|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has accompanied Jay on his hunt for Lizzie?
(d) Lady Alicia.
2. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
(a) To buy jewelry.
(b) To arrange a mortgage.
(c) To get local news.
(d) To sell tobacco.
3. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
(a) The Barbados estate.
(b) High Glen.
(c) Lizzie's dowry.
(d) The shipper's boycott.
4. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
(a) They are to be set free.
(b) They are to be hanged.
(c) They are to be in prison for ten years.
(d) They are to be transported to the colonies.
5. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(a) Lady Elizabeth.
(c) Sir George.
(d) Lady Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
2. Mack learns that Cora has married a man named ___________________.
3. What do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg have to leave behind to make better time?
4. What is Mack's final punishment?
5. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
2. What is the outcome of the trials for Cora, Peg, and Mack?
3. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
4. What does Mack learn about what has happened to Cora?
5. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
6. Who delivers Lizzie's baby, and what are the circumstances surrounding the birth?
7. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
8. Why is Lizzie unable to speak for Mack who is in prison?
9. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
10. Why does Sir Philip Armstrong of the Secretary of State's office visit the Jamissons?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)