|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
(a) To buy cattle.
(b) To board a ship.
(c) To buy a wedding ring.
(d) To have a holiday.
2. What news does Mack give to Jay?
(a) Annie is dying.
(b) Mack is quitting the mine.
(c) Jay cannot marry Esther.
(d) Mack is marrying Lizzie.
3. With whom does Mack live when he escapes?
4. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Attending a play.
(c) Courting a girl.
(d) Shoeing a horse.
5. What is Lizzie's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the Jamissons in the deer hunt?
2. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
3. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
4. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
5. What does a man want people to do in support of John Wilkes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
2. Describe Mack's terrifying experience burning off the gas in the mine.
3. Why does Peg run away during the escape with Mack and Lizzie?
4. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
5. What are the terms of Sir George's will?
6. Why does Lizzie decide to run away with Mack?
7. What is the nature of the problems between Lizzie and Lennox?
8. Why do the shippers boycott Mack and his gang, and what role does Lennox play in it?
9. What makes Lizzie change her mind about going through with the wedding?
10. How does the story end happily for Mack and Lizzie?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)