|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
(a) She moves back to Scotland.
(b) She shoots Jay.
(c) She adopts a child.
(d) She withdraws.
2. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
(a) Greystone Manor.
(b) Glen Helen.
(c) Brierly Estate.
(d) Mockjack Hall.
3. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
(a) Find a boat.
(c) Avoid Jay.
(d) Get food.
4. Jay's views on _______________ offend the dinner guests.
(a) Captial punishment.
(c) Raising children.
5. Why is Jay in hot pursuit of Lizzie?
(a) He needs to produce an heir.
(b) He is angry that she shot at him.
(c) He is still in love with her.
(d) He knows she stole his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
2. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
3. Who wants Lizzie to speak on Mack's behalf?
4. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
5. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
2. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
3. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
4. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
5. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
6. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
7. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
8. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
9. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
10. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)