|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has arranged Jay's mortgage loan?
(a) Hamish Drome.
(b) James Havemore.
(c) Matthew Murchman.
(d) Edward Cavendish.
2. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
3. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Rape Lizzie.
(b) Blackmail Lizzie.
(c) Kill Lizzie.
(d) Persuade Lizzie.
4. What happens to Jay when he is with Cora?
(a) He falls in love.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) Quick Peg picks his pockets.
(d) He is stabbed.
5. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
(a) A tavern.
(b) Sowerby's old cabin.
(c) Lizzie's room
(d) A cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
2. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
3. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
4. Who is Tony Tambala?
5. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizzie feel forced to comply with the deal made between Gordonson and Sir George?
2. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
3. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
4. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
5. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
6. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
7. How do Jay's political views alienate him from his Virginia neighbors?
8. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
9. What advice does Mack give to Lizzie after the death of her baby?
10. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)