|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jay decides to propose to ______________.
2. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
3. Which of the following does Lizzie NOT do for Mack?
(a) Gives him her fur coat.
(b) Dries him off.
(c) Pulls him from the water.
(d) Ignores his cries for help.
4. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
(a) He knows how to tell a good joke.
(b) He sets up a charity for unemployed men.
(c) He gets higher wages for them.
(d) He buys drinks for everyone.
5. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
(a) Provided oxygen tanks.
(b) Provided good helmets.
(c) Installed oil lights.
(d) Installed ventilation shafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
2. What is Lizzie's last name?
3. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
4. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
5. Who joins the Jamissons in the deer hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topics does Jay need to speak to his father about while in London?
2. What does Lizzie learn about Jay's affairs with slave girls?
3. Why does Lennox torture the Indian?
4. How does Lizzie learn about Mack's upcoming prize fight?
5. What is Lady Hallim's advice regarding Jay's growing interest in Lizzie?
6. What makes Lizzie change her mind about going through with the wedding?
7. What is life like for Mack in London?
8. What is Mack's first priority after the firedamp alarm sounds?
9. What deal does Lady Alicia try to strike with her husband regarding Jay and his management of the coal on the Hallim land?
10. What is Mack's fate in the colonies?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)