish Drome.
(c) James Sloane.
(d) Eric Vanderkellen.
3. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
4. Who is Tony Tambala?
(a) A planter.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A slave.
(d) A ship captain.
5. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Bristol Prison.
(b) Newgate Prison.
(c) Glengarry Prison.
(d) Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
2. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
3. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
4. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
5. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
2. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
3. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
4. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
5. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
6. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
7. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
8. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
9. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
10. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)