|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
2. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
(a) Trade them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Leave them.
(d) Torture them.
3. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Edward Strong.
(b) Sir John Smart.
(c) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(d) Sir Patrick Maguire.
4. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(b) The contents of Mack's wagon.
(c) Mack's escape plans.
(d) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
5. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She will no longer live with Jay.
(b) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) She will not lie for Mack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
2. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
3. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
4. What happens to Jay when he is with Cora?
5. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
2. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
3. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
4. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
5. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
6. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
7. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
8. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
9. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
10. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)