|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lennox upset about Mack?
(a) Mack is making deals directly with the shippers.
(b) Mack wants to divorce his sister.
(c) Mack has bailed on a business deal.
(d) Mack won't repay a gambling debt.
2. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
(a) Iron collar.
(b) Gold brick.
(c) Lump of coal.
(d) Beer stein.
3. Who is Mack's twin sister?
4. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
5. What news does Jay share with his mother?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) He is in love with Lizzie.
(c) He is moving to America.
(d) He has shot his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Jamissons want from Lizzie's family?
2. Who accompanies Lizzie to London to meet Jay?
3. Why does Sir George Jamisson want Robert to marry Lizzie?
4. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
5. What do two men take from Lizzie in an alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mack's terrifying experience burning off the gas in the mine.
2. What is life like for Mack in London?
3. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
4. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
5. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
6. What deal does Lady Alicia try to strike with her husband regarding Jay and his management of the coal on the Hallim land?
7. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
8. Why do the shippers boycott Mack and his gang, and what role does Lennox play in it?
9. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
10. What is Mack's code about not letting anyone cheat him and how does that impact him and others?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)