|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
(a) Make sure everyone is out.
(b) Shut down all the vents.
(c) Burn off the firedamp.
(d) Bring all the tools out.
2. Where do Mack and his friend go after the event at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The pier.
(b) A sporting venue.
(c) A bar.
(d) A dance hall.
3. What is Jay Jamisson hoping his father will give him as a birthday gift?
(a) A new stallion.
(b) A seat on the company's board of directors.
(c) A country estate.
(d) A sugar plantation in Barbados.
4. The Jamissons decide to let Mack ________________.
(a) Marry Sara.
(b) Be tortured.
5. Who is Mack's boss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
2. How old was Mack when he first started working in the mines?
3. With whom does Mack live when he escapes?
4. What is High Glen?
5. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topics does Jay need to speak to his father about while in London?
2. What preparations has Mack made for his escape and what prevents him from going?
3. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
4. What makes Lizzie change her mind about going through with the wedding?
5. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
6. How was Mack set up to be arrested?
7. How do Mack and Lizzie enlist the help of an Indian to serve as a guide?
8. Why does Jay not see himself as the overseer at Mockjack Hall?
9. What is life like for Mack in London?
10. What does Lady Alicia feel about Jay's decision to marry, and what does she want her husband to give Jay as a gift?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)