|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Mack and Dermot a drink for rescuing the girl?
2. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
3. Why is Lennox upset about Mack?
(a) Mack wants to divorce his sister.
(b) Mack has bailed on a business deal.
(c) Mack won't repay a gambling debt.
(d) Mack is making deals directly with the shippers.
4. Why have Lizzie and Jay come to London?
(a) To make honeymoon arrangements.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To buy wedding favors.
(d) To look at a house.
5. What does Delaney advise Mack to do?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Leave town for a year or two.
(c) Open his own business.
(d) Get a job on a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir George's wife?
2. According to the law, if a man over twenty-one works in the mine for ________________, he becomes the property of the owner.
3. Who is Mack's twin sister?
4. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
5. What is High Glen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topics does Jay need to speak to his father about while in London?
2. What are Mack's plans for leaving Scotland?
3. What does Lady Alicia feel about Jay's decision to marry, and what does she want her husband to give Jay as a gift?
4. Which one of the Jamisson sons does Lizzie agree to marry and why?
5. What is Mack's code about not letting anyone cheat him and how does that impact him and others?
6. Describe Mack's terrifying experience burning off the gas in the mine.
7. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
8. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
9. Why do the shippers boycott Mack and his gang, and what role does Lennox play in it?
10. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)