|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
(a) To have a holiday.
(b) To buy a wedding ring.
(c) To board a ship.
(d) To buy cattle.
2. Mack is offered a job as a/an _____________.
3. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
4. What is the name of the tobacco plantation that Sir George gives to Jay and Lizzie?
(b) Belle Gray.
(d) Jamisson Fields.
5. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mined in the local mines?
2. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
3. How old was Mack when he first started working in the mines?
4. What does a man want people to do in support of John Wilkes?
5. Who does Jay Jamisson want to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
2. What is the year-and-a-day law?
3. What deal does Lady Alicia try to strike with her husband regarding Jay and his management of the coal on the Hallim land?
4. What does Jay's mother tell him about her beginning feelings of hatred for her husband Sir George?
5. Why do the shippers boycott Mack and his gang, and what role does Lennox play in it?
6. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
7. How is Mack McAsh introduced in the story?
8. What is the reason Mack and the others talk about organizing a strike?
9. What topics does Jay need to speak to his father about while in London?
10. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)