|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the person with whom Mack lives?
2. What is mined in the local mines?
3. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He must walk backwards.
(c) He is dragged behind a horse.
(d) He must walk naked.
4. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
(a) Gold bricks.
(b) An estate.
(c) A mine.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
(a) A holiday dance.
(b) A play she wants to see.
(c) A dress sale.
(d) Mack's prize fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lennox approach Jay in Chapter 19?
2. Who is Sir George's wife?
3. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
4. What do two men take from Lizzie in an alley?
5. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
2. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
3. How do the Jamissons insure that Mack becomes Jamisson property?
4. Why does Mack have to rescue Lizzie after the hanging?
5. What topics does Jay need to speak to his father about while in London?
6. What is the reason Mack and the others talk about organizing a strike?
7. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
8. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
9. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
10. What makes Lizzie change her mind about going through with the wedding?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)