|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lizzie dresses as a man to attend a _______________.
(a) Political rally.
(c) Cock fight.
(d) Labor union meeting.
2. When does Jay's mother say she began to hate her husband?
(a) When he started to favor Robert.
(b) When he took her away from her village.
(c) The first time he beat her.
(d) When he took a mistress.
3. Whom does Annie want to marry?
4. What news does Jay share with his mother?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) He is in love with Lizzie.
(c) He is moving to America.
(d) He has shot his father.
5. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
(a) He buys drinks for everyone.
(b) He gets higher wages for them.
(c) He sets up a charity for unemployed men.
(d) He knows how to tell a good joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Mack find?
2. The letter from the London lawyer states that the miners are to be free at the age of ________________.
3. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
4. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
5. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack begin to prepare for an escape from Mockjack Hall?
2. What is Mack's code about not letting anyone cheat him and how does that impact him and others?
3. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
4. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
5. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
6. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
7. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
8. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
9. What does Mack do to alert Lizzie that Jay and his party have found them?
10. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)