|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
2. Why does Lizzie want to call off the wedding to Jay?
(a) Jamisson people have been investigating the coal on Hallim land.
(b) She found out that Jay has been secretly seeing her best friend.
(c) She realizes that the man she really loves is Robert.
(d) She needs more time to think about the marriage.
3. Why does Sir George Jamisson want Robert to marry Lizzie?
(a) The Hallim estate is rich in coal.
(b) She will be easily taught how to run the business.
(c) She is the most beautiful girl in the county.
(d) Her family pedigree is fit for his son.
4. What is the last name of the person with whom Mack lives?
5. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
(b) Sir George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when Jay tells him that Jay and Lizzie are going to marry?
2. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
3. What news does Jay share with his mother?
4. In what country does the novel primarily take place?
5. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
2. What do the men determine about Mack and Lizzie's whereabouts after they find Peg?
3. What are Mack's plans for leaving Scotland?
4. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
5. Does Jay feel it is worth his time to hunt for Lizzie?
6. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
7. How does the story end happily for Mack and Lizzie?
8. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
9. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
10. What does Jay's mother tell him about her beginning feelings of hatred for her husband Sir George?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)