|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mack learns that Cora has married a man named ___________________.
(a) Michael Voyles.
(b) Eric Mason.
(c) Alexander Rowley.
(d) Edward Kerrigan.
2. Why can Lizzie not speak on Mack's behalf?
(a) She thinks Mack is a shady character.
(b) She does not know the truth about what happened.
(c) She does not want to get involved in local politics.
(d) Her husband is part of the prosecution.
3. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Six months.
4. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
(a) Lady Alicia.
5. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
2. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
3. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
4. Lizzie and Jay are to leave for Virginia ____________.
5. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
2. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
3. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
4. What advice does Lady Alicia give Jay regarding Sir George's will?
5. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
6. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
7. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
8. How has Lizzie's relationship with Jay been affected by the mining situation at High Glen?
9. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
10. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)