|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Mack find?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Shoveling coal.
(c) Hospital attendant.
(d) Tending bar.
2. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
3. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
4. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is dragged behind a horse.
(c) He must walk backwards.
(d) He must walk naked.
5. Lizzie dresses as a man to attend a _______________.
(a) Labor union meeting.
(b) Political rally.
(c) Cock fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
2. When does Jay's mother say she began to hate her husband?
3. Who joins the Jamissons in the deer hunt?
4. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
5. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the year-and-a-day law?
2. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
3. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
4. What are Mack's plans for leaving Scotland?
5. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
6. Why does Mack have to rescue Lizzie after the hanging?
7. What is Mack's code about not letting anyone cheat him and how does that impact him and others?
8. Describe Mack's terrifying experience burning off the gas in the mine.
9. What is life like for Mack in London?
10. What does Lady Alicia feel about Jay's decision to marry, and what does she want her husband to give Jay as a gift?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)