|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
(a) Beer stein.
(b) Gold brick.
(c) Iron collar.
(d) Lump of coal.
2. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
3. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
(a) She goes with Lady Alicia.
(b) She goes with Jay.
(c) She goes with Annie.
(d) She goes alone.
4. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Attending a play.
(c) Courting a girl.
(d) Shoeing a horse.
5. Who is the girl that Mack and Dermot rescue in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mack is offered a job as a/an _____________.
2. What news does Mack give to Jay?
3. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
4. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
5. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
2. What is the reason for the contentious nature between Jay and Robert?
3. What is the content of the Prologue in A PLACE CALLED FREEDOM?
4. Why do the shippers boycott Mack and his gang, and what role does Lennox play in it?
5. Why does Mack have to rescue Lizzie after the hanging?
6. For what occasion does Lizzie decide to dress as a man in Chapter 14?
7. What does Mack do that makes the Jamissons wary of him?
8. What are Mack's plans for leaving Scotland?
9. Why have the Jamissons returned to High Glen?
10. What does Lady Alicia feel about Jay's decision to marry, and what does she want her husband to give Jay as a gift?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)