|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay tell his father and brother about Mack?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He is a trouble maker.
(c) He was wounded in a blast.
(d) He is leaving the mine.
2. Which of the following does Lizzie NOT do for Mack?
(a) Dries him off.
(b) Ignores his cries for help.
(c) Pulls him from the water.
(d) Gives him her fur coat.
3. What is High Glen?
(a) A novel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A subdivision.
(d) A house.
4. What is mined in the local mines?
5. Who has attended the hanging with Mack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jay Jamisson want to kill?
2. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
3. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
4. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
5. What news does Mack give to Jay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cora blackmailed into giving up Mack's location?
2. What does Lizzie do when Mack is knocked unconscious during the fight?
3. Why do the shippers boycott Mack and his gang, and what role does Lennox play in it?
4. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
5. What is the fate of the prisoners in the colonies?
6. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
7. Why does Lizzie decide to testify on Mack's behalf?
8. Which one of the Jamisson sons does Lizzie agree to marry and why?
9. What deal does Lady Alicia try to strike with her husband regarding Jay and his management of the coal on the Hallim land?
10. How are Jay, Dobbs, and Lennox killed?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)