|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
(a) Mack's prize fight.
(b) A holiday dance.
(c) A dress sale.
(d) A play she wants to see.
2. Who is Mack's twin sister?
3. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
(a) An estate.
(b) A mine.
(c) Gold bricks.
(d) A horse.
4. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
5. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
(a) She goes with Annie.
(b) She goes alone.
(c) She goes with Lady Alicia.
(d) She goes with Jay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
2. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
3. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Who is Sir George's wife?
5. What is the nature of the crowd after the event Lizzie attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Jamissons enter into a conspiracy about the coal that Lizzie cannot know about?
2. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
3. What is Mack's code about not letting anyone cheat him and how does that impact him and others?
4. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
5. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
6. Describe Mack's terrifying experience burning off the gas in the mine.
7. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
8. What does Jay's mother tell him about her beginning feelings of hatred for her husband Sir George?
9. What makes Lizzie change her mind about going through with the wedding?
10. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)