|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
(a) Crawling through shrubs.
(b) Climbing a tree.
(c) Running across the glen.
(d) Swimming across the river.
2. Who is Mack's twin sister?
3. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
(a) He is always late.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is a troublemaker.
(d) He is lazy.
4. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
5. What is the nature of the crowd after the event Lizzie attends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a firedamp?
2. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
3. What is Jay Jamisson hoping his father will give him as a birthday gift?
4. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
5. The letter from the London lawyer states that the miners are to be free at the age of ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason Mack and the others talk about organizing a strike?
2. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
3. How is Mack McAsh introduced in the story?
4. What is life like for Mack in London?
5. What does Lady Alicia feel about Jay's decision to marry, and what does she want her husband to give Jay as a gift?
6. Why does Lizzie call off the wedding?
7. How does Mack learn that he is a free man?
8. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
9. How do the Jamissons insure that Mack becomes Jamisson property?
10. Why have the Jamissons returned to High Glen?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)