|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
(d) Lady Alicia.
2. What does Peg do when she sees Mack and Lizzie making love?
(a) Stabs Mack.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Drowns herself.
(d) Shoots Lizzie.
3. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Charles MacDougal.
(b) James Sloane.
(c) Hamish Drome.
(d) Eric Vanderkellen.
4. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
(a) Glen Ellen.
5. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Bill Sowerby.
(b) Charles Maguire.
(c) George Weston.
(d) Edward Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
2. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
3. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
4. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
5. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
2. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
3. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
4. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
5. What are the circumstances that have Peg seeking shelter at Mockjack Hall?
6. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
7. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
8. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
9. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
10. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)