|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
(a) One fourth.
(b) One third.
(d) One half.
2. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
(b) Lady Alicia.
3. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Seven years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
4. Why does Lizzie feel trapped in her situation?
(a) She cannot bear public humiliation.
(b) She is in love with Mack.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She loves her husband.
5. Who takes charge of the household staff after the death of Lizzie's baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
2. What are Robert's plans for the plantation?
3. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
4. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
5. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
2. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
3. How has Lizzie's relationship with Jay been affected by the mining situation at High Glen?
4. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
5. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
6. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
7. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
8. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
9. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
10. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)