|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river do Mack and Lizzie reach in Chapter 40?
(a) Holston River.
(b) Great Miami River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Monongahela River.
2. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
3. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
(b) Glen Ellen.
4. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(b) A network of hideouts.
(c) A survival kit.
(d) A picnic lunch.
5. Who has accompanied Jay on his hunt for Lizzie?
(b) Lady Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
2. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
3. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
4. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
5. Who is Augustus Pym?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
2. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
3. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
4. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
5. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
6. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
7. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
8. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
9. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
10. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)