|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
2. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Blackmail Lizzie.
(b) Rape Lizzie.
(c) Kill Lizzie.
(d) Persuade Lizzie.
3. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
4. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(b) Sir Edward Strong.
(c) Sir John Smart.
(d) Sir Philip Armstrong.
5. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(c) Mockjack Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
2. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
3. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
4. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
5. News arrives that _______________ has died.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
2. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
3. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
4. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
5. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
6. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
7. Why do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg decide to leave their wagon and belongings behind during their escape?
8. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
9. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
10. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)