|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
(a) Get food.
(b) Avoid Jay.
(c) Find a boat.
2. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
(a) Have him exiled.
(b) Have him sent back to the mines.
(c) Have him hanged.
(d) Have him arrested.
3. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(b) A survival kit.
(c) A picnic lunch.
(d) A network of hideouts.
4. Why can Lizzie not speak on Mack's behalf?
(a) She does not want to get involved in local politics.
(b) She thinks Mack is a shady character.
(c) Her husband is part of the prosecution.
(d) She does not know the truth about what happened.
5. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Buy a bigger house.
(b) Quit drinking.
(c) Fire Lennox.
(d) Return to Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
2. Who thwarts Lizzie's party?
3. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
4. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
5. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
2. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
3. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
4. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
5. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
6. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
7. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
8. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
9. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
10. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)