|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has attended the hanging with Mack?
2. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
(a) A Scottish country estate.
(b) A home in Edinburgh.
(c) A stable of horses.
(d) The Barbados property.
3. In what country does the novel primarily take place?
4. Who is Mack's twin sister?
5. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
Short Answer Questions
1. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
2. Lizzie dresses as a man to attend a _______________.
3. What is mined in the local mines?
4. Who pays for Lizzie's house?
5. Where do Mack and his friend go after the event at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
2. How do the Jamissons insure that Mack becomes Jamisson property?
3. What is life like for Mack in London?
4. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
5. Why does Mack have to rescue Lizzie after the hanging?
6. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
7. What does Lady Alicia feel about Jay's decision to marry, and what does she want her husband to give Jay as a gift?
8. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
9. What is the year-and-a-day law?
10. What is the reason Mack and the others talk about organizing a strike?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)