|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
2. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
3. What do the Jamissons want from Lizzie's family?
4. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is always late.
(c) He is a troublemaker.
(d) He is Catholic.
5. To what city does Mack escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Lizzie about the mines?
2. What does Delaney advise Mack to do?
3. What is Lizzie's last name?
4. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
5. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
2. What makes Lizzie change her mind about going through with the wedding?
3. Describe Mack's terrifying experience burning off the gas in the mine.
4. Why have the Jamissons returned to High Glen?
5. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
6. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
7. What is the year-and-a-day law?
8. What does Jay's mother tell him about her beginning feelings of hatred for her husband Sir George?
9. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
10. For what occasion does Lizzie decide to dress as a man in Chapter 14?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)