|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
2. Why does Lennox approach Jay in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to have a drink with him.
(b) He wants to court Lizzie's sister.
(c) He wants to be his business partner.
(d) Jay owes him money.
3. Where do Mack and his friend go after the event at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A sporting venue.
(b) A bar.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) The pier.
4. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
5. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is High Glen?
2. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
3. Why can Sir George not give the Barbados plantation to Jay?
4. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
5. Who is Mack's twin sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
2. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
3. How is Mack McAsh introduced in the story?
4. What is life like for Mack in London?
5. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
6. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
7. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
8. What is Mack's code about not letting anyone cheat him and how does that impact him and others?
9. What is the reason Mack and the others talk about organizing a strike?
10. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)